Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bucket List Sporting Venues

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Bucket List Sporting Venues
« on: July 10, 2012, 04:49:17 PM »
Just posting in the baseball thread about Fenway Park being one of those ball parks I would love to visit before I kick it, hopefully no time soon.  (The croaking, I mean)  I have been to Wrigley, didn't see a game there but checked out the stadium.  I've seen a game at Cameron Indoor and shot a few hoops in the Dean Dome down the road. Otherwise, I haven't been to many of the venues in sports I'd love to see.  What are some must see venues for any and all sports that you just have to go see?  What are some that you've been to that will always stick out in your mind.  I'd like to see events at:

Fenway

Yankmee Stadium

British Open.  Would love to spend a couple of days downing brew and watching golf on any of those courses.

Notre Dame Stadium...or whatever it's called.  I have no connection and don't give two fiddle farts about ND, but that's an incredibly tradition rich stadium and I'd like to check out a big game just to see the atmosphere.

Any World Cup Soccer match.  Not a soccer fan.  Don't know 3 names in the entire sport.  Pele?  But again, I'd love to drink beer and sit back watching people that damn crazy about the sport, singing their collective asses off the whole game and ready to fight at the drop of a hat.

Thoughts?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: Bucket List Sporting Venues
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 04:55:54 PM »
Just posting in the baseball thread about Fenway Park being one of those ball parks I would love to visit before I kick it, hopefully no time soon.  (The croaking, I mean)  I have been to Wrigley, didn't see a game there but checked out the stadium.  I've seen a game at Cameron Indoor and shot a few hoops in the Dean Dome down the road. Otherwise, I haven't been to many of the venues in sports I'd love to see.  What are some must see venues for any and all sports that you just have to go see?  What are some that you've been to that will always stick out in your mind.  I'd like to see events at:

Fenway

Yankmee Stadium

British Open.  Would love to spend a couple of days downing brew and watching golf on any of those courses.

Notre Dame Stadium...or whatever it's called.  I have no connection and don't give two fiddle farts about ND, but that's an incredibly tradition rich stadium and I'd like to check out a big game just to see the atmosphere.

Any World Cup Soccer match.  Not a soccer fan.  Don't know 3 names in the entire sport.  Pele?  But again, I'd love to drink beer and sit back watching people that damn crazy about the sport, singing their collective asses off the whole game and ready to fight at the drop of a hat.

Thoughts?

Been to Fenway, playoff game actually.  Had a lovely view of the large green column two rows in front of me.  If you ever get to go you will not believe how tiny the place is.

Wish list?

Euro soccer match between two major rivals.

New Zealand All blacks rugby game

Boston Garden (or whatever it's called now) for a playoff game.

Formula 1 Race in Monaco (Grand Prix of Monaco) for cars going 200mph on these streets.

and the scenery
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 04:57:32 PM »
Been to Fenway, playoff game actually.  Had a lovely view of the large green column two rows in front of me.  If you ever get to go you will not believe how tiny the place is.

Wish list?

Euro soccer match between two major rivals.

New Zealand All blacks rugby game

Boston Garden (or whatever it's called now) for a playoff game.

Formula 1 Race in Monaco (Grand Prix of Monaco) for cars going 200mph on these streets.

and the scenery

Uh yeah, that Monaco thing.  I can get tickets where?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 04:58:34 PM »

Fenway

Yankmee Stadium

Thoughts?
You better get to steppin, you don't have much time left.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 05:05:30 PM »

If you can't be serious and add something to the conversation, I'll ask you not to participate.  I have my finger on the "Report To Mods" button.

Everyone, please don't encourage GF.  Now, Billy, where would you like to visit?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 05:07:49 PM »
Mine is a bit different...mine is more event related than venue.

I will say that my only sports related bucket list item that I truly cared about was achieved on January 10, 2011.

I have been to a National Championship game - 2 actually.
Been to a World Series Game.
Been to 2 NBA Finals games.

However I would like to go to a Super Bowl.
Would like to go to Heavy Weight Boxing Match in Vegas
     "            "        Indy 500
     "            "        The Masters & British Open (Would love to take my pops to a Masters)
     "            "        Final Four

Venue wise I would like to get to all of the SEC Stadiums.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 05:10:26 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 05:13:04 PM »
Buzz can prolly speak to this better, but I hit the Masters and the course itself was far more impressive than the golf.  We saw some good shots but few and far between. If you're not staked out at one spot where you can see...and stay there....you miss about 90% of the shots, or at least have no idea where it went.  But, the course is worth the trip.  Incredible!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 05:21:11 PM »
World Cup Final with the US motherfuckin' A Competiting

NBA Finals, game 3 or game 7

The Super Bowl but only if it's not in a dome (Miami, Pasadena)

Ohio State-Michigan when both teams are ranked

Michigan@Notre Dame

The Red River Rivalry

Any Dallas game at Jerry's World
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 05:24:15 PM »
For some reason...and probably similar to my reasoning on ND, I always wanted to see the Big House in MeatChicken.  But, when I saw the documentary on Appy State's upset of teh Wolverines, it showed a ton of the stadium and I just went, Yeesh, nothing to that.  Looked like a dump. 

I would like to visit Jerry World and check out that big ass TV hanging from the ceiling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 05:39:18 PM »
For some reason...and probably similar to my reasoning on ND, I always wanted to see the Big House in MeatChicken.  But, when I saw the documentary on Appy State's upset of teh Wolverines, it showed a ton of the stadium and I just went, Yeesh, nothing to that.  Looked like a dump. 

I would like to visit Jerry World and check out that big ass TV hanging from the ceiling.

How long after it was built do you think it took some late night security crew to slip "Debbie Does Dallas" into the DVD player?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Token

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 05:52:12 PM »
Bryant-Denny stadium. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 06:42:05 PM »
Bryant-Denny stadium. 

Someone call Token and inform him that RWS hacked into his account.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Token

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 06:55:38 PM »
Someone call Token and inform him that RWS hacked into his account.

It was going there, I just figured I'd get it out of the way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 09:14:20 AM »
I've always wanted to watch a game in the Packers stadium while it's snowing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 09:17:49 AM »
Notre Dame (even though their stadium is outdated as hell)
Yankee Stadium
Cowboys Stadium (actually saw it in person last Wednesday but would like to see a game there)
Dean Smith Center
Bristol Motor Speedway
Lambeau Field

I could careless about Fenway or World Cup. The fans of both turn me off enough to not give a shit. I'm sure this will rub many the wrong way since no one is ever allowed to not like Soccer ever. Apprently that's the rule.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 09:19:55 AM »
Buzz can prolly speak to this better, but I hit the Masters and the course itself was far more impressive than the golf.  We saw some good shots but few and far between. If you're not staked out at one spot where you can see...and stay there....you miss about 90% of the shots, or at least have no idea where it went.  But, the course is worth the trip.  Incredible!

You're so right, Carl.  It was a beautiful course, and the golf (what I remember of it anyway) was kind of secondary.

I have now made the Master's and the PGA Championship, so my golfs bucket list is complete.

I really want to make it to Fenway sometime...have made 2 trips to Wrigley, and loved every minute of them both.  I would also love to see Camden Yards.

On teh foosball side, I really want to see Jerry World, and I would love to see a January game at Soldier Field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 09:44:55 AM »
I don't get Yankee stadium or Notre Dame on everyone's bucket list. I know they're both popular outside of this thread, but I just don't get it. Like saying Bryant Denny's on your bucket list.

Notre Dame sucks and that stadium sucks. I'm under 30 so Notre Dame's grandeur has always baffled me. As did Alabama's until Dick Satan came along.

I hate the Yankees and don't see what would be so "magical" about stepping foot in there. Unless you're just a Yanks fan, in which case, I would hope you make it on a regular basis depending on your proximity. Daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, whatever. And it's not even the same Yankee Stadium. I was in New York in January 2009. Before they tore the old one down and opened the new one. I had the opportunity to see both in one day. I passed. Didn't give enough of a shit.

As for my personal bucket list, I'm with GF. I already saw the landslide #1 in January 2011. #2 for me is probably a Super Bowl. If the Saints or Panthers are in this one, I may take the plunge since it's in town. Neither seem too likely right now, especially the latter. Would maybe like to go to the Kentucky Derby one day, not so much for the event itself, but for the atmosphere. Kind of think it would be cool to go to a World Cup game, but once again, not because I care too much about the sport itself.

Of events I've already checked off in addition to Glendale, I went to a Talladega race for the same reason as the Kentucky Derby. Not cause I give a shit about the sport. Except it's kind of the polar opposite in terms of the atmosphere itself. Sat floor seats at a Lakers game amongst celebrities, even if it was an away game.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 09:46:50 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 10:55:13 AM »
I don't get Yankee stadium or Notre Dame on everyone's bucket list. I know they're both popular outside of this thread, but I just don't get it. Like saying Bryant Denny's on your bucket list.

Notre Dame sucks and that stadium sucks. I'm under 30 so Notre Dame's grandeur has always baffled me. As did Alabama's until Dick Satan came along.

I hate the Yankees and don't see what would be so "magical" about stepping foot in there. Unless you're just a Yanks fan, in which case, I would hope you make it on a regular basis depending on your proximity. Daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, whatever. And it's not even the same Yankee Stadium. I was in New York in January 2009. Before they tore the old one down and opened the new one. I had the opportunity to see both in one day. I passed. Didn't give enough of a shit.

As for my personal bucket list, I'm with GF. I already saw the landslide #1 in January 2011. #2 for me is probably a Super Bowl. If the Saints or Panthers are in this one, I may take the plunge since it's in town. Neither seem too likely right now, especially the latter. Would maybe like to go to the Kentucky Derby one day, not so much for the event itself, but for the atmosphere. Kind of think it would be cool to go to a World Cup game, but once again, not because I care too much about the sport itself.

Of events I've already checked off in addition to Glendale, I went to a Talladega race for the same reason as the Kentucky Derby. Not cause I give a shit about the sport. Except it's kind of the polar opposite in terms of the atmosphere itself. Sat floor seats at a Lakers game amongst celebrities, even if it was an away game.

I guess it's just personal preference. Growing up Notre Dame was still relevant. And they will always have that mystique I guess. Same thing with the Yankees with Ruth, Mantle, etc.

You listed one I totally forgot about and have been trying to get to for 2-3 years except something seems to come up every May on my schedule that prevents it - Churchill Downs.  Ive been to Talladega 4 times and it's an awesome experience racetrack wise if you can look past the Bammer convention that it basically has become.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 05:11:30 PM »
As someone mentioned earlier, Lambeau Field in the snow would be a tradition filled trip.  Obviously, you grow up watching games in all kinds of stadiums and settings.  Big 10 games were always fun to watch if it was overcast or snowing (any game where it's snowing). Football is supposed to be played in cool/cold weather.  One stadium I always thought I'd like to visit is Husky Stadium in Washington.  Not sure if that's the name.  But, it always looked overcast and Union Bay in the background gives it a great look.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions