Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

First Al Gore invents the interwebs then

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
First Al Gore invents the interwebs then
« on: July 10, 2012, 08:27:31 AM »
the Obama administration invents the Lexus hybrid.  Is there nothing the Democrats can't do?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-administration-takes-credit-inspiring-lexus-hybrid-suv-which-began-production

Obama Administration Takes Credit for Inspiring Lexus Hybrid SUV--Which Began Production in 2004

The Obama administration is taking credit for inspiring Lexus to create a hybrid SUV--even though the automobile company began the well-publicized production of its RX 400h SUV hybrid in 2004--four full years before Obama was elected.

A timeline of the auto company's history, posted on its website, says: "2004-The first production SUV hybrid, the RX 400h, debuts with Lexus Hybrid Drive. U.S. Lexus sales reach two million."

Lexus first announced it would market the RX 400h hybrid SUV at a press conference at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Mich., on Jan. 6, 2004.

"The new RX 400h re-defines the midsize luxury SUV market while raising awareness and acceptance of hybrid gas-electric vehicles among luxury car and SUV buyers," Denny Clements, Lexus group vice president and general manager, said at the SUV's 2004 roll out. "This is truly a breakthrough in terms of hybrid gas-electric powertrains because, for the first time, it adds a new performance dimension to the traditional hybrid advantages of high mileage and low emissions."

Despite the fact that the RX 400h premiered in 2004, Obama administration Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood expressed a different vision of history when he and EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson were discussing vehicle fuel standards at the Aspen Ideas Festival on July 3.

“I don’t think the car manufacturers would be manufacturing the cars they are manufacturing today as hybrids, if it weren’t for what the president did in signing the executive order and what Lisa and I have done over the last three and half years about developing C.A.F.E. (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) standards for automobiles and light trucks that will get 54.4 miles per gallon by 2025."

“I think we jump started the ability," said LaHood. "When you see now a Lexus hybrid, no one would have ever predicted that 2 years ago. Every car manufacturer is getting into hybrid. I think we jump started those opportunities."

It was widely reported that pre-orders for the Lexus RX 400h SUV were high, and the vehicle was widely available for sale in 2005. The company made it's first hybrid sedan, the GS 450h, available in 2006.

President Obama signed the order for the federal government to raise fuel standards for cars and trucks in May 20, 2010.

According to his biography on the Department of Transportation web site, Ray LaHood became the 16th Secretary of Transportation on January 23, 2009. Before that LaHood was a Republican member of the House of Representatives from Illinois.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Re: First Al Gore invents the interwebs then
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 09:43:11 AM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole