« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2012, 01:12:15 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: Tax Question
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2012, 01:22:25 PM »
Doesn't your taxable income also have to be X amount before you actually have to file quarterly?

Yes and no.

If you are self-employed (including being the owner of a sole proprietorship, or in a partnership, LLC, or S-Corp), then you have to file if you anticipate your tax liability to be more than $1,000.

If you are a regular corporation, then you have to file quarterly if your tax liability will be more than $500.

In those two instances, it's not based upon how much you make in gross income as much as it is based upon your taxable income and the ultimate amount of tax due.

Aside from self-employed individuals, other people may have to file estimated quarterly taxes if the amount they owe will be more than $1,000 and their withholding amount is either A) less than 90% of the total amount that will be owed, or B) less than 100% of what was owed the previous year.

Basically, they try to give employed individuals the opportunity to correct their withholding amounts so that the vast majority, if not all, of the taxes are paid throughout the year with the withholding deposits.  If you are not withholding with a W-2 (self-employed) or otherwise are not withholding the proper amount, then they will require you to pay quarterly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

JR4AU

« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2012, 01:31:13 PM »
Late to this thread because I've been enjoying Orange Beach on tax dollars of the Alabama tax payer, but where is Chizad and CCTAU with their sage legal advice here?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2012, 01:46:09 PM »
Late to this thread because I've been enjoying Orange Beach on tax dollars of the Alabama tax payer, but where is Chizad and CCTAU with their sage legal advice here?
Penisboob.  That's where.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2012, 01:49:16 PM »
Yes and no.

If you are self-employed (including being the owner of a sole proprietorship, or in a partnership, LLC, or S-Corp), then you have to file if you anticipate your tax liability to be more than $1,000.

Yep, thats it. Since I owned a business AND worked a regular W2 job at the same time, I never did quarterly because of the WH from my normal paycheck causing my tax liability to be nothing. Even with the income from the business, I was having so much taken out of my paycheck at work (on purpose) that it still put my total tax liability at 0. In fact, I still got some back a couple of years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2012, 07:36:42 PM »
Yep, thats it.

Of course that's it.

I'M A LAWYER!

And a patriot.  And a champion.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin