Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Zeke Pike arrested for .....

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Zeke Pike arrested for .....
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2012, 07:02:04 PM »
So...I guess that means if Frazier goes down, it'll be...no.  No, let's not even bring it up.
:suicide:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2012, 07:20:07 PM »
I'm sure this goes against the majority but I actually think if for some reason Frazier did go down, Clint could probably perform much better in this "Pro Style" type offense. Not saying I would want it to come to this though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2012, 07:24:52 PM »
Coach Chizik sent him home. I've got so much respect for our HC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2012, 10:30:56 PM »
Coach Chizik sent him home. I've got so much respect for our HC.

If this is true,(not saying it's not) then that says to me Zeke has been having trouble "fitting in" and "adjusting to college life."  One public intox arrest doesn't merit more than a suspension of a game, and some extra work before/after practice.  If Zeke is a problem, then he made the right move.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2012, 10:36:51 PM »
JHoke tweeted this around 6pm tonight:

Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokanson
Sent home. RT @autigers1970: @JHokanson Sent home by Chizik or brought home by Mom and Dad?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2012, 11:28:38 PM »
If this is true,(not saying it's not) then that says to me Zeke has been having trouble "fitting in" and "adjusting to college life."  One public intox arrest doesn't merit more than a suspension of a game, and some extra work before/after practice.  If Zeke is a problem, then he made the right move.

Or...chizik had warned Pike before he got to Auburn about straightening his shit out and let him know he was on a short leash. When the first thing happened...gone...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2012, 11:38:43 PM »
FWIW, I don't think he's gone for good (yet).

I think he was orinally invited to participate in Summer workouts, etc. and since he showed he's not mature enough to handle it, Chizik said "go home to mama and do some growing up and come back in the fall"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2012, 11:41:32 PM »
Or...chizik had warned Pike before he got to Auburn about straightening his shit out and let him know he was on a short leash. When the first thing happened...gone...

You are right, I just read a quote from hokanson saying that this isn't the first misstep...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2012, 11:45:54 PM »

Could be that.  JMHO, YMMV, I think if you bring in a kid with some baggage prior to Auburn, if you are willing to take the risk in the first place, you tell him his slate starts clean at Auburn.  That said, "fair" doesn't always mean "equal" treatment.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2012, 07:39:39 AM »
You are right, I just read a quote from hokanson saying that this isn't the first misstep...

You just answered yourself.  :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2012, 08:51:11 AM »
FWIW, I don't think he's gone for good (yet).

I think he was orinally invited to participate in Summer workouts, etc. and since he showed he's not mature enough to handle it, Chizik said "go home to mama and do some growing up and come back in the fall"

We may never know the real truth, but I suspect this is correct also.  If he doesn't get his shit together by August...bye bye.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2012, 09:30:51 AM »
We may never know the real truth, but I suspect this is correct also.  If he doesn't get his shit together by August...bye bye.

Dude gets drunk and touches the titties at UGA and gets sent away.

Dude gets drunk in public at AU and gets sent away??????

He should have at least touched some titties!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2012, 10:52:10 AM »
Ok so did Chizik send him home, or did momma make him go home for the rest of the summer?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2012, 10:58:38 AM »
Scarbinsky trying to keep his job.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/06/auburn_doesnt_need_any_more_of.html
Auburn doesn't need any more of Zeke Pike's aggravation right now
Published: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 5:07 AM     Updated: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 7:27 AM
Kevin Scarbinsky, Birmingham News By Kevin Scarbinsky, Birmingham News

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - There's no question it's the right move for Auburn's Zeke Pike to go home for the summer.

No matter whose decision it was.

You already needed a scorecard to keep track of the strikes against the freshman quarterback, and that's just the ones we know about.

After his arrest Saturday night on a charge of public in­toxication, it's obvious that Pike needs time to clear his head, get his act together and decide if he really wants to play college football.

The last thing he needs right now is a disciplinary slap on the wrist in the form of running stadium steps.

The last thing Auburn needs right now is a player acting as if being bad is a good thing.

It's not.

One player from Auburn's 2010 BCS Championship roster, Antonio Goodwin, already has been sentenced to 15 years in jail for armed robbery, and three more -- Mike McNeil, Shaun Kitchens and Dakota Mosley -- await their trials on charges from the same incident.

On the night in question, according to testimony from Goodwin's trial, they carried a gun belonging to Mike Dyer, the MVP of that championship victory over Oregon. Dyer, who also testified that he consistently used synthetic marijuana while at Auburn, is now at Arkansas State.

If the only back in Auburn history to rush for more than 1,000 yards as both a freshman and a sophomore was expendable, so is an unproven freshman quarterback who's yet to take a snap beyond the spring game.

Before patting Gene Chizik on the back for (choose one) sending Pike home or allowing him to go home, a question seems in order. Given what we knew about Pike before he got to Auburn, why did Chizik sign him in the first place?
Kevin Scarbinsky is a columnist for The Birmingham News. His column is published on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.

Pike managed to achieve a rare double during his senior year at Dixie Heights High School in northern Kentucky. He was suspended for the first and last games of his final high school season.

He missed the opener because of a Kentucky High School Athletic Association suspension after getting ejected from a playoff game the previous season. He and two teammates missed the playoff loss that ended his high school career because of what their school termed an undisclosed violation of team rules.

What do we know about that final suspension? In an email to parents, the school principal referred to "an alleged incident in the locker room" the night before a game and outlined how school officials interviewed players and coaches the next morning.

In that same email, the principal included this generic warning without attaching it to any specific individual: "Please be aware that there is a rumor that students may be using synthetic marijuana that, although it is legal, is still very dangerous for their health."

Was that not a red flag for the Auburn coaching staff? How about this? Pike also had been ejected from a 7-on-7 tournament game, allegedly for throwing a ball at an official in anger.

If his decision-making weren't already in question before he arrived at Auburn early in January, Pike spent part of last summer engaged in a Twitter war with some Alabama fans. Those exchanges included Pike tweeting that he hated Alabama.

How many more red flags did Auburn need?

Chizik and company had more reasons to pass. Pike's original connection to Auburn was the friendship between his dad, a former NFL player, and Ted Roof, the Auburn defensive coordinator at the time. Mark Pike and Roof had roomed together at Georgia Tech.

Gus Malzahn picked up the trail as the offensive coordinator and became the lead recruiter for Pike.

Roof and Malzahn both accepted other jobs last December, which made it easier for Auburn to cool on Pike. Instead, they welcomed him to campus, well ahead of new offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler.

Now Pike's headed home, at least temporarily. It seems unlikely that he'd return anytime soon after this drastic step this early in his college career.

He needs some guidance, and Auburn doesn't need the aggravation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2012, 11:13:31 AM »
Scarbinsky trying to keep his job.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/06/auburn_doesnt_need_any_more_of.html

I think he is 100% correct.

Whether we actually have bad players or not, the perception is that we do. Pike doesn't help that cause. Scarb is right - we don't need his aggrevation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2012, 11:22:55 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2012, 12:34:34 PM »
This didn't sit well with me, but whatever. I wouldn't say I'm outraged.
Before patting Gene Chizik on the back for (choose one) sending Pike home or allowing him to go home, a question seems in order. Given what we knew about Pike before he got to Auburn, why did Chizik sign him in the first place?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2012, 12:36:08 PM »

And I kind of wondered that myself. I'm sure as someone said before, he was on a short leash. That was probably a stipulation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2012, 01:15:01 PM »
If it were an Alabama player, you would say the same thing Scarbinsky did.

AU doesn't need Pike's bullshit right now, and made the right call. Especially right on the heels of this shooting. Chizik is probably tired of seeing the team in the news, and Pike was more than likely on a short leash anyway. You guys would probably better off if he wasn't even on the team. His behavior hasn't improved over the course of high school, so I doubt college life will be any more conducive to not being a fuckup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2012, 03:49:02 PM »
Does Jumbo have any eligibility left? I heard he can throw the rock a mile.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum