dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Close Penn State Down
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2011, 12:48:44 PM »
I set 'em and you spike 'em, Karch.

You know it Steve.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2011, 01:30:26 PM »
What you need is a fatty-boom-batty blunt! And I guarantee you'll be seeing a sailboat, an ocean, and maybe even some of those big-tittied mermaids doing some of that lesbian shit! Look at me, look at me, you sloppy bitch!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2011, 01:44:37 PM »
And I'll have a problem with that if that's what happened. 

I'm still waiting for somebody to definitively show me exactly what Paterno knew. 

I'm waiting for somebody to deny that it's possible Sandusky convinced him it was all a big ass misunderstanding and he was just helping the kid get soap out of his eyes or something inane like that. 

Fuck it.  Tired of the debate.  Went a lot further than I intended it to, but the lynch mob mentality was interesting to me and I wanted to explore it a little.  It's pretty ugly. 

Most people here are convinced Paterno was either ass raping children himself or at least videotaped it and didn't share.  Of course the facts don't fit that, but who cares?

Boogety boogety.

Unlike the Cam crap, there's evidence here, and the leap of logic isn't nearly as long.  I agree we don't all know who had what pieces to the puzzle.  This isn't a court of law, and "innocent til proved guilty" doesn't apply.  I've seen and read enough to know Joe Pa knew something very bad, and did only the legal minimum.   Joe is held to a higher standard, because he's fucking Joe Pa.  His inaction here calls in to question his entire history.  The perceived "cover-up culture" leads most everyone to believe that his crystal clean legacy could be a sham.

I'm hurt that the guy that seemed to represent all that was good about college football, has been involved in something like this.  I believe he had an opportunity to put an end to it. 

I understand your "this happens everywhere" and "this is how they try to handle it to save face" take.  I agree.  The other side of that coin is: when the shit comes to light, guess who is held responsible?  That's right, the big dogs...the guys that knew, or should have known, even if they didn't.  THAT happens on a regular basis too.   Is it possible that Scrushy's accounting minions lied to him?  Yeah, but nobody believes that, and he was Captain of the good ship Healthsouth.  In name, Joe Pa may not have been Captain of the good ship Nittany Lion, but in practice, he was.  He took a chance, and he lost, and it's cost him and PSU an otherwise untarnished legacy.  Did he grasp how big a chance it was he was taking?  Well I'd argue like many others, a man in his position should have made it his business to know. 

My dad use to tell me: "one 'awe shit' wipes out a thousand 'attaboys'."  This is one big fucking "awe shit" for Joe.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2011, 02:11:08 PM »
Motown Philly back again.
Doin a little east coast swing....
And all the Philly steaks you can eat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2011, 03:22:03 PM »
What you need is a fatty-boom-batty blunt! And I guarantee you'll be seeing a sailboat, an ocean, and maybe even some of those big-tittied mermaids doing some of that lesbian shit! Look at me, look at me, you sloppy bitch!

Why don't they ever bring back or remake good shows, like "BJ and the Bear"? Now there's a concept I can't get enough of, a man and his monkey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2011, 03:34:11 PM »
Anyone thing that Sporcle chose poor timing to release this quiz?

http://www.sporcle.com/games/MathMan44/19-kids-and-counting-children
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2012, 09:24:37 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/sports/college/football&sa=NCF&eid=8114416

Report: PSU officials declined to alert authorities

06/29 7:23 PM
Former Penn State officials exchanged emails in 2001 to determine how they would deal with allegations of inappropriate behavior against Jerry Sandusky, according to a report by CNN. Former Penn State officials exchanged emails in 2001 to determine how they would deal with allegations of inappropriate behavior against Jerry Sandusky, according to a CNN report.
According to the report, emails between former Penn State officials Tim Curley, Gary Schultz and Graham Spanier show the trio initially planned to tell authorities about the allegations against Sandusky, who was convicted on 45 of 48 charges against him last week.

However, the three men opted not to alert authorities after speaking with "Joe," according to the report.

"After giving it more thought and talking it over with Joe yesterday, I am uncomfortable with what we agreed were the next steps. I am having trouble with going to everyone, but the person involved," read one of the emails, according to CNN.

During the Sandusky trial, prosecutors said Schultz, a Penn State vice president, kept a secret file containing allegations of inappropriate behavior against Sandusky that directly contradicted statements Schultz made to the grand jury investigating the disgraced former defensive coordinator.

"The commonwealth has come into possession of computer data (again, subpoenaed long ago but not received from PSU until after the charges had been filed in this case) in the form of emails between Schultz, Curley and others that contradict their testimony before the Grand Jury," the document states.

The document also states that Schultz, who also oversaw the school's police force, "created, maintained and possessed" the file.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2012, 11:24:51 AM »
Is it too soon to resume bashing Paterno, or is everyone going to get their panties in a wad about how great of a man he was prior to allowing children to be molested without doing what he should have?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2012, 11:31:37 AM »
Is it too soon to resume bashing Paterno, or is everyone going to get their panties in a wad about how great of a man he was prior to allowing children to be molested without doing what he should have?

Bash away. 

The whole school should be ashamed.  The coaches involved.  The administration.  Boosters.  Fans.  Students that marched and protested in supported of Joe Pa.  All of them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2012, 02:32:48 PM »
Bash away. 

The whole school should be ashamed.  The coaches involved.  The administration.  Boosters.  Fans.  Students that marched and protested in supported of Joe Pa.  All of them.

Fans/Alum can be ashamed of their program/institution, but they had no culpability.  I even get the students marching to support him prior to all we know now.   Now?  Anybody that supports him or his legacy at PSU is trash.  Joe Pa, his likeness, and any legacy or trace of him at that place should be removed and burned.

It's sad that one of the guys I thought had been doing it right, and one of the programs that seemed so clean went down in such a fucking massive ball of flames.  The worst part is, it had nothing to do directly with football.  This wasn't about winning and losing, it was about pedophiles and kids being ass raped!  This was real life, and real lives!  Damn shame for Joe Pa, but nothing he did on the field, and nothing he did for that university or community comes close to outweighing the damage done when he had the power to stop it.  A legacy forever tarnished!   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2012, 02:48:34 PM »
Fans/Alum can be ashamed of their program/institution, but they had no culpability.  I even get the students marching to support him prior to all we know now.   Now?  Anybody that supports him or his legacy at PSU is trash.  Joe Pa, his likeness, and any legacy or trace of him at that place should be removed and burned.

It's sad that one of the guys I thought had been doing it right, and one of the programs that seemed so clean went down in such a fudgeing massive ball of flames.  The worst part is, it had nothing to do directly with football.  This wasn't about winning and losing, it was about pedophiles and kids being ass raped!  This was real life, and real lives!  Damn shame for Joe Pa, but nothing he did on the field, and nothing he did for that university or community comes close to outweighing the damage done when he had the power to stop it.  A legacy forever tarnished!

:dead:

He's dead. His family? Maybe they care but probably no more than they care about holding on to his money. Never seen a man in power who didn't get there by stepping over others somewhere along the way.   Was JoePa obsessed with his legacy? Maybe. Theres certainly evidence to support that. But he's no different than any other "hero" I suppose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2012, 03:45:31 PM »
Never seen a man in power who didn't get there by stepping over others raping a few kids somewhere along the way.

Agreed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2012, 09:04:49 PM »
And it gets thicker http://www.koamtv.com/story/18922362/report-ex-psu-president-okd-not-reporting-abuse?clienttype=printable

A couple of interesting excerpts from that report.

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - Emails show Penn State's former president Graham Spanier agreed not to take allegations of sex abuse against ex-assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky to authorities but worried university officials would be "vulnerable" for failing to report it, a news organization has reported.

The emails followed a graduate assistant's 2001 report he saw Sandusky sexually assaulting a boy in the team locker room shower, CNN reported. The existence of the emails was first reported earlier this month by NBC.

The emails show athletic director Tim Curley and retired vice president Gary Schultz intended to report the allegation, then reconsidered. Spanier responded that he was "supportive" of their plan, but he worried they might "become vulnerable for not having reported it."

And here's the kicker

The timing of their change in plans - coming after Curley's discussion with Paterno - raises questions about whether the coach was more involved than he said in the decision.

The CNN report cites an email from Schultz to Curley on Feb. 26, 2001, 16 days after graduate assistant Mike McQueary told veteran coach Joe Paterno about the shower assault. Schultz suggests bringing the allegation to the attention of Sandusky, Sandusky's charity and the Department of Welfare, which investigates suspected child abuse, according to the report.

But the next night, Curley sent an email to Spanier, saying that after thinking about it more and talking to Paterno, he was "uncomfortable" with that plan and wanted to work with Sandusky before contacting authorities, the report said.

If Sandusky is cooperative, Curley's email said, "we would work with him. .... If not, we do not have a choice and will inform the two groups," according to the report.

Spanier wrote back and agreed with that approach, calling it "humane and a reasonable way to proceed," according to the report. But he also worried about the consequences.

Scumbags.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2012, 05:04:30 AM »
Wait until they find out about the investigator that ”went missing” along with his laptop's hard drive after the initial Sandusky child abuse case got thrown out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2012, 07:20:42 AM »
Wait until they find out about the investigator that ”went missing” along with his laptop's hard drive after the initial Sandusky child abuse case got thrown out.

I remember that story from the early days of all this. Seemed like a stretch then and not so much now. What a mess!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions