Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cam Newton on the Shooting

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Cam Newton on the Shooting
« on: June 13, 2012, 02:43:02 PM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/36049/cam-newton-speaks-on-auburn-tragedy

Cam Newton speaks on Auburn tragedy
June, 13, 2012

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Cam Newton is the face of the Carolina Panthers these days.

But the second-year quarterback forever will be tied to Auburn University, where he led the Tigers to a national championship. Newton talked at length about the upcoming season and I’ll have all of that in a column that’s coming Thursday. But Newton also was asked about the recent shootings at Auburn in which two former players were killed and a current player was among several others injured.

“I knew every single one of them, Newton said. “My heart goes out to the families that lost their son, their brother, their nephew. It’s disheartening just to even think about it. They were freshmen when I was there. Just to hear something like that, that’s very uncharacteristic of Auburn. It’s a very safe place.''

Newton, who usually is very animated and cheerful with the media was extremely somber and, at times, struggled for words as he discussed the tragedies.

“That’s very uncharacteristic of Auburn, Alabama. For people that know of that and are from that region, they know that’s something that is very, very strange.’’
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Cam Newton on the Shooting
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 02:48:46 PM »
Well you knew you would hear that from a thug.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 02:53:10 PM »
Well you knew you would hear that from a thug.

Hey, Pawwwwwwl...Yew jest knew that Scam Newton would have an opinion on drugs and guns and shootin and...uh...I'll betchoo Uncle Milty is gettin nervous right about now.  Whatchoo thank, Pawwwwwwl?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 03:18:00 PM »
Hey, Pawwwwwwl...Yew jest knew that Scam Newton would have an opinion on drugs and guns and shootin and...uh...I'll betchoo Uncle Milty is gettin nervous right about now.  Whatchoo thank, Pawwwwwwl?

And diddjew know'd that EFF-BEE-I wuz involved in this shootin too? You gon tell me thayutts jist a co-INN-sudence? With Scam Newton hollerin about it now, the puzzles all startin to come together and make sense now. Donchooo thank this is allz about to come to a head pawwwwwl? Itz the only way I seez it endin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 04:33:59 PM »
Thug POS.  Probably on Team Woosie. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 04:50:09 PM »
What does sumber mean Pawl? I bet its sum kind of gang speak.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."