AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Good Auburn News...Cam Newton Picked #1 Best Season In SEC
« on: June 11, 2012, 12:18:33 PM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/44588/fans-pick-newtons-2010-season-no-1

Fans pick Newton's 2010 season No. 1
June, 11, 2012

With nearly 10,000 votes cast, the fans have spoken: Auburn's Cam Newton engineered the greatest individual season in the SEC over the last 50 years.

Newton, who won the Heisman Trophy in 2010 and led the Tigers to a 14-0 record and national championship that season, received 36 percent of the vote in our SportsNation poll. Georgia's Herschel Walker was second with 27 percent of the vote. Walker had three great seasons in college, but the one we selected as his best was his freshman season in 1980 when he rushed for 1,616 yards and led the Bulldogs to a national title.

It's been a close race for third place. Currently, Alabama linebacker Derrick Thomas is ahead of Florida quarterback Tim Tebow. Thomas, who had 27 sacks in 1988, garnered 18 percent of the vote, while Tebow collected 17 percent of the vote. Tebow became the first FBS player in history to rush for 20 touchdowns and pass for 20 touchdowns in the same season in 2007.

I included an "other" category in this most recent poll, but it doesn't sound like fans believe there were any glaring omissions among the candidates listed.

I also picked Newton, and while Walker remains an almost mythical figure in this league, it's hard to top what Newton did for his team during that 2010 national championship season. Without Newton, I think the Tigers would have lost at least three games.

He was the essence of a difference-maker that season, and I don't think we'll ever see a quarterback lead the SEC in rushing again and also finish second nationally in passing efficiency that same season.

Which is only significant because haters (especially those crimson clad), didn't outweigh common sense and justice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Good Auburn News...Cam Newton Picked #1 Best Season In SEC
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 12:20:21 PM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/44588/fans-pick-newtons-2010-season-no-1

Which is only significant because haters (especially those crimson clad), didn't outweigh common sense and justice.

Obviously this doesn't include tennis though correct? Hell, Cam wasn't even the best of the year if tennis is included...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 12:50:05 PM »
Obviously this doesn't include tennis though correct? Hell, Cam wasn't even the best of the year if tennis is included...

Well kind of like the Ewok. 
He wasn't even the best player at his position much less in all of college football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 02:20:45 PM »

Weez all know thayut Mark Ennngrum  wuz da best dat evar wuz. He even overcayme his daddy beinnng in jayul to win thayt Hizze-MUN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 02:37:59 PM »
He even overcayme his daddy beinnng in jayul to win thayt Hizze-MUN.

Wait!  Did hiz daddy use to hang out in Aubren?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."