No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: A Confederacy of Dunces
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2012, 04:06:30 PM »

Not funny:   Simpsons

Your opinion on anything comedic is now dismissed out of hand.  The Simpsons has contained some of the most brilliant comedy of the past 20 years.  Nuanced, high-brow...The Simpsons ought to, by your stated preferences, be right up your alley.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2012, 04:10:32 PM »
Home Alone gets points for John Candy, Joe Pesci and the house-trap scene.   Not so much the kid or the family.  Pesci, the other burglar guy and all the traps.

Uhh Francis...John Candy wasn't in Home Alone.  Perhaps you are thinking of Uncle Buck (also a classic)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2012, 04:11:59 PM »
Erroneous! Erroneous! Erroneous on both counts!

I ruled in your favor, but still funny Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2012, 04:28:40 PM »
Uhh Francis...John Candy wasn't in Home Alone.  Perhaps you are thinking of Uncle Buck (also a classic)

excuse me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2012, 04:30:15 PM »

Uhh, Francis - two words for you.

Polka, Polka...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2012, 04:46:56 PM »
You have zero taste. 

Breakfast Club wasn't a straight comedy.  It was a movie that had a little of everything.  But the brief comedy bits were shitloads better than anything Adam Sandler or Zac Gumpingthebaccus has ever shit out in their lives.

Ferris Bueller the same way. 

Cheech and Chong... that's a generational thing.  Probably like Harold and Kumar now. 

Home Alone gets points for John Candy, Joe Pesci and the house-trap scene.   Not so much the kid or the family.  Pesci, the other burglar guy and all the traps.

Hmm.  Seems I appreciate John Hughes movies.  That's strange.
Look, don't get me wrong, I like all of those things too...Well...I liked the first Home Alone when I was like 8 when it came out. And Cheech & Chong...enough said. Just hilarious that you look down your nose at Modern Family, Zach Galifanakis, Seth McFarlane, and the Simpsons as boorish, and then consider that high art. Or "refined".

And to include The Breakfast Club on such a short list of things you find funny is only laughable because it wasn't even a straight comedy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2012, 10:17:20 AM »
Look, don't get me wrong, I like all of those things too...Well...I liked the first Home Alone when I was like 8 when it came out. And Cheech & Chong...enough said. Just hilarious that you look down your nose at Modern Family, Zach Galifanakis, Seth McFarlane, and the Simpsons as boorish, and then consider that high art. Or "refined".

And to include The Breakfast Club on such a short list of things you find funny is only laughable because it wasn't even a straight comedy.

I include the Breakfast Club because it doesn't fit any certain category.  Parts of it WERE comedy. 

I also include Fast Times at Ridgemont High -- one of my ten favorite movies.  And I just realized that two of my top ten include Nicholas Cage which is  :cage:.    You drag Kick Ass, The Rock and Valley Girl in and the sonofabitch is in five of my top 40.  Damn. 

Don't look down my nose, just don't find their schtick humorous in any way.  I quit watching the Simpsons about 20 years ago.  Amazes me that the damn thing is still on the air.  It had nothing to say then.

Shouldn't have really included Modern Family because I've never watched it and won't ever watch it.  There are limits to what I tolerate and that one crosses it. 

I don't find Big Bang Theory funny either.  I never liked the show with Urkel, whatever that was. 

Thought Airplane and Police Squad were funny.   Tucker and Dale vs. Evil was funny in parts. 

Comedy is a difficult thing and it's usually very personal.  Can't usually get a consensus on comedy.

Sort of like farts.  Some people are amused by them.  Others are not. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2012, 10:38:10 AM »
Mine is refined. 

Funny:  Richard Pryor. Cheech and Chong. Chris Rock comedy routine (not Chris Rock in movies), Dave Chappelle, Bill Murray, Chevy Chase (usually), Letterman (over Leno), Conan (sometimes), Tina Fey, The Office (years ago), Frasier, Seinfeld Show, Andy Griffith Show (when it wanted to be in B&W), Eddie Murphy (in the 80s for about two weeks), Planes, Trains and whatever, Home Alone, Breakfast Club, Raising Arizona, Ren and Stimpy, Bugs Bunny. 

Not funny:  Will Ferrel, Zac Fartfingwhanackus, most of the people some folks think are hilarious, Adam Sandler (at all), any of the people in Grownups, Modern Family, any of the Family Guy/American Dad bullshit, Simpsons,  Tom and Jerry.

^^^This^^^

Except the part about Tom and Jerry.  Not the best of the classic cartoons, but a classic none the less.   No politics, no agenda, just straight up cartoon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2012, 10:43:22 AM »
I include the Breakfast Club because it doesn't fit any certain category.  Parts of it WERE comedy. 

I also include Fast Times at Ridgemont High -- one of my ten favorite movies.  And I just realized that two of my top ten include Nicholas Cage which is  :cage:.    You drag Kick Ass, The Rock and Valley Girl in and the sonofabitch is in five of my top 40.  Damn. 

Don't look down my nose, just don't find their schtick humorous in any way.  I quit watching the Simpsons about 20 years ago.  Amazes me that the damn thing is still on the air.  It had nothing to say then.

Shouldn't have really included Modern Family because I've never watched it and won't ever watch it.  There are limits to what I tolerate and that one crosses it. 

I don't find Big Bang Theory funny either.  I never liked the show with Urkel, whatever that was. 

Thought Airplane and Police Squad were funny.   Tucker and Dale vs. Evil was funny in parts. 

Comedy is a difficult thing and it's usually very personal.  Can't usually get a consensus on comedy.

Sort of like farts.  Some people are amused by them.  Others are not.

And again...^^^THIS^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2012, 05:07:49 PM »
I'm not the Nicolas Cage hater most on here seem to be.  Not saying even close to everything he's done is top shelf...it isn't.  But, I like a bunch of his movies, starting with Valley Girl.  I thought Con Air would have been twice the flick it was if they hadn't had Cage do that pathetic attempt at a southern gentleman accent. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2012, 05:33:24 PM »
I'm not the Nicolas Cage hater most on here seem to be.  Not saying even close to everything he's done is top shelf...it isn't.  But, I like a bunch of his movies, starting with Valley Girl.  I thought Con Air would have been twice the flick it was if they hadn't had Cage do that pathetic attempt at a southern gentleman accent.

Put the bunny in the box. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole