Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Scandalous year for college football

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Scandalous year for college football
« on: May 28, 2012, 07:18:59 PM »
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7968343/tressel-departure-ohio-state-started-memorable-year-scandals-college-football

The year of scandal began with Tressel's issues. 

So.... that means there WAS no scandal at Auburn.  Thanks.  Good to get more confirmation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Re: Scandalous year for college football
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 08:59:04 AM »
Two things:

1.  That article - as usual with ESPN - seemed forced.  Some of that was uncommon, but if you go back most years, you'll find many scandalous stories plaguing college football.  It's a sport with too many silly rules, which makes it just right for media drama. 

2.  Fuck ESPN.  All of that bullshit about scandals and not one peep about how Alabama despite losing a regular season game to LSU got to play LSU again in the national championship.  Not one peep about Alabama not winning its own division but still being picked over numerous BCS conference champions.  Not one peep about how Oklahoma State absolutely ass raped Oklahoma and was shrugged off like they were a Conference USA school.  But I guess they can't mention that scandalous news story due to the fact that they were a great big part of causing that to happen. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Scandalous year for college football
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 09:43:36 AM »
Two things:

1.  That article - as usual with ESPN - seemed forced.  Some of that was uncommon, but if you go back most years, you'll find many scandalous stories plaguing college football.  It's a sport with too many silly rules, which makes it just right for media drama. 

2.  Fuck ESPN.  All of that bullshit about scandals and not one peep about how Alabama despite losing a regular season game to LSU got to play LSU again in the national championship.  Not one peep about Alabama not winning its own division but still being picked over numerous BCS conference champions.  Not one peep about how Oklahoma State absolutely ass raped Oklahoma and was shrugged off like they were a Conference USA school.  But I guess they can't mention that scandalous news story due to the fact that they were a great big part of causing that to happen.
I'd love to join in on your rage on that subject, but while many found that to be outrageous, it's hard to categorize that as a "scandal" in the same way the other stories that piece was about. If anything, I'd focus that rage on the fact that T-Town Mensweargate got no mention. But of course, even when that was happening it was brushed deep under the rug as if it was no big deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions