Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Big Green Egg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Big Green Egg
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2012, 04:55:20 PM »
Egg Update.  I did a beef tenderloin with a recipe I posted a while back.  Had a bunch of people over and served up the following.  Soaked a 5 lb. beef tenderloin all day in:

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup bourbon
2/3 cup soy
1/2 cup lemon juice

Put it on the Egg with indirect heat for about an hour and a half.  Took the marinade and reduced it down on the stove and used that as a dipping sauce along with horseradish.  One of the sides was baby bell peppers and portabellas soaked all day in:

EVOO
Balsamic Vinegar
Teriyaki
Garlic
Basil

Put those on the Egg as well in a grilling pan, simmering in the marinade.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Big Green Egg
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2012, 07:35:15 PM »
Egg Update.  I did a beef tenderloin with a recipe I posted a while back.  Had a bunch of people over and served up the following.  Soaked a 5 lb. beef tenderloin all day in:

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup bourbon
2/3 cup soy
1/2 cup lemon juice

Put it on the Egg with indirect heat for about an hour and a half.  Took the marinade and reduced it down on the stove and used that as a dipping sauce along with horseradish.  One of the sides was baby bell peppers and portabellas soaked all day in:

EVOO
Balsamic Vinegar
Teriyaki
Garlic
Basil

Put those on the Egg as well in a grilling pan, simmering in the marinade.   

SYM (Slap yo mama) Damn that sounds good. I heard the egg will keep a fire going almost 12 hours after the initial charcoal starter dump. I'm more a Weber grill and a New Braunsfel Black Diamond smoker man. The set it and forget it smoker for me would be a Traeger. I find even the giant big eggs to be too small for me.  http://www.traegergrills.com/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions