Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #1760 on: February 21, 2017, 01:27:29 PM »
Tips for sore knees.  Talked Snagette into doing her first 5K in about 3 weeks down at Seaside.  I have never, ever and never, ever will profess to being a "runner".  But I've done my share of 5K's over the years, pretty much all of them just to participate in fund raisers for a good cause. Rarely have I ever been in decent running shape when doing them and I'll only actually run about 3/4 or 73.6645% of it with several quick walk/rests thrown in.  I'm currently getting ready for a sprint triathlon in late April so I've picked up the running and had my first semi-serious road bike session Sunday.  I've been hitting the mountain bike trails with regularity the past couple of months. 

The Mrs. has never run a race and has never done any run training whatsoever other than some jogging on the treadmill.  We've been doing some road work the last few weeks and already her knees are giving her problems.  I've been taking Glucosamine Chondroitin the last 2-3 weeks as it seems to help me with keeping joint pain to a minimum.  I've been lucky in that respect but her knees started hurting from the start.  I can't get her to take the Glucosamine.  Any suggestions?  Would a sleeve knee brace help.  Anyone tried any of the Tommy Copper products?   
Those copper sleeves are crap.  Buy her some joint juice if she doesn't want to take the Glucosamine.  I take the Glucosamine with MSM every day and it seems to help.  My pops drinks that joint juice every day and swears by it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #1761 on: February 21, 2017, 01:57:27 PM »

Sucking penis is bad for the knees. Period. Mrs. Dallas was in to singles, glory holes, to full circle jerks. Knee surgery put and end to that. Ortho Doc told her to go to strictly anal.

that sucks.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1762 on: February 21, 2017, 02:21:54 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1763 on: February 21, 2017, 02:24:58 PM »
Those copper sleeves are crap.  Buy her some joint juice if she doesn't want to take the Glucosamine.  I take the Glucosamine with MSM every day and it seems to help.  My pops drinks that joint juice every day and swears by it.

But...but....Brett Fahvray says he was paralyzed until he tried Copperfit.  She won't drink the Glucosamine because she says it tastes like kid's cough syrup.  I'll pick up some JJ today and see how she likes it.  I believe I've seen that at the Pube-Licks, no? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1764 on: February 21, 2017, 03:16:50 PM »

that sucks.

Something your wife knows about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #1765 on: February 21, 2017, 04:53:32 PM »
Something your wife knows about.

His wife is in a coma.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1766 on: February 22, 2017, 12:22:08 PM »
His wife is in a coma.

Don't blame her.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Token

« Reply #1767 on: March 25, 2017, 04:17:22 PM »
If you guys missed out on the Bonefrog OCR in Talladega today you missed a damn good race.  I competed in the bonefrog challenge which was 8.5 miles and 35 obstacles.  I've did a number of OCR now and this was by far the best race I've competed in. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1768 on: March 25, 2017, 04:48:24 PM »
If you guys missed out on the Bonefrog OCR in Talladega today you missed a damn good race.  I competed in the bonefrog challenge which was 8.5 miles and 35 obstacles.  I've did a number of OCR now and this was by far the best race I've competed in.

I've done a number of OCR...  Not "I've did". Their different. 

That sounds like a Warrior Dash on steroids, creatine and HGH.  I was looking at a Warrior Dash the other day for April 15th outside Atlanta.  Those are only 5K with about 12 obstacles.  The goal is to finish so you get a free, fuzzy Viking hat and beer.  And wings.  Did I mention a cool hat with horns?  And beer?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #1769 on: March 25, 2017, 04:54:00 PM »

What you did there, I seen it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #1770 on: March 26, 2017, 08:07:09 AM »

That sounds like a Warrior Dash on steroids, creatine and HGH.  I was looking at a Warrior Dash the other day for April 15th outside Atlanta.  Those are only 5K with about 12 obstacles.  The goal is to finish so you get a free, fuzzy Viking hat and beer.  And wings.  Did I mention a cool hat with horns?  And beer?

And some race promoter makes a shit ton of cash off the thing
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1771 on: March 26, 2017, 08:38:02 AM »
And some race promoter makes a shit ton of cash off the thing

Probably so.  The American way.  Come up with an idea, put it in motion, market it the right way and hopefully make a shit ton of cash.  Red Frog Event Promotions runs that and other races.  Have raised over $13.5 million to build a children's hospital for St. Jude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #1772 on: March 26, 2017, 10:04:52 AM »
Probably so.  The American way.  Come up with an idea, put it in motion, market it the right way and hopefully make a shit ton of cash.  Red Frog Event Promotions runs that and other races.  Have raised over $13.5 million to build a children's hospital for St. Jude.

I think you way over read that. No one said anything was wrong with that. I'm saying the main driver here is that they are easy money makers because those "races" have a gimmick to them. They draw people in. Just like the color runs where they throw corn starch at you. Females eat that shit up. And at 80 bucks a pop to run three miles in colored corn starch? Cha ching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #1773 on: March 26, 2017, 10:25:02 AM »
I think you way over read that. No one said anything was wrong with that. I'm saying the main driver here is that they are easy money makers because those "races" have a gimmick to them. They draw people in. Just like the color runs where they throw corn starch at you. Females eat that shit up. And at 80 bucks a pop to run three miles in colored corn starch? Cha ching.

In nearly all the events I sign up for it's probably always 4:1 female to male.  Then I go to the gym and it's 10:1 male to female and half the men are all over the poor female.

Any guy who cares about physical fitness looking for a date is really fucking up if he isn't running.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1774 on: March 26, 2017, 11:57:36 AM »

No, YOU over read that.  I'll punch you in the forehead.

And hard enough to leave a mark too.

No doubt on what Token was saying.  These races are easily 4:1 female.  The Seaside run a few weeks ago was definitely that way.  However, the gym I go to is not dominated with the testosterone.  Probably 67.342% women and the other 39.004% are dudes.  The guy and his wife that started it pretty much did so through their personal training clients, way more of which have titties.  Although, I've got a really nice rack of man boobs, if I do say so myself.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #1775 on: June 17, 2017, 06:26:46 PM »
I'm still alive but very sore. They put an obstacle in called the weaver. It was tough. It could have been easier with round pole instead of rectangle, but they chose pain.

If any of you care about obstacle courses at all, I'd invite you to the Noccalula Falls campground next year to get a helping of the barbarian challenge. Right at 1200 people took part of the event this year.  If you're really into running obstacle courses, I'd suggest googling the Alabama OCR series and taking part of all of the events next spring. The 4 events are in Gadsden, Gardendale, Sprinville and Cullman. All close to the Birmingham area. They are all great events.

And the training it takes to get ready for the events will absolutely carve 20 pounds off your ass if you really train for them and take it serious.

I was such a pussy this time last year.  Harder course, better time, finished 76th out of nearly 1400. Next year I will finish top 40. Or I will die trying.

That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #1776 on: June 17, 2017, 09:42:49 PM »
I was such a pussy this time last year.  Harder course, better time, finished 76th out of nearly 1400. Next year I will finish top 40. Or I will die trying.

That is all.

F that. You go for top 5 every race or you go home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1777 on: June 17, 2017, 10:44:32 PM »
F that. You go for top 5 every race or you go home.

THAT'S the way I like to hear you talk.  Shit happens, dude.  On or off the course.  Hate it for anyone but you're a warrior.  Do NOT stop!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #1778 on: February 15, 2018, 12:31:20 AM »

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on the crap part. 

My knee is a hamburgered up mess since before Christmas.  Always had minor trouble due to being behind the plate in the baseball and softball days.  Played golf and absolutely KILLED the ball in November.  Drives were 40+ yards longer than normal.  I could barely walk the next day.   Lots of advil, lots of ice, two weeks of rest and the opinion of a PT later, I went back to the course.  Killed the ball again.  My normal drive is 210 yards.  I hit three that were over 300 and my average was around 240. That was a month ago.  Could not even bend my knee two days later (sorry Danerys, I won't bend the kneee).  Most days I'm still limping to one degree or another now.  I'm limping to the point that my entire leg ends up hurting.

I don't use the knee sleeve Favre's punk ass promotes, but I do use the Tommie Copper one.  It's one of the few things that gives me relief.  I used to numb it up with bio-freeze (which works) but I'd end up hurting worse when the freeze wore off.

I tried glucosamine but didn't notice any difference. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #1779 on: February 15, 2018, 10:04:15 AM »
THAT'S the way I like to hear you talk.  Shit happens, dude.  On or off the course.  Hate it for anyone but you're a warrior.  Do NOT stop!

Just saw this.

Probably confused a few folks.

Long story short, I did a race last year where a guy died in it. I saw it. It gets in your head. Ok. Nuff of that.

K - try a few different formulas of joint stuff. Some are better than others. The glucosamine ones do jack squat  for me. I started using one that had both tumeric and msm in it. Shit ton better. Icing nightly helps too. Have you tried the massage therapy and or cryotherapy?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE