Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #1100 on: April 30, 2013, 03:55:41 PM »
Back in my late 20's, early 30's it was all about benching and squatting.  I know it sounds like an excuse, but being tall and long like I am, I was never very good at either.  I would usually bench up to 225 for 6-8 reps while I rarely went over 315 with my squat. 

I did three cycles of the juicey juice back then but the amount I was doing was miniscule compared to what a lot of guys in the gym were doing.  They considered themselves to be "clean" if they were only doing a cc of testosterone a week.  The first time I did it, I had been on for about 4 weeks when I was doing triceps one day.  I normally started my tricep workout on the bench with close-grip presses.  I'd start and 135 and work up to about 185 before moving on.  This one day, I put on 185 and repped it out like it was just the bar.  I got up kind of wondering what just happened.  I put 2 plates on and did 10 reps just as easily as I had with 185. 

That was the first time I realized that shit really works.  I didn't do anymore because I was always scared of potential side effects, plus I never really looked forward to sticking myself in the ass with a long needle.  But while on it, I was the man....in my own mind.   

OK maybe just one:

Shrinking balls to married to balls in a jar.   That is not a "potential" side effect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1101 on: April 30, 2013, 04:40:34 PM »
I knew as I typed to expect some retread weak sauce.  You guys are losing your game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1102 on: April 30, 2013, 04:43:18 PM »
I knew as I typed to expect some retread weak sauce.  You guys are losing your game.

I have never had game anyway...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1103 on: April 30, 2013, 04:45:02 PM »
I have never had game anyway...

Your avatar does.  Damn it, are those titties ever going to break free of their bonds?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #1104 on: May 02, 2013, 09:43:48 PM »
If Snaggle had stuck with the 'roids, Snagglemomma would be keeping them in her pocketbook now
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1105 on: May 24, 2013, 11:06:11 AM »
One last check-in before I break out the ol' Speedos for the beach...

Finally decided on Monday morning that I might need to do something to get rid of the 15 pounds of belly fat I gained over the winter months (April is still considered winter, right?).

Broke down and did the Atkins thing this week, while working out a little heavier during the day and killing myself on the treadmill at night.  I was actually able to get just a hair over 6 pounds off, so I'm only about 10 pounds up from where I was most of last summer.  I am at least to the point that the thong won't completely disappear in my ass crack now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1106 on: May 24, 2013, 11:21:54 AM »
One last check-in before I break out the ol' Speedos for the beach...

Finally decided on Monday morning that I might need to do something to get rid of the 15 pounds of belly fat I gained over the winter months (April is still considered winter, right?).

Broke down and did the Atkins thing this week, while working out a little heavier during the day and killing myself on the treadmill at night.  I was actually able to get just a hair over 6 pounds off, so I'm only about 10 pounds up from where I was most of last summer.  I am at least to the point that the thong won't completely disappear in my ass crack now.

I hate my life.  Going on vacation in 4 weeks.  4-5 weeks ago, my goal was to lose 20-25 pounds by the time I broke out my thong.  (BTW, I just ordered that adorable neon lime green thong we were talking about last week)  Anyway, the only set back for me has been this week.  Been dealing with the flu and if I had done two reps of anything I'd have coughed up both lungs.  However, my eating has been as good as it's ever been.  So far, I'm 28 pounds from my goal.  Gained 3 pounds in 4 weeks.

I hate my life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1107 on: May 24, 2013, 01:10:06 PM »
I hate my life.  Going on vacation in 4 weeks.  4-5 weeks ago, my goal was to lose 20-25 pounds by the time I broke out my thong.  (BTW, I just ordered that adorable neon lime green thong we were talking about last week)  Anyway, the only set back for me has been this week.  Been dealing with the flu and if I had done two reps of anything I'd have coughed up both lungs.  However, my eating has been as good as it's ever been.  So far, I'm 28 pounds from my goal.  Gained 3 pounds in 4 weeks.

I hate my life.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1108 on: May 24, 2013, 02:08:24 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #1109 on: May 31, 2013, 09:59:45 AM »
Well, I started just a little over one month prior to this thread on my "new eating/drinking lifestyle".  April 1, 2012 to be exact.  I didn't follow much of anything during football season.  I hit it hard, including the gym, right after Christmas.  I'm down 101lbs as of Tuesday morning, 67 of that since Christmas.  Also had a check up.  BP was 117/72, heart rate mid 70s, Blood Sugar 90 (including A1C which said no diabetes), Total Cholesterol was 120 (good and bad levels were right where they're supposed to be), Triglycerides were in the good range too.   

My net average calorie intake is @1350 per day.  (averaged over the week)  My actual daily intake is 1850 or less.  On days I work out, sometimes my net is as low as 800.  On the 4-5 days I work out, according to my trainer, I burn @1200 calories.  I initially questioned her estimate on how much I was burning, but my average loss is 3.3lbs a week, so she's pretty damn close. 

Amazing thing is...I eat pretty much WHAT I want, I just control portion size, and ALWAYS cut my eating off at 1800 calories.  Many days that I don't work out, I eat as little as 1500.   I've been controlling portion size for so long now, that a "regular" portion, or what used to be, of a meal literally makes me sick, especially if it's rich food.  The "tricks" are really minimal.  When I go out, for steak let's say, I order a Small Filet instead of my fave Ribeye.  Sour cream only on the potato, and if it's a big one, I only eat half.  I stop at Whataburger every couple of weeks for a burger and fries.  I get the "junior burger" combo with everything but cheese and mayo.  Satisfies my burger and fries craving, and for only @600 calories.

THS, this thread helped me get and stay motivated, plus gave me ideas to help.  Thanks!  MyFitnessPal and my trainer that I meet with once every 2 weeks keep me accountable.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #1110 on: May 31, 2013, 11:06:20 AM »
Well, I started just a little over one month prior to this thread on my "new eating/drinking lifestyle".  April 1, 2012 to be exact.  I didn't follow much of anything during football season.  I hit it hard, including the gym, right after Christmas.  I'm down 101lbs as of Tuesday morning, 67 of that since Christmas.  Also had a check up.  BP was 117/72, heart rate mid 70s, Blood Sugar 90 (including A1C which said no diabetes), Total Cholesterol was 120 (good and bad levels were right where they're supposed to be), Triglycerides were in the good range too.   

My net average calorie intake is @1350 per day.  (averaged over the week)  My actual daily intake is 1850 or less.  On days I work out, sometimes my net is as low as 800.  On the 4-5 days I work out, according to my trainer, I burn @1200 calories.  I initially questioned her estimate on how much I was burning, but my average loss is 3.3lbs a week, so she's pretty damn close. 

Amazing thing is...I eat pretty much WHAT I want, I just control portion size, and ALWAYS cut my eating off at 1800 calories.  Many days that I don't work out, I eat as little as 1500.   I've been controlling portion size for so long now, that a "regular" portion, or what used to be, of a meal literally makes me sick, especially if it's rich food.  The "tricks" are really minimal.  When I go out, for steak let's say, I order a Small Filet instead of my fave Ribeye.  Sour cream only on the potato, and if it's a big one, I only eat half.  I stop at Whataburger every couple of weeks for a burger and fries.  I get the "junior burger" combo with everything but cheese and mayo.  Satisfies my burger and fries craving, and for only @600 calories.

THS, this thread helped me get and stay motivated, plus gave me ideas to help.  Thanks!  MyFitnessPal and my trainer that I meet with once every 2 weeks keep me accountable.

Congrats on the lifestyle change, I hope you continue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1111 on: May 31, 2013, 11:20:28 AM »

Holy shit!  That's awesome! 

I unfortunately have not allowed this thread to change my life.  It did at first and was keeping me going, but since January, I have gained 26 pounds and have not worked out in over a week and a half.  I have not gone for a run in two months and I'm eating between 2500 and 3500 calories per day, a majority of which is dessert. 

But I'm going to use your post as inspiration and get back on it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1112 on: May 31, 2013, 11:35:28 AM »

Dude!  That is pretty awesome! 

I too haven't allowed this thread to help me.  I did for a while and stopped.  Those burgers and wonderful beers that Bell's and Straight To Ale brew are my biggest downfalls.  We haven't had any semblance of a diet since the baby came back in Dec.  Maybe this summer will help.  I know my fat ass needs to put the burgers and beer down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

JR4AU

« Reply #1113 on: May 31, 2013, 06:15:46 PM »
Dude!  That is pretty awesome! 

I too haven't allowed this thread to help me.  I did for a while and stopped.  Those burgers and wonderful beers that Bell's and Straight To Ale brew are my biggest downfalls.  We haven't had any semblance of a diet since the baby came back in Dec.  Maybe this summer will help.  I know my fat ass needs to put the burgers and beer down.

It helped in a big way that I quit alkyhall completely. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1114 on: May 31, 2013, 08:39:51 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1115 on: May 31, 2013, 11:35:16 PM »

I was really proud of you until I read this...

Seriously, that is awesome!  I hope I can get back on the horse myself once I get through with all the eating that goes with a beach vacation. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1116 on: June 03, 2013, 09:20:42 AM »
Just saw this.  Awesome job JR.   :thumsup:

This thread caused me to gain 56 pounds, lose my job and start a drug habit that will kill me in less than 2 months.  Damn you, THS!!!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1117 on: June 03, 2013, 09:30:13 AM »
Stepped on the scale this morning and was somewhat surprised that I only gained 3 pounds after enjoying my fill of Mahi Mahi, fried skrimps, shrimp and grits, fried crab claws, fried fish, froyo, donuts, etc., etc., etc...

Time to kick this thing up into high gear before the next vacation.  I was able to purloin a copy of the P90X workout betamaxes and since the Insanity thing was just too insane for me, I think I shall try it.  Ab ripper...you're up first.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1118 on: June 03, 2013, 09:41:40 AM »
Stepped on the scale this morning and was somewhat surprised that I only gained 3 pounds after enjoying my fill of Mahi Mahi, fried skrimps, shrimp and grits, fried crab claws, fried fish, froyo, donuts, etc., etc., etc...

Time to kick this thing up into high gear before the next vacation.  I was able to purloin a copy of the P90X workout betamaxes and since the Insanity thing was just too insane for me, I think I shall try it.  Ab ripper...you're up first.

I finally have things rolling...besides my stomach.  My week in paradise is 3 weeks away.  I had big plans several weeks ago and wanted to lose 25 before I left. The flu and a couple other setbacks and as of 2 weeks ago, I had gained 3 pounds.  Now, I finally hit my stride and have dropped about 9 pounds. Started getting really strict on the diet but allowing a couple of cheat meals on the weekends.  The big thing is I'm making it to the gym again at 5:30 a.m. 3-4 days a week.  That makes a huge difference for me and on those days, I do a couple of miles walk in the afternoon with Snagette after work.

I did fairly well on limiting the alkyhawl earlier this year.  Lately, not so much.  In fact, I've sucked in that department in recent weeks.  My goal right now is not to drink at all for the 3 weeks leading up to vacation.  Now, when I hit the beesh, it's back on.  But for the next 3 weeks....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1119 on: July 16, 2013, 02:49:41 PM »
I need some updates, peoples.  I just finished week 2 of the P90X Lean program, and I have lost a half a pound.  Works great, huh? 

I won't lie...I love everything that they do in this program, but what has really kicked my ass?  The Yoga!
I look like a rhesus monkey trying to hump a football when I attempt to go from upward dog to downward dog to runner's stance to warrior poses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions