Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #1040 on: January 28, 2013, 11:57:16 AM »
The joys of having kids that go to school and catch the other kids crap. In my case the joy of having a wife teach 1st graders who know nothing about hygiene and she brings the crap home.  Every year since she first started teaching I get at least one roto/stomach virus and it will shed the lbs.

I don't know what I'm doing right, but I haven't been to the doctor for an illness since 2009. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1041 on: January 28, 2013, 12:08:14 PM »
I don't know what I'm doing right, but I haven't been to the doctor for an illness since 2009.

My wife doesn't get sick either.  She just brings the little shits germs in and I am the one that gets sick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #1042 on: January 28, 2013, 12:10:37 PM »
Complete opposite, my friend. 

Stay away from sugar.  All of it. 

Eat fat.  Lots of it.

Uhh, I can't gain weight no matter what I eat.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Coffee Cake

For the Caramel:
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup heavy cream
pinch of salt
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted

For the Streusel:
½ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
4 TBSP unsalted butter, sliced
1 ½ TBSP ground cinnamon
¼ tsp table salt

For the Cake:
¼ cup buttermilk
2 TBSP sour cream
½ cup pumpkin puree
2 eggs
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp table salt
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup sugar

Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 9-inch pan with nonstick spray.

Stir together the brown sugar, cream and salt for the caramel. Pour into a prepared pan and spread to coat the bottom. Sprinkle pecans over the caramel.

In a food processor, process brown sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon and the salt for the streusel. Pulse until small clumps form; set aside.

Whisk buttermilk, sour cream, pumpkin puree and eggs together and place into a large measuring cup with a pour spout.

Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a small bowl.

Cream the butter and sugar with a mixer just until combined.

Alternately add dry ans wet ingredients, starting and ending with the dry. Blend each additions just until incorporated.

Spread half the batter over the caramel, then sprinkle with half the streusel. Carefully spread remaining batter over that and top with remaining streusel. Bake 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Cool cake for 5 minutes, then run a pairing knife around the sides to loosen. Invert onto a serving platter while hot, then let cool slightly before slicing. Due to the sticky top, and electric knife is best for cutting, but a sharp, thin bladed knife is fine too.

Real good stuff. I think the caramel makes it almost to sweet for my liking but Jessie loves it. I am not crazy about real sweet stuff it makes my head spin, but it was still good. I have half a can of pumpkin left, I might make it again without the caramel sauce. Already getting a sugar rush and not even done yet!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #1043 on: January 28, 2013, 12:12:28 PM »
Doesn't always help.

I haven't had a flu shot since my ETS date in 1985, and have only had the flu twice since then. Just goes to show that a healthy immune system actually works without the added mercury.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1044 on: January 28, 2013, 12:18:52 PM »
I haven't had a flu shot since my ETS date in 1985, and have only had the flu twice since then. Just goes to show that a healthy immune system actually works without the added mercury.

I take the flu shot every year and I haven't had it since I was a teenager, back when I didn't take it and was extremely healthy.  I take vitamins every day and I still get a stomach bug when it goes around in the schools. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #1045 on: January 28, 2013, 12:37:14 PM »
I take the flu shot every year and I haven't had it since I was a teenager, back when I didn't take it and was extremely healthy.  I take vitamins every day and I still get a stomach bug when it goes around in the schools.

Stomach viruses suck. Just enough to ruin the weekend, but no enough to ruin the work week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1046 on: January 28, 2013, 01:52:50 PM »
Halibut stuffed with crap grilled on cedar plank and scallops with Parmesan cheese bread. I don't much weight was lost but damn good chow.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #1047 on: January 28, 2013, 05:48:28 PM »
Snapper, Trigger fish, Mahi Mahi, OMG I love fish. King Mackerel fried cubes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #1048 on: January 28, 2013, 07:55:59 PM »
I would not worry about empty sugar calories. It's the fat that gets you.
Eat fat.  Lots of it.
bf loves eating the fatties

In my case the joy of having a wife teach 1st graders who know nothing about hygiene and she brings the crap home.
better that she teaches first graders and brings home crap than teaching high schoolers and bringing home the clap

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1049 on: January 29, 2013, 03:25:46 PM »
Snapper, Trigger fish, Mahi Mahi, OMG I love fish. King Mackerel fried cubes.

You won't get vaccines because of "mercury" (which if you have any dental fillings you already have a lifetime supply of) but you will eat King Mackerel?  You know that's one of the highest mercury level fish around?  Snapper is one of the lowest.

http://water.epa.gov/scitech/swguidance/fishshellfish/outreach/advice_index.cfm

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #1050 on: January 29, 2013, 07:40:43 PM »
You won't get vaccines because of "mercury" (which if you have any dental fillings you already have a lifetime supply of) but you will eat King Mackerel?  You know that's one of the highest mercury level fish around?  Snapper is one of the lowest.

http://water.epa.gov/scitech/swguidance/fishshellfish/outreach/advice_index.cfm

I don't eat enough fish for it to matter. I haven't had King Mackerel in five years. The fatties I eat are pork sausage wrapped with bacon and stuffed with cream cheese, high temp cheddar and chiles.

http://smartbalance.com/recipe-lightbox/?nid=1290781

Here's an example of what my fatties look like.

Here's the thread if wanna try some.

http://deejaysworld.net/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1208174211

here's one I'm going to try real soon. Fattie with Eggs Benedict on top.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2011/06/fried-potato-and-smoked-ham-fattie-on.html

Then the drill press weighs in:

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2010/02/drill-press-tortillas-i-need-life-lol.html
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:49:59 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1051 on: February 02, 2013, 04:51:40 PM »
Alright, progress time -

Reestablished my health routine on January 2nd by joining the YMCA.  It's been a month.

Started:

162 pounds
Bench Press - 115 x 5
Leg press - 185 x 5
Deadlifts - 165 x 5
Overhead Press - 75 x 5
Cardio - ten minutes max. 

Now:

167 pounds (I'm sorta kinda bulking)
Bench Press - 155 x 5
Leg press - 225 x 5
Dead lifts - 195 x 5
Overhead Press - 95 x 5
Cardio - Yesterday, I ran 27 minutes. 

This month's goal:

170 pounds
Bench Press - 185 x 5
Leg press - 275 x 5 (I'm working on doing squats.  I just can't get parallel without my toes coming up.)
Dead lifts - 225 x 5
Overhead press - 115 x 5
Cardio - 30 minutes multiple times a week

Then in March, I'll begin cutting back on calories and focusing more on running and higher reps of weight lifting.  I'm thinking about signing up for a half-marathon in May, but that may have to wait. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #1052 on: February 02, 2013, 05:17:59 PM »
Alright, progress time -

Reestablished my health routine on January 2nd by joining the YMCA.  It's been a month.

Started:

162 pounds
Bench Press - 115 x 5
Leg press - 185 x 5
Deadlifts - 165 x 5
Overhead Press - 75 x 5
Cardio - ten minutes max. 

Now:

167 pounds (I'm sorta kinda bulking)
Bench Press - 155 x 5
Leg press - 225 x 5
Dead lifts - 195 x 5
Overhead Press - 95 x 5
Cardio - Yesterday, I ran 27 minutes. 

This month's goal:

170 pounds
Bench Press - 185 x 5
Leg press - 275 x 5 (I'm working on doing squats.  I just can't get parallel without my toes coming up.)
Dead lifts - 225 x 5
Overhead press - 115 x 5
Cardio - 30 minutes multiple times a week

Then in March, I'll begin cutting back on calories and focusing more on running and higher reps of weight lifting.  I'm thinking about signing up for a half-marathon in May, but that may have to wait.

So, you're trying to build muscle mass instead of just losing weight? Hell, the only muscles I have that get any activity are the curls from the plate to my face. Oh and my fingertips on the keyboard of course. Oh yea, I almost forgot, MY DTHICK!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:19:59 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1053 on: February 02, 2013, 06:03:00 PM »
So, you're trying to build muscle mass instead of just losing weight? Hell, the only muscles I have that get any activity are the curls from the plate to my face. Oh and my fingertips on the keyboard of course. Oh yea, I almost forgot, MY DTHICK!

Um, uh, yeah. 

You know, overall physical fitness. 

I've noticed that I feel better overall since I've started lifting again.  And running has been easier.  It was tough getting through 30 minutes of running last summer.  I know it's cooler out now and I have experience doing it, but I feel like I have more power while I'm running because I've been strengthening my legs. 

Also, when I do finally lose all of the weight I want to lose, I don't want to look like a sickly skinny-fat guy.  I want to have some definition.  You can't build muscle and cut the last bit of fat off at the same time.  Build muscle first.  Trim fat last. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #1054 on: February 02, 2013, 06:39:27 PM »
Um, uh, yeah. 

You know, overall physical fitness. 

I've noticed that I feel better overall since I've started lifting again.  And running has been easier.  It was tough getting through 30 minutes of running last summer.  I know it's cooler out now and I have experience doing it, but I feel like I have more power while I'm running because I've been strengthening my legs. 

Also, when I do finally lose all of the weight I want to lose, I don't want to look like a sickly skinny-fat guy.  I want to have some definition.  You can't build muscle and cut the last bit of fat off at the same time.  Build muscle first.  Trim fat last.

Out of basic training I was 5'9" at 175lbs of pure fucking muscle. They said I had like 4% body fat. That was 1982 and is no longer the case.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #1055 on: February 10, 2013, 04:28:23 PM »
Try this sometime.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1056 on: February 12, 2013, 11:04:32 AM »
I need some help, folks!  I need some new exercises to blend into my routine just to "trick" my muscles.
I had added Jumbo's 21s he described into arm day, but I need mowr!

Right now, my routine consists of:

Monday - Shoulder press, flys, shrugs and upright rows along with ab crunches (machine and floor)
              Followed up with 30-45 minutes of elliptical or treadmill (about a mile or 2) and circuit training
Tuesday - Bench press, incline press, decline press, pec deck, cable crossover along with machine abs
Wednesday - Squats, leg press, leg curls, leg extensions, calf raises along with machine ab crunches
               Followed up with 30-45 minutes of same as Monday night
Thursday - Bent over rows, lat pulldowns, upper back iso machine along with machine and floor crunches
Friday - Bicep curls (machine and bar), tricep extensions (machine and rope), reverse pullups along with        machine crunches
            Followed up with a mile on the elliptical and more arm circuit training 
Saturday - combination of shoulder and chest work on hammer machines and run/walk a mile or two

Anybody have anything "out of this world" that I need to add in?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #1057 on: February 12, 2013, 11:15:30 AM »
I need some help, folks!  I need some new exercises to blend into my routine just to "trick" my muscles.
I had added Jumbo's 21s he described into arm day, but I need mowr!

Right now, my routine consists of:

Monday - Shoulder press, flys, shrugs and upright rows along with ab crunches (machine and floor)
              Followed up with 30-45 minutes of elliptical or treadmill (about a mile or 2) and circuit training
Tuesday - Bench press, incline press, decline press, pec deck, cable crossover along with machine abs
Wednesday - Squats, leg press, leg curls, leg extensions, calf raises along with machine ab crunches
               Followed up with 30-45 minutes of same as Monday night
Thursday - Bent over rows, lat pulldowns, upper back iso machine along with machine and floor crunches
Friday - Bicep curls (machine and bar), tricep extensions (machine and rope), reverse pullups along with        machine crunches
            Followed up with a mile on the elliptical and more arm circuit training 
Saturday - combination of shoulder and chest work on hammer machines and run/walk a mile or two

Anybody have anything "out of this world" that I need to add in?

I'm not expert, but I have been doing a lot of reading on weight lifting and have seen some serious personal gains in myself.

What's your bench press max, squat max, and how many pull ups can you do?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1058 on: February 12, 2013, 11:18:49 AM »
I'm not expert, but I have been doing a lot of reading on weight lifting and have seen some serious personal gains in myself.

What's your bench press max, squat max, and how many pull ups can you do?

I haven't maxed out in a few months, but my last max was 245 on the bench and 365 on the squats.
I have rotator cuff problems (as well as old age and dunlop disease), so I can only do a few pullups without really hurting.  My bench has really hurt from that too...I maxed at 365 back in my college days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #1059 on: February 12, 2013, 11:48:18 AM »
I haven't maxed out in a few months, but my last max was 245 on the bench and 365 on the squats.
I have rotator cuff problems (as well as old age and dunlop disease), so I can only do a few pullups without really hurting.  My bench has really hurt from that too...I maxed at 365 back in my college days.

So it sounds like you're already working out at beast mode level.  Why do you feel the need to "trick" your muscles?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions