Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #980 on: January 15, 2013, 03:51:41 PM »
I think my biggest issues are 1. getting enough practice and 2. breathing out of my nose completely before taking a breath.  I keep compacting air in my lungs until I choke.
All joking aside.

Thing is you don't actually have to swim, just treading water alone will burn many calories and fat. If you need a trainer I can set up one for you.
https://www.facebook.com/kelli.dickinson.9?ref=ts&fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/events/390468307710273/

Here are the results:
Before:https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/561200_3375335259026_1677582038_n.jpg
After:https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/547817_3375323058721_878098611_n.jpg

She's pretty good. Only thing is she lives in Baldwin County, but I'm sure she could find someone to help you with DIET AND EXERCISE.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:54:10 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #981 on: January 17, 2013, 01:19:19 PM »
Last night.  Coated some talapia filets in a little Olive Oil and blackened seasoning.  Pan fried them in olive oil. Took a baking potato and but it into thin slices.  Coated in more EVOO, garlic saly and ground rosemary.  Broiled them on low.  Spinach salad with sliced strawberries and almond slivers. 

Not perfect diet food as there was more EVOO than I would normally use.  But damn good, quick and easy.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #982 on: January 17, 2013, 01:56:11 PM »
Last night.  Coated some talapia filets in a little Olive Oil and blackened seasoning.  Pan fried them in olive oil. Took a baking potato and but it into thin slices.  Coated in more EVOO, garlic saly and ground rosemary.  Broiled them on low.  Spinach salad with sliced strawberries and almond slivers. 

Not perfect diet food as there was more EVOO than I would normally use.  But damn good, quick and easy.

I had a umpires meetings last night and got home about 9:00pm.

Had 4 beers and a sandwhich. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #983 on: January 17, 2013, 02:22:56 PM »
I had a umpires meetings last night and got home about 9:00pm.

Had 4 beers and a sandwhich.

Ha.  Fatty McTubberson

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #984 on: January 17, 2013, 02:51:03 PM »
Ha.  Fatty McTubberson

:haha:

Yours word are hurtful. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #985 on: January 17, 2013, 04:13:59 PM »
I gained four pounds back in the last week.  The cold weather and nasty rain has meant lots of hibernating and comfort food. 

So I have consumed two gallons (!!) of water a day for the last two days. Four pounds?  Them bitches are GONE.  All my pounds are warshed away... and I am continuing to up my water intake for the next week or two at least.  The net gain over the holiday is all gone, and I have maintained at 24 pounds net loss.

But it really sucks that you can gain that much weight so fast just by retaining water.  It's an easy fix, and drinking a lot of water is a good trick to do if you need to lose a few random pounds fast in the short term (like, in my case, wanting to look even skinnier for my nephew's wedding). Makes it hard to focus at work tho, when you are heading to the other office every 30-45 minutes. 

I know that women retain water more than men, but do you guys go through this too?  Some summers I would be so swollen in my ankles and fingers that my feet and hands would turn a reddish color.  Carl never seems to but he sweats a lot, as in WAY more than most people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #986 on: January 17, 2013, 04:20:21 PM »
A key part to my diet (when I get serious about losing) is drowning myself in water.  I go to 5-7 small, low fat meals a day and slam the water.  Now granted, slamming means a gallon max for me.  No way I could ever down 2 gallons or anything close to that. 

Now, 2 gallons of beer.... :bar: 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #987 on: January 17, 2013, 04:23:51 PM »
A key part to my diet (when I get serious about losing) is drowning myself in water.  I go to 5-7 small, low fat meals a day and slam the water.  Now granted, slamming means a gallon max for me.  No way I could ever down 2 gallons or anything close to that. 

I cheat a little - I add that sugar free crystal light powder stuff to it, and just keep refilling my water bottle.  The fruit punch is really sweet, and that helps keep me from craving a sweet snack or dessert, so bonus.

I only did the two gallons for two days - I could NEVER do that on a regular basis.  I was spending damn near all day in the bathroom. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #988 on: January 17, 2013, 04:25:04 PM »

When I get serious about losing weight, I call Manti's GF and have her fry up some chicken.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #989 on: January 17, 2013, 04:32:48 PM »
When I get serious about losing weight, I call Manti's GF and have her fry up some chicken.

It's her mama who makes the best fried chicken.  When her family came out for a visit last summer, she cooked it twice. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #990 on: January 17, 2013, 05:39:43 PM »
I gained four pounds back in the last week.  The cold weather and nasty rain has meant lots of hibernating and comfort food. 

So I have consumed two gallons (!!) of water a day for the last two days. Four pounds?  Them bitches are GONE.  All my pounds are warshed away... and I am continuing to up my water intake for the next week or two at least.  The net gain over the holiday is all gone, and I have maintained at 24 pounds net loss.

But it really sucks that you can gain that much weight so fast just by retaining water.  It's an easy fix, and drinking a lot of water is a good trick to do if you need to lose a few random pounds fast in the short term (like, in my case, wanting to look even skinnier for my nephew's wedding). Makes it hard to focus at work tho, when you are heading to the other office every 30-45 minutes. 

I know that women retain water more than men, but do you guys go through this too?  Some summers I would be so swollen in my ankles and fingers that my feet and hands would turn a reddish color.  Carl never seems to but he sweats a lot, as in WAY more than most people.

I start on a two litre bottle of water on the way in to work each day and refill it once during the day. So my bathroom visits are pretty common but its easy for me as I am the only one in the office most days so I call it "my" corporate bathroom. The winter is killer for me, shorter days and we have a habit of going to the beer store (walking distance) in the afternoon when my guys get back. That should change as the beer store is moving and nothing else is that close.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #991 on: January 17, 2013, 06:00:03 PM »

You motivated me. I have some Chuck Eye Steaks I didn't know what to do with, so I clarified some butter and coated them with the butter then the blacken seasoning, then on high heat blackened them. At the same time I was making pasta salad (I use Hidden Vally Ranch seasoning with oil and vinegar - it's killer). Nice afternoon snack I might add. Many people bronze rather than blacken and there's a difference.

http://www.chefhansgourmetfoods.com/ has the best damn blacken seasoning I have ever tasted.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 08:45:46 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #992 on: January 18, 2013, 07:27:07 AM »
You motivated me. I have some Chuck Eye Steaks I didn't know what to do with, so I clarified some butter and coated them with the butter then the blacken seasoning, then on high heat blackened them. At the same time I was making pasta salad (I use Hidden Vally Ranch seasoning with oil and vinegar - it's killer). Nice afternoon snack I might add. Many people bronze rather than blacken and there's a difference.

http://www.chefhansgourmetfoods.com/ has the best damn blacken I have ever tasted.
Good choice on the butter. Olive oil is good too

Margarine is processed junk. It'll kill you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #993 on: January 18, 2013, 10:24:06 AM »
I had to double up one day this week (Wed) since I am taking the wife out for her B-day tonight.  I did arms & shoulders and Kenpo on Wed.  I can't even believe I am saying this, but I love the cardio and kenpo portions.  Not that it's fun, but you are over with before you know it and soaked.  I did legs & back last night.  A little rough feeling on the knees this morning.  Some of those squats kill me.  Especially the wall squats and the chair lunges.  They burn pretty bad from just that so I have to be careful and either not use weights or cut back on the number of reps.  I am down to 225 and I started at 337 and I am on day 27.  I can live with that.  Sunday starts a new adventure and I get all new workouts for the week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #994 on: January 18, 2013, 10:40:52 AM »
I had to double up one day this week (Wed) since I am taking the wife out for her B-day tonight.  I did arms & shoulders and Kenpo on Wed.  I can't even believe I am saying this, but I love the cardio and kenpo portions.  Not that it's fun, but you are over with before you know it and soaked.  I did legs & back last night.  A little rough feeling on the knees this morning.  Some of those squats kill me.  Especially the wall squats and the chair lunges.  They burn pretty bad from just that so I have to be careful and either not use weights or cut back on the number of reps.  I am down to 225 and I started at 337 and I am on day 27.  I can live with that.  Sunday starts a new adventure and I get all new workouts for the week.

I'm gonna' go ahead and say it.  112 pound loss in 27 days is damn fine work. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #995 on: January 18, 2013, 10:47:40 AM »
I'm gonna' go ahead and say it.  112 pound loss in 27 days is damn fine work.

Fucker!  That should have been 227.  Damn triskey fingers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #996 on: January 18, 2013, 11:12:16 AM »
Overhead shoulder press is fucking hard.

That's all. 

Wait, no it's not.

I am little girl weak. 

That's all. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #997 on: January 18, 2013, 11:31:22 AM »
Overhead shoulder press is fucking hard.

That's all. 

Wait, no it's not.

I am little girl weak. 

That's all.

Yes, yes you are.  Yes, yes they are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #998 on: January 18, 2013, 11:35:23 AM »
I'm a little boy blue
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #999 on: January 18, 2013, 11:42:08 AM »
Yes, yes you are.  Yes, yes they are.

After two weeks of exercising, here are my stats for each set:

Bench Press - 115 pounds, 6 reps
Lat Pull Downs - 80 pounds, 8 reps
Rows - 70 pounds, 8 reps
Squats - Nonexistent, I can't squat all the way down
Leg Press - 180 pounds (two 45s on each side), 6 reps
Deadlift - 185 pounds, 6 reps
Overhead shoulder press - 75 pounds, 8 reps
Dips - 5-6 dips
Sit ups - 15 before I have to stop

Running - 1.1 miles with a gradual hill for about half a mile and then a steep decline for maybe 1/10 of a mile

Swimming - 3 total laps per 10-15 minutes.  I usually have to stop halfway to breathe for a few seconds. 

Embarrassing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole