Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #840 on: December 23, 2012, 01:15:46 AM »
Is anyone addicted to cheesy potatoes?  And by addicted, I mean fucking deadly addicted?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #841 on: December 23, 2012, 11:42:39 AM »

youtube.com/watch?v=GgM8IIglBLw
youtube.com/watch?v=k6Cc7gOoJKE
http://showmethecurry.com/pickles-chutneys/carrot-and-green-chili-pickle.html
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 12:11:33 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #842 on: December 26, 2012, 05:17:39 PM »
It's back on, beeshes.  Got 8 weeks til we take a cruise.  The countdown started today with a 5:30 workout.  Egg whites and oatmeal for breakfast.  Protein bar for snack.  Grilled chicken sammich for lunch and just had fruit for the mid-afternoon snack.  Water, water, water and more water.  Cutting out the alcohol completely during the week days....and week nights.  I normally don't weigh myself.  But recently, I had several trips to the doc and the first thing they always do is have you step on the scales.  Eye opener. The goal is 15-20 pound loss over the next 8 weeks. 

It's about to get real up in here. I'm headed home to grill up some chicken for the rest of the week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #843 on: December 27, 2012, 09:36:54 AM »
The holidays were bad on me, but I was able to keep my 5 pound buffer.  I guess I'll be eating turkey and roast beef subs for the next few weeks for lunch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #844 on: December 27, 2012, 09:50:23 AM »
Insanity starts tonight!  I am up 12 pounds from where I ended the summer.  It's time for that to go, and some more with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #845 on: December 27, 2012, 10:26:37 AM »
I gained six pounds in two weeks and stretched my stomach out with sweets, egg nog, and puppy chow (crack).

We still have a lot left and I have very weak will-power.   

Lord help me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #846 on: December 27, 2012, 10:49:16 AM »
Insanity starts tonight!  I am up 12 pounds from where I ended the summer.  It's time for that to go, and some more with it.

I ordered the Tapout XT and started it a couple of weeks ago.  Quickly realized I'm not ready to hit it full time. Nagging injuries to my back and shoulder, coupled with the fact that I'm as heavy as I've ever been, made me come to the conclusion that I need to drop 10-15 before I go that route.  I'm mixing in a couple of the workouts into my routine but several of them are so push up heavy, there's no way I can do them without heading to the surgi-center for repair of a torn rotator cuff.  For instance, there's a yoga session on this one, just like P90X.  Buzz, I would imagine Insanity does as well.  Yes?  On the Tapout, it's not near as long as P90X but you literally spend 30 minutes straight supporting your weight with your arms in some form of push up position.  (You can take a "Downward Dog and stick it up your rectum)

Anywho, I've sort of learned through the years to listen to my body more...and not just the farts.  If something hurts, back off and let it heal.  Go to something else.  That's what I'm doing right now.  Focusing a lot more on cardio and diet to get some weight off before I start doing "Insane" workouts again.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #847 on: December 27, 2012, 10:56:52 AM »
I ordered the Tapout XT and started it a couple of weeks ago.  Quickly realized I'm not ready to hit it full time. Nagging injuries to my back and shoulder, coupled with the fact that I'm as heavy as I've ever been, made me come to the conclusion that I need to drop 10-15 before I go that route.  I'm mixing in a couple of the workouts into my routine but several of them are so push up heavy, there's no way I can do them without heading to the surgi-center for repair of a torn rotator cuff.  For instance, there's a yoga session on this one, just like P90X.  Buzz, I would imagine Insanity does as well.  Yes?  On the Tapout, it's not near as long as P90X but you literally spend 30 minutes straight supporting your weight with your arms in some form of push up position.  (You can take a "Downward Dog and stick it up your rectum)

Anywho, I've sort of learned through the years to listen to my body more...and not just the farts.  If something hurts, back off and let it heal.  Go to something else.  That's what I'm doing right now.  Focusing a lot more on cardio and diet to get some weight off before I start doing "Insane" workouts again.

Yeah, there is a yoga/pilates type workout in there.  There are 10 different workouts, and I haven't actually seen them all yet...I want to be surprised!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #848 on: December 27, 2012, 11:35:51 AM »
Yeah, there is a yoga/pilates type workout in there.  There are 10 different workouts, and I haven't actually seen them all yet...I want to be surprised!

The yoga on Tapout is just under an hour.  If memory serves, P90X was closer to an hour and 40 minutes.  AUT1 just started back on P90 so he should be familiar with that particular torture session.  Oh BTDub...the guy leading Insanity is gay.  So just remember what he's thinking when he's hollering at you to get one more pelvic squat thrust.  Push it til it hurts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #849 on: December 27, 2012, 01:46:00 PM »
I gained six pounds in two weeks and stretched my stomach out with sweets, egg nog, and puppy chow (crack).

We still have a lot left and I have very weak will-power.   

Lord help me.

I am there with you, In-laws in towns ( much beer needed for this) and extended family came over so I ordered Lasagna for 14 plus three pies and a couple of cakes for good measure.

I'll deal with the crap after the first of the year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #850 on: December 27, 2012, 03:23:01 PM »
On day 5 of P90X.  I am sore as hell and thinking I am content with being drunk, fat, stupid and happy. 

I skip the yoga and do the cardio or kenpo instead for the first few weeks until I get some flexibility back.  Yoga sucks andnthe P90X version last for 94 minutes.  Also love on stretch/rest day you wind up stretching and doing some yoga and work your associated to death.  Some kind of rest I tell ya.

My diet still blows, but today it is starting to get better.  Honeynut Cheerios for breakfast, beachhead turkey breast on whole wheat and banana for lunch, and will be having grilled chicken breast, green beans and carrots for dinner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #851 on: December 27, 2012, 03:29:03 PM »
I tried. 

Ate two eggs with half of an avocado for breakfast.  Chicken and vegetable soup for lunch. 

And cream cheese pineapple spread with pepper jelly on crackers for dessert.  Then about five cups of puppy chow for second dessert. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #852 on: December 27, 2012, 03:33:22 PM »
Oatmeal at breakfast.  Vegetable tray for snack at 10:00. Cold, frosty and delicious protein shake after a workout at lunch.  220...I'm all up that ass.  Here I come.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #853 on: December 27, 2012, 03:43:16 PM »
Oatmeal at breakfast.  Vegetable tray for snack at 10:00. Cold, frosty and delicious protein shake after a workout at lunch.  220...I'm all up that ass.  Here I come.

You people and your damn success stories....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #854 on: December 27, 2012, 03:44:27 PM »
Then about five cups of puppy chow for second dessert.

You should try Gravy Train. It goes great with unsweetened tea.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #855 on: December 27, 2012, 03:52:26 PM »
You should try Gravy Train. It goes great with unsweetened tea.

I wish it were dog food.

And I need help.  Food isn't my only issue. 

Any ideas for at-home strength training that doesn't require bouncing to a TV video like a stay-at-home woman? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #856 on: December 27, 2012, 03:55:43 PM »
You people and your damn success stories....

That's me, baby.  36 hours of success...and counting.  As I've said earlier in this thread.  I do 100% better if I have a specific goal in mind.  Not so much a target weight or percentage of body fat, even though that is included in my goals.  Mine need to be time sensitive.  Like doing a triathlon or in this case, trying to be at a target weight and body fat before taking a trip.  I've just started my 8 week journey and I want to accomplish A, B, and C before I get on the boat.  Always much easier for me to have that goal. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #857 on: December 27, 2012, 03:58:28 PM »
That's me, baby.  36 hours of success...and counting.  As I've said earlier in this thread.  I do 100% better if I have a specific goal in mind.  Not so much a target weight or percentage of body fat, even though that is included in my goals.  Mine need to be time sensitive.  Like doing a triathlon or in this case, trying to be at a target weight and body fat before taking a trip.  I've just started my 8 week journey and I want to accomplish A, B, and C before I get on the boat.  Always much easier for me to have that goal.

I'm with you as well, but I've given up on my half-marathon goal.  The cold weather made running miserable. 

I'd really like to get back into lifting weights.  We have a Snap Fitness nearby, but I hated it.  I loathe the YMCA.  The only places I've enjoyed lifting weights were Auburn's gym and my high school football weightroom. 

Strength training with running a few miles a week.  That'd be perfect. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #858 on: December 27, 2012, 04:03:52 PM »
I wish it were dog food.

And I need help.  Food isn't my only issue. 

Any ideas for at-home strength training that doesn't require bouncing to a TV video like a stay-at-home woman?

Honestly, that's your best bet, IMO.  Tons of machines, home workout gyms, Bow-Flex etc. on the market.  Do they work?  Yep, if you use them consistently.  But, experience with me and so many others I've talked to, finds that a treadmill in the home eventually becomes nothing more than a place to hang your laundry.  All those pieces of equipment will ultimately just be in the way.

The video craze with P90X, Insanity and Tapout are the real deal.  You dedicate 3 months to that and do what the programs want you to do....it will blow your mind the shape you'll be in.  The only word of warning, and they tell you this, you need to be in at least fair overall physical shape before jumping into it. The workouts are crazy hard.  That's why I said above...I need to let some injuries heal up and drop at least 10 before I think about going full time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #859 on: December 27, 2012, 04:33:31 PM »

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'