Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #820 on: November 16, 2012, 08:35:47 AM »
The X - where grown men can openly discuss detailed account of cleaning out their shitters and not feel weird.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #821 on: November 19, 2012, 04:41:01 PM »
It amazes me to find out what people eat to become morbidly obese.  A girl - 15 years old - in one of my classes is very overweight.  Probably considered morbidly obese, and I've thought before about what she has to be eating to be 250+ pounds (probably almost 300) as a sophomore in high school.

Well, today two periods after lunch, her oversized purse spilled over and two wrapped burgers from McDonald's came out.  Someone in the class said, "Why do you have burgers in your purse?"  She answered, "My mom says I have to carry around a snack after lunch because if I get hungry, I won't be able to concentrate in class." 

The entire class was dead silent.  It would have been less bully-ish if someone would have blurted out something like "Damn, you're a fat ass!"  But the whole room was quiet, flabbergasted by the fact that this girl is eating two burgers from McDonalds for an after-lunch snack. 

What the hell is wrong with parents that they can look at their 100+ pound overweight child and think they need to eat fast food for a snack? 

Anyways, her fatness got me thinking about getting back on the diet.  I had cut so much extra fat off by going to a pseudo-keto eating plan, and I think I need to get back on it.  Thanksgiving will kill me though...but there's always next week!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Token

« Reply #822 on: November 22, 2012, 10:01:09 AM »
It amazes me to find out what people eat to become morbidly obese.  A girl - 15 years old - in one of my classes is very overweight.  Probably considered morbidly obese, and I've thought before about what she has to be eating to be 250+ pounds (probably almost 300) as a sophomore in high school.

Well, today two periods after lunch, her oversized purse spilled over and two wrapped burgers from McDonald's came out.  Someone in the class said, "Why do you have burgers in your purse?"  She answered, "My mom says I have to carry around a snack after lunch because if I get hungry, I won't be able to concentrate in class." 

The entire class was dead silent.  It would have been less bully-ish if someone would have blurted out something like "Damn, you're a fat ass!"  But the whole room was quiet, flabbergasted by the fact that this girl is eating two burgers from McDonalds for an after-lunch snack. 

What the hell is wrong with parents that they can look at their 100+ pound overweight child and think they need to eat fast food for a snack? 

Anyways, her fatness got me thinking about getting back on the diet.  I had cut so much extra fat off by going to a pseudo-keto eating plan, and I think I need to get back on it.  Thanksgiving will kill me though...but there's always next week!

When I was growing up, we were very poor.  I was skinny my entire childhood because of it.  We didn't get to go out to eat, it was beans and greens every day, because that's what we could afford.  Fast food was way out of our price range.

Somewhere along the way, that's changed.  Now it's much more expensive to eat healthy as opposed to eating bad.  If one has to eat out for lunch, he could go to subway and get a healthy sub 500 calorie turkey sub with chips and water for $6.00.  Or he could go to McDonald's and eat a 1200 calorie lunch for for under $4.00.  The value menu was the absolute worst thing that has ever happened to America. 

When people ask me what I did to lose 35 pounds, the answer is very simple.  Stop drinking sugar drinks and no fast food.  If you think about it, it's the easiest answer possible.  I ran, but not really as much as I needed too.  Mostly it was drinking water and not eating trash out of a drive thru.  And as easy as that is, it's nearly impossible.  Because it costs less to eat bad food.  And because of that, we have kids today who don't know what a home cooked meal is.  It's value menus and $5.00 hot and ready pizzas. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #823 on: November 25, 2012, 08:43:22 PM »
When I was growing up, we were very poor.  I was skinny my entire childhood because of it.  We didn't get to go out to eat, it was beans and greens every day, because that's what we could afford.  Fast food was way out of our price range.

Somewhere along the way, that's changed.  Now it's much more expensive to eat healthy as opposed to eating bad.  If one has to eat out for lunch, he could go to subway and get a healthy sub 500 calorie turkey sub with chips and water for $6.00.  Or he could go to McDonald's and eat a 1200 calorie lunch for for under $4.00.  The value menu was the absolute worst thing that has ever happened to America. 

When people ask me what I did to lose 35 pounds, the answer is very simple.  Stop drinking sugar drinks and no fast food.  If you think about it, it's the easiest answer possible.  I ran, but not really as much as I needed too.  Mostly it was drinking water and not eating trash out of a drive thru.  And as easy as that is, it's nearly impossible.  Because it costs less to eat bad food.  And because of that, we have kids today who don't know what a home cooked meal is.  It's value menus and $5.00 hot and ready pizzas.

There's a documentary called "Food, Inc." that addresses this.  Actually, it addresses quite a few issues about our food industry, but it does have one segment discussing how unhealthy foods are priced lower than healthy foods.

On the flip side, another documentary called "Fat Head" suggests that fast food isn't necessarily as unhealthy as we make it out to be.  This documentary was a response to Morgan Spurlock's "Super Size Me," and it shows that eating fast food and being healthy is not impossible.  It's likely more of a quantity issue than a quality issue, but the fact that such large quantities of less healthy foods are cheaper than healthier foods is still an issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #824 on: November 25, 2012, 09:34:03 PM »
There's a documentary called "Food, Inc." that addresses this.  Actually, it addresses quite a few issues about our food industry, but it does have one segment discussing how unhealthy foods are priced lower than healthy foods.

On the flip side, another documentary called "Fat Head" suggests that fast food isn't necessarily as unhealthy as we make it out to be.  This documentary was a response to Morgan Spurlock's "Super Size Me," and it shows that eating fast food and being healthy is not impossible.  It's likely more of a quantity issue than a quality issue, but the fact that such large quantities of less healthy foods are cheaper than healthier foods is still an issue.
I thought Fat Head was more about how fast food doesn't necessarily make you overweight and it can be healthy if you order correctly.  Granted I haven't seen it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #825 on: November 25, 2012, 10:37:35 PM »
I thought Fat Head was more about how fast food doesn't necessarily make you overweight and it can be healthy if you order correctly.  Granted I haven't seen it.

I got the same take on it.  Guess I just didn't convey that well in the previous post.  I just meant that Fat Head actually suggests that the cheaper fast food isn't unhealthy, so long as it's consumed in reasonable serving sizes, whereas Food, Inc. had a segment focused on unhealthy foods, including fast food, being cheaper than more healthy options.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #826 on: November 27, 2012, 08:04:49 PM »
For what it's worth I've lost 31 pounds.

The only thing I changed was cutting out soft drinks and fries and eating only half what I normally did.

No adverse effects.  I don't miss it.  The food or the weight. 

Started running Monday.  Going to lose 30 more by Feb. 

Will weigh less than I did in HS if I can get there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #827 on: November 27, 2012, 08:13:30 PM »
Did a closet purge this weekend.  Found some pants I wore on our honeymoon.

They were too big. 

:clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #828 on: November 28, 2012, 04:25:04 AM »
Did a closet purge this weekend.  Found some pants I wore on our honeymoon.

They were too big. 

:clap:
Congrats Boo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #829 on: November 28, 2012, 01:26:07 PM »
Congrats Boo.

How you doing, Not-So-Big man?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #830 on: November 29, 2012, 11:37:09 AM »

I know my family struggled when I was growing up, we seem to eat a lot of meatloaf and potatoes and same like products, but I didn’t know any better cause my friends were pretty much the same way. But I know we were always outside playing something (Football-baseball-basketball-swimming-kick the can) we were always moving, and during the summer we moved till it got dark. I live in an area that has some kids, there is one street my wife and I call (Kid-alley) and we hardly ever see anybody outside playing and we have very little crime in our area and its right next to a nice park with two ponds. I don’t see kids on bikes anymore.   NOW  :getoff:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #831 on: December 12, 2012, 04:40:51 PM »
Just started Tapout XT. For those that have done or are familiar with P90X, it's basically the exact same thing but with a lot more kicking and punching.  It's an MMA style workout.  I have quickly realized that it only took a few short months and some back issues to kick my ass.  Suffice it to say, these workouts are already beating me down.  Made it 32 minutes of a 50 minute leg workout last night.  I figured since no one in my house knows CPR, I'd better quit while I was....alive.  The diet is back on track.  Water is being consumed by the gallon and the workouts are back on.  Now...to get that alcohol thing under control. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #832 on: December 12, 2012, 04:49:27 PM »
I am being forced to wait for Christmas to get my Insanity program going.  I plan to start on the 26th though! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #833 on: December 12, 2012, 04:56:23 PM »
I almost started P90X on Sunday but tweaked my back this past Saturday lugging the smoker around when I cleaned it up.  Starting Plyo with a tweaked back is a dumb idea. Back is not sore as of today.  Should be able to get started on Monday morning.  That is the plan at least.  I will also being taking a break from the alcohol consumption.  Baby will be here Friday morning so I plan on cleaning up my diet, stop drinking and get back to work on getting my ass in shape like I did the last time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #834 on: December 12, 2012, 05:10:02 PM »
I think if I stayed at my current pace and waited til after Christmas to start this thing, I'd weigh 263 and wouldn't even have the energy to get it going.  Like AU1, my back has been a problem.  But, I'm doing only what I know I can do without blowing up my back again. 

Plus, I've already made up my mind that I'm not following this program 7 days a week like it calls for. I'm going to the gym today and do some weights.  Did the P90X a while back and after 5 weeks, just couldn't face going home and doing another session in front of the TV, listening to someone I wanted to strangle with a piece of barbed wire.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #835 on: December 13, 2012, 11:39:43 AM »
I am being forced to wait for Christmas to get my Insanity program going.  I plan to start on the 26th though!

I thought you had a good head start at the A&M game.  :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #836 on: December 13, 2012, 12:14:08 PM »
I've quit dieting but I'm working out 5 days a week and eating a ton of protein.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #837 on: December 13, 2012, 12:50:32 PM »
I thought you had a good head start at the A&M game.  :haha:

Pfft...that's just my daily dose of insanity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #838 on: December 13, 2012, 04:06:53 PM »
Just started Tapout XT. For those that have done or are familiar with P90X, it's basically the exact same thing but with a lot more kicking and punching.  It's an MMA style workout.  I have quickly realized that it only took a few short months and some back issues to kick my ass.  Suffice it to say, these workouts are already beating me down.  Made it 32 minutes of a 50 minute leg workout last night.  I figured since no one in my house knows CPR, I'd better quit while I was....alive.  The diet is back on track.  Water is being consumed by the gallon and the workouts are back on.  Now...to get that alcohol thing under control.

Eat lots of fiber. It'll keep you shitting. With the gallons of water you consume, you might as well live in the bathroom.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #839 on: December 13, 2012, 04:29:31 PM »
Eat lots of fiber. It'll keep you shitting. With the gallons of water you consume, you might as well live in the bathroom.

I have no problem wiff teh shits.  I'm a pretty regular guy. :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions