Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #660 on: August 29, 2012, 02:19:31 PM »
This week is total loss for me.  I have had a sinus infection since Monday morning.  I can't breath, my face hurts, I walk around like a mouth breather.   If I tried to run I wouldn't make if far before dying from lack of Oxygen.   Good god  :suicide:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Token

« Reply #661 on: August 29, 2012, 02:38:06 PM »
I was just kidding about 199.  205 seems to be the stopping point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #662 on: August 29, 2012, 02:39:38 PM »
I was just kidding about 199.  205 seems to be the stopping point.

I don't want to hear that!  199 is my goal too.  We will both see it if it kills us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #663 on: August 29, 2012, 02:52:12 PM »
Bunch of Fatty McFatmen

Honestly, I quit weighing long ago.  When you're a big ole fella like me, your weight can fluctuate 2-3 pounds in a day.  I'll think I've kicked ass and can't wait to step on the scales...only to be up a pound.  I get too frustrated. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #664 on: August 29, 2012, 03:01:24 PM »
I also got Mama Snags and another lady interested in doing a 5K3some.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #665 on: August 29, 2012, 03:05:32 PM »
Older guy in a bar starts hitting on this 65 year old lady.  The lady asks, "Have you ever been in a 3-some with a mother and her daughter?"  The guys answered "No, I haven't". 

"Well tomight's your lucky night"

He follows her home and when they walk through the door, the lady hollers up the stairs, "Hey Mom, you up?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #666 on: August 29, 2012, 03:26:40 PM »
Bunch of Fatty McFatmen

Honestly, I quit weighing long ago.  When you're a big ole fella like me, your weight can fluctuate 2-3 pounds in a day.  I'll think I've kicked ass and can't wait to step on the scales...only to be up a pound.  I get too frustrated.

That's why I keep a five day average tally.  The fluctuations from day to day can be frustrating and don't help to show a trend, but if you also chart out a five day average each day, you'll be able to better see an overall trend of whether you're gaining or losing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #667 on: September 01, 2012, 09:48:14 AM »
Four miles.  I just ran four miles.  Holeeeee ssshhhheeeeiiitt!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #668 on: September 01, 2012, 09:55:21 AM »
In the last 6 weeks I've lost 8 pounds of fat and gained 8 pounds of muscle.  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Token

« Reply #669 on: September 06, 2012, 09:58:48 PM »
I don't want to hear that!  199 is my goal too.  We will both see it if it kills us.

After honestly coming off for 4 days and eating what I wanted (except sweets and sugar drinks) I've finally started moving again.  202 right now.  Hoping to see 199 by this time next week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #670 on: September 06, 2012, 10:23:33 PM »
Football season is bad for diets.

I can't "cheat."  Cheat days springboard me into unhealthy eating for about four days.  It was until today that I got back into eating right, and I know that Saturday morning, we're eating a lot of unhealthy food for the game and then plan on eating bbq for dinner. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #671 on: September 07, 2012, 09:08:44 AM »
I've enjoyed this thread and have a question for the experts here:

What in your opinion, is the best way to slim down that (forgive my lack of proper terminology) underneath type of "belly fat".  My issue isn't that I'm overweight, I'm actually probably under at 6'4 185 but I carry some of that weight in a gut that I've been trying to flatten with no results.  I think I know the obvious answers but was wondering what advice you gurus might have to offer...

I'm no runner but had started short distance jogs a few times a week and while I know the cardio is beneficial, I don't want to lose the weight I'm afraid increasing that might lead to- just carry it differently. 

For the past year or so I've worked on limiting my diet to fruits and granola for just about every weekday breakfast, a sammich with a banana and yogurt for lunch, and supper... well let's not talk about supper except to say I'm not nearly as disciplined.  In this regard, my weight has at least remained stable but the freaking beer gut has remained stable as well.  Come to think of it maybe that's the probl... nah, nevermind.

Any suggestions besides "stfu this thread is for fatasses" or "tl;dr"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #672 on: September 07, 2012, 09:25:20 AM »
I've enjoyed this thread and have a question for the experts here:

What in your opinion, is the best way to slim down that (forgive my lack of proper terminology) underneath type of "belly fat".  My issue isn't that I'm overweight, I'm actually probably under at 6'4 185 but I carry some of that weight in a gut that I've been trying to flatten with no results.  I think I know the obvious answers but was wondering what advice you gurus might have to offer...

I'm no runner but had started short distance jogs a few times a week and while I know the cardio is beneficial, I don't want to lose the weight I'm afraid increasing that might lead to- just carry it differently. 

For the past year or so I've worked on limiting my diet to fruits and granola for just about every weekday breakfast, a sammich with a banana and yogurt for lunch, and supper... well let's not talk about supper except to say I'm not nearly as disciplined.  In this regard, my weight has at least remained stable but the freaking beer gut has remained stable as well.  Come to think of it maybe that's the probl... nah, nevermind.

Any suggestions besides "stfu this thread is for fatasses" or "tl;dr"?

If I knew the answer I would be hawking my wares on infomercials as we speak.  I had lost down to 208, and have since slowly crept back up 6 to 7 pounds...all right in the mid-section.  I have been doing sit ups, crunches, planks, and assorted other ab exercises at least 4 days a week now for a month, and I still can't get rid of the pooch and love handles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #673 on: September 07, 2012, 10:58:26 AM »
If I knew the answer I would be hawking my wares on infomercials as we speak.  I had lost down to 208, and have since slowly crept back up 6 to 7 pounds...all right in the mid-section.  I have been doing sit ups, crunches, planks, and assorted other ab exercises at least 4 days a week now for a month, and I still can't get rid of the pooch and love handles.

Yeah, though not as intense as I guess I could, I've done crunches & leg lifts pretty regularly with no change.  And heck I've got pretty strong abs as a result... they just happen to be hidden under my damn belly.  I've read a little that if maybe I focus instead on weight training that the extra weight will shift into those areas being worked out eventually but hell... I wouldnt know where to begin there either. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #674 on: September 07, 2012, 11:44:35 AM »
Yeah, though not as intense as I guess I could, I've done crunches & leg lifts pretty regularly with no change.  And heck I've got pretty strong abs as a result... they just happen to be hidden under my damn belly.  I've read a little that if maybe I focus instead on weight training that the extra weight will shift into those areas being worked out eventually but hell... I wouldnt know where to begin there either.

From what I've researched?

Genetics.  They play a big role in how defined your abs can be.  But most people can at least have some definition, and the only way to give your body the shot at showing them is through your diet. 

You need to burn fat.  Some people burn fat with the keto diet.  Some go light and low fat.  Some do other things.

But honestly, with you being 6'4 185, I don't know what to tell you.  You're already really light for your height. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #675 on: September 13, 2012, 02:57:35 PM »
Alright you lugs, where are you?  Gaining weight?  Eating swiss cake rolls when no one is looking?  Having an extra hot dog at the game?  Extra cheese on the nachos? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #676 on: September 13, 2012, 03:52:08 PM »
GiGi's cupcakes have slowed my weight loss down...actually I have gained 5 pounds back. :facepalm:

It's time to get sirrius again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #677 on: September 13, 2012, 04:02:44 PM »
Yeah me too.  I've gained four pounds, and I don't gain weight easily.  My running program has digressed to two miles a run, three days a week.  Not bad, but not good. 

I also brought carbs back into my diet because I don't really believe in the keto/atkins diet.  But of course, I have a problem.  Whenever I begin eating carbs, I can't stop eating carbs.  And then a few hours later, I want more carbs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #678 on: September 13, 2012, 04:31:51 PM »
Still between 202 and 204.  Not gaining, but slowly, slowly losing.  Football practice 3 days a week has ruined my exercise routine.  Still running a mile after I'm finished, but not working out at all.  Also having to eat late dinner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #679 on: September 13, 2012, 05:50:56 PM »
Since I was too verbose last time...

13 pounds lost from all the right places.

Tummy flat.

Curves intact.

Girls still perky.

I'm thinking 10 more before I am content.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions