Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #600 on: August 14, 2012, 02:47:43 PM »
45 pounds down so far took this picture last night. I didn't look as fat so I thought I would share.

No homo, but I would sooo lick champagne off your abs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Token

« Reply #601 on: August 14, 2012, 11:08:01 PM »
Great job, Jumbo.  I'm stuck at 207, have been for about a week.  First real time that I have stopped losing since June.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #602 on: August 14, 2012, 11:23:08 PM »
Well  last week was a total waste.  I was on TDY in Boston and every time you turn around there is an Irish Pub or a Bar.  Went to a couple of ten and drink most of dinners.  I blew the diet and never once jumped on a treadmill.  Hopped back on yesterday and got the diet back in order on Sunday.  I could tell that I didn't do shit last week other than destroy a lot of hard work.  The bright side was that I only gained 3lbs. 

I got in 3 miles yesterday and 3 today.  Today hurt and hurt bad.  I decided to pound the pavement in the neighborhood instead of the treadmill.  I have a feeling that I will feel it in the morning.  No pain, no gain, right?  I should be on track for a while now.  Hopefully I will detox my body a little from the punishment I made it go through last week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #603 on: August 15, 2012, 09:14:31 AM »
One thing I have learned about a lot of you fuckers in this thread - the will power is the one main weakness I see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #604 on: August 15, 2012, 09:16:25 AM »
Great job, Jumbo.  I'm stuck at 207, have been for about a week.  First real time that I have stopped losing since June.

Sounds like me.  I hope you don't follow the same route...
I was at 208 right before we went to the beach for Memorial Day.  Got back home at 212, and stayed there for a month or so.  I have been up and down since, but right now I am back at 213.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #605 on: August 15, 2012, 09:57:20 AM »
One thing I have learned about a lot of you fuckers in this thread - the will power is the one main weakness I see.

It's the only one for me.

I feel qualified to quit my job and become a professional nutritionist with expert knowledge in multiple diets, execise regimes, and motivational techniques. 

Actually sticking to any of it?  That's the hard part.

Although, I have done much better since starting this thread. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #606 on: August 15, 2012, 10:06:20 AM »
I feel qualified to quit my job and become a professional nutritionist with expert knowledge in multiple diets, execise regimes, and motivational techniques. 

Its crossed my mind too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #607 on: August 15, 2012, 10:28:36 AM »
The biggest thing helping me is if I eat something fried or sweets im not cheating on my diet I'm just living its a lifestyle change like Vandy had went through.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #608 on: August 15, 2012, 10:54:34 AM »

But, but, but......alcohol is so tasty!  I don't know how to quit it!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #609 on: August 15, 2012, 11:09:05 AM »
But, but, but......alcohol is so tasty!  I don't know how to quit it!

^^THIS^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #610 on: August 15, 2012, 11:18:25 AM »
^^THIS^^

Honestly, if I could give up the habit, I would be dropping weight like crazy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #611 on: August 15, 2012, 11:30:24 AM »
Honestly, if I could give up the habit, I would be dropping weight like crazy.

There is truth in your words. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #612 on: August 15, 2012, 03:04:35 PM »

Speaking of will power -

Just went to lunch with a few coworkers.  We went to Tazikis.  I decided to throw caution to the wind and order a lamb and skordalia gyro with a salad on the side.  Not bad for 700 calories. 

But then the coworkers wanted Gigi's cupcakes.  And I ate a cupcake.  According to myfitnesspal, my cupcake had 780 calories, 107 carb grams, and 36 grams of fat. 

Need more will power....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #613 on: August 15, 2012, 03:10:59 PM »
Speaking of will power -

Just went to lunch with a few coworkers.  We went to Tazikis.  I decided to throw caution to the wind and order a lamb and skordalia gyro with a salad on the side.  Not bad for 700 calories. 

But then the coworkers wanted Gigi's cupcakes.  And I ate a cupcake.  According to myfitnesspal, my cupcake had 780 calories, 107 carb grams, and 36 grams of fat. 

Need more will power....

I can do without sweets.  I always have.  It's the second and third helping of Potato Salad's and such that usually do me in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #614 on: August 15, 2012, 03:23:36 PM »
I can do without sweets.  I always have.  It's the second and third helping of Potato Salad's and such that usually do me in.

If I didn't eat sweets, I would have never entered this thread. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #615 on: August 15, 2012, 03:36:45 PM »
The biggest thing helping me is if I eat something fried or sweets im not cheating on my diet I'm just living its a lifestyle change like Vandy had went through.

I've never had to change my lifestyle.  The first thing I did after birth was suck the doctor's dick, and I've been going strong ever since.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Token

« Reply #616 on: August 15, 2012, 08:00:35 PM »
Ok.

I just ran a little over 2 miles on the road.  Wasn't planning on it, but a huge dog came out of a yard behind me before I hit my turnaround point.  It harassed me for about half a mile and I honestly thought at least 3 times it might attack me.  So, I kept running and found an alternate path back home. 

I've registered for a 5k for Sept. 8 and I'm about to register for a 5k two weeks after that.  I'm getting under 200, even if it kills me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #617 on: August 15, 2012, 08:10:58 PM »
Ok.

I just ran a little over 2 miles on the road.  Wasn't planning on it, but a huge dog came out of a yard behind me before I hit my turnaround point.  It harassed me for about half a mile and I honestly thought at least 3 times it might attack me.  So, I kept running and found an alternate path back home. 

I've registered for a 5k for Sept. 8 and I'm about to register for a 5k two weeks after that.  I'm getting under 200, even if it kills me.

Sounds like that dog makes for a good personal trainer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #618 on: August 16, 2012, 03:06:03 PM »
Sounds like that dog makes for a good personal trainer.

This.  When I was training for the sprint tri, on my bike rides there were always dogs that would come flying out of their yard with bad intent.  I'd already be about 12-15 miles into the ride but suddenly the adrenaline starts pumping and I'm sprinting for the yellow jersey.  Problem was on one occasion, the road was a dead end so I had to go back by.  This time, I was doing about 142 m.p.h. when I got to that house.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #619 on: August 17, 2012, 12:32:13 PM »
OK.  So...

I have been on a diet now for about three weeks. The Corndog is doing it with me, so that helps a lot.  We signed up at one of those Quick Weight Loss center places, so we are on a regimented diet with proportions of proteins, carbs, sugars, fats, etc., with a lot of supplements and vitamins.

I didn't want to say anything on here, in case I did not stick with it - OH, the mockery. But now I think I can share...

FACT:  I am voluptous and curvey and Rubenesque and trust me, I LOVE my curves.  I was a size 6 when I finished Auburn, and my hip bones and ribs were showing and I looked anorexic and unhealthy.  I am a natural size 10-12 and proud of it. 

But the last time any of you saw me was probably at the FAU game last year - and I was not looking my best.  That was the heaviest I had been since I was preggers with Spencer and I felt as bad as I looked. 

But then we moved into the new house, and the stress of moving and kids changing schools and the holidays all rolled up on me, and kicked my ass.  So I lost ten pounds on my own.

But I couldn't get it to go any further, so I started the diet - and now I am down ten more pounds in four weeks, and that four weeks includes a week of vacation that involved a wine dinner at Commanders Palace in NOLA, beignets at Cafe Du Monde, lots of alcohol and more than one meal of fried seafood on the Gulf Coast.

So 20 pounds down total since December.

The best I think I have looked in recent memory was in 2009 right after my boob job. (Several of you will recall the infamous moment at the tailgate...)  OBVIOUSLY I felt very good about myself at that point.  And I say that to say this:  if I lose 8 more pounds from where I am today, I will weigh exactly what I did at that 2009 point, post surgery.

My goal right now is to lose 20 more, just for a cushion against the inevitable regaining, but ANYTHING beyond the next 8 is total lagniappe - just bonus.  My schedule is to be at my goal by the TAMU game, but I hope it will be noticeable at the Corndog game in a few weeks.

It is very difficult - I am SO over the boring ass shit I am having to eat, and am hating having to take all the fucking supplements all the damn time.  I had to give up my SONIC Diet Dr. Pepper, which is why their stock has tanked in the past few weeks.  I drink so much water and Crystal Light that I am in the potty every half hour.

But it is working - it is very nice to step on the scale and see yet another number drop off almost daily.  The gratification of watching the numbers get smaller is enough to make me keep on keeping on.  For now at least.

So, add me to the list of folks needing support to stick with it.

**SIGH**
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions