Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #580 on: August 03, 2012, 09:26:13 AM »
199 is my next goal...sounds like you're going to get there before I do.  Keep up the good work!

I want to see 200 pretty bad, but it seems like it is taking forever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #581 on: August 03, 2012, 09:30:57 AM »
I want to see 200 pretty bad, but it seems like it is taking forever.

Same here.  I was at 208 back in May...and I'm at 211 today.  I have to change my diet and add more cardio I think.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #582 on: August 03, 2012, 09:40:39 AM »
Same here.  I was at 208 back in May...and I'm at 211 today.  I have to change my diet and add more cardio I think.
  I have actually gained a little weight in the past two weeks.  I have pretty clean other than maybe three meals, but I have done a lot more cardio in the past two weeks than I have in a long time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #583 on: August 03, 2012, 09:44:21 AM »
  I have actually gained a little weight in the past two weeks.  I have pretty clean other than maybe three meals, but I have done a lot more cardio in the past two weeks than I have in a long time.

I am pretty sure the weight I have put on is muscle, because we have ramped up our chest, back and arm workouts over the last month.  I just need to lose the spare tire and I will feel better to be honest.  Diet and cardio are the only things that can help me with that, but I just can't make myself do much of either for some reason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #584 on: August 03, 2012, 10:13:59 AM »
A Sprint Triathlon is such a bad name for the event too. It's far from a Sprint. It still takes 80-90% of the field an hour or longer to complete. 1/4 mile swim (7-10 mins), 12 mile bike (30-45 mins), 3.1 mile run (17-30 mins). Thats a lot of time elapsed. I always nail the swim and the run (Top 3) but do about middle of the pack for my age group on the bike. Ive always had inferior equipment for the biking part but just upgraded to a high dolla bike so hopefully that will change.

To be honest, I did the duathlon.  I wasn't real comfortable with my swim training anyway leading up to it and the only pool I can train at here closed the last 2 weeks before the race.  Lightning hit the facility and knocked everything out.  So, no training at all in the pool the last two weeks.  They had a 1.5 mile run on the beach, then a 15 mile bike then a standard 5K.  Did it with a partner and we really pushed each other through the initial run and bike.  Kicked ass on the ride.  Then on the 5K, I started cramping in my calves.  I limped and gimped through that course.  I think I didn't fully grasp the concept of hydration prior to doing something like that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #585 on: August 03, 2012, 11:08:10 AM »
To be honest, I did the duathlon.  I wasn't real comfortable with my swim training anyway leading up to it and the only pool I can train at here closed the last 2 weeks before the race.  Lightning hit the facility and knocked everything out.  So, no training at all in the pool the last two weeks.  They had a 1.5 mile run on the beach, then a 15 mile bike then a standard 5K.  Did it with a partner and we really pushed each other through the initial run and bike.  Kicked ass on the ride.  Then on the 5K, I started cramping in my calves.  I limped and gimped through that course.  I think I didn't fully grasp the concept of hydration prior to doing something like that.

Unless you head to a lake or river that has rough conditions, its hard to simulate the swim for a Tri. I trained in a 50 yd pool for 6 months and it still was a shock in the actual race. Like swimming in a washing machine with sharks on the agitation cycle. I got bumped and kicked so much. It was by far the most grueling of the 3 events and the shortest. Very intense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #586 on: August 03, 2012, 11:22:15 AM »
Unless you head to a lake or river that has rough conditions, its hard to simulate the swim for a Tri. I trained in a 50 yd pool for 6 months and it still was a shock in the actual race. Like swimming in a washing machine with sharks on the agitation cycle. I got bumped and kicked so much. It was by far the most grueling of the 3 events and the shortest. Very intense.

I did train a couple of times at Lake Eufaula.  The water was churned up pretty good with all the boats and I had the wife stay by me on the jet ski.  When the pool closed, I went back up to Eufaula to our cabin.  I was going to get a swim in. There was NO ONE on the lake...or at the lake.  It was eerily quiet and still.  I swam across the slew once and back and got my dumb ass out of the water and went home. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #587 on: August 05, 2012, 11:05:40 PM »
Shit.

Carbs are my enemy.  It's not that I think they are evil, they're just my personal devil. 

I watched the Alton Brown Good Eats episode recently where he discusses how he lost so much weight.  He said that milk was the devil on his shoulder.  He realized that whenever he drank milk, he usually was eating something unhealthy and usually too much of it.  So he decided to cut out milk to help him overcome other parts of his unhealthy diet.

For me?  It's carbs (from bread, not fruits and beans), and it's been officially proven tonight.  We got out of the evening church service and didn't want to go home and cook.  Stopped at Newk's, and I thought I would get a salad, but I had a big salad for lunch and didn't want another one.  So, I ordered the bbq chicken pizza and told myself to only eat two slices and be done with it.

I ate the whole pizza.  Then, afterwards, even though I was pissed at myself, spent a good five minutes convincing my wife that we needed Yogurt Mountain.  And then, I got way more yogurt than necessary and topped it off with a bunch of candy and ate all of it. 

I can't eat carbs.  They're done in my life. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Token

« Reply #588 on: August 06, 2012, 10:11:59 AM »
Shit.

Carbs are my enemy.  It's not that I think they are evil, they're just my personal devil. 

I watched the Alton Brown Good Eats episode recently where he discusses how he lost so much weight.  He said that milk was the devil on his shoulder.  He realized that whenever he drank milk, he usually was eating something unhealthy and usually too much of it.  So he decided to cut out milk to help him overcome other parts of his unhealthy diet.

For me?  It's carbs (from bread, not fruits and beans), and it's been officially proven tonight.  We got out of the evening church service and didn't want to go home and cook.  Stopped at Newk's, and I thought I would get a salad, but I had a big salad for lunch and didn't want another one.  So, I ordered the bbq chicken pizza and told myself to only eat two slices and be done with it.

I ate the whole pizza.  Then, afterwards, even though I was pissed at myself, spent a good five minutes convincing my wife that we needed Yogurt Mountain.  And then, I got way more yogurt than necessary and topped it off with a bunch of candy and ate all of it. 

Mine was soft drinks.  In January I decided that I was only going to drink water and coke zero to knock out extra calories I didn't need.  From Jan through the end of April I had only lost 7 pounds.  Not happy with it.  I then decided that I was finished with everything but water.  It was hard at first, but when I finally was able to kick all forms of sugar drinks, I found it much easier to stay away from bad food.  It seemed when I drank a sugar drink, even a drink with a sugar supplement, I was more prone to eat bad stuff. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #589 on: August 06, 2012, 02:22:30 PM »
Shit.

They are ok, just the right kind.

Unfortunately, most of the carbs you get in public eating places are cheap/bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #590 on: August 06, 2012, 02:47:47 PM »
They are ok, just the right kind.

Unfortunately, most of the carbs you get in public eating places are cheap/bad.

I have nothing against people eating carbs.  I just can't eat them right now - and probably for a while.

I have a problem.  It's a problem that causes me to eat 18 cookies in one sitting.  It's a problem that causes me to eat an entire pizza (10' from Newk's) in one sitting and still crave a carb loaded dessert.  It's a problem causes me to eat half of a box worth of pasta whenever I make italian food.

I don't know what to call it, but for some reason, if I start eating carbs?  I don't stop even if I'm in the middle of an awesome two weeks of eating healthy and exercise.  If I don't take that first bite, I'm fine. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #591 on: August 06, 2012, 02:50:30 PM »
I have nothing against people eating carbs.  I just can't eat them right now - and probably for a while.

I have a problem.  It's a problem that causes me to eat 18 cookies in one sitting.  It's a problem that causes me to eat an entire pizza (10' from Newk's) in one sitting and still crave a carb loaded dessert.  It's a problem causes me to eat half of a box worth of pasta whenever I make italian food.

I don't know what to call it, but for some reason, if I start eating carbs?  I don't stop even if I'm in the middle of an awesome two weeks of eating healthy and exercise.  If I don't take that first bite, I'm fine.

Try something that will curb your sweet tooth. Something like Citrimax or Chromium. Sounds like you are getting a delayed response (or none at all) from your pancreas in re: to your insulin levels (to tell you youve had enough sugar). And sadly, high Fructose Corn Syrup does this to us. It may taste similar but our pancreas doesn't recognize it and adjust accordingly with insulin like it does normal cane sugar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #592 on: August 06, 2012, 04:05:31 PM »
If you get a chance and one is in our area do a mudrun-They have them in 6 and 12 miles-with all kind of obstacles and alot of mud and water. No time limit and it is pretty fun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #593 on: August 06, 2012, 04:07:52 PM »
If you get a chance and one is in our area do a mudrun-They have them in 6 and 12 miles-with all kind of obstacles and alot of mud and water. No time limit and it is pretty fun.

They do those in most of the lower 48 during Spring and Summer. Heck I think Auburn has 2-3 every year. One is out at the Equestrian Center.

Check this out:

http://www.warriordash.com/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #594 on: August 07, 2012, 10:49:58 AM »
I finally got sirius this week again...
Back down to 210 this morning after a weekend of birthday eating. 

199 here I come!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #595 on: August 07, 2012, 11:01:20 AM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned here -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

This is a good website for tracking calories.  I don't like it so much for tracking burned calories during exercise. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #596 on: August 08, 2012, 10:30:34 PM »
I think I ate 1500 calories for dinner.

That was a few hours after I truly noticed a change in my physique. 

Fuck me. 

But tomorrow's a new day!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #597 on: August 13, 2012, 01:05:38 AM »
45 pounds down so far took this picture last night. I didn't look as fat so I thought I would share.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #598 on: August 13, 2012, 06:40:46 AM »
That's awesome! 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #599 on: August 14, 2012, 02:38:02 PM »
45 pounds down so far took this picture last night. I didn't look as fat so I thought I would share.

I'd weight less too if I didn't have a head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'