Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #560 on: July 31, 2012, 04:11:45 PM »
Preggers, Fried Chicken and Mexican? Can't be a pretty site down there at the moment.

That is what she craves but not what she can have.  Gestational diabetes makes her keep an eye on what she eats.  She will splurge from time to time, but if she could, every meal would be fried catfish, chimichanga's, popeyes chicken, ribeye, pasta salad, some sort of bread and something sweet. Without hesitation.   

There was a reason I gained 50lbs with child number one.  All we ever ate was Big Macs, Chinese, chocolate chip cookies and cheesecake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #561 on: July 31, 2012, 05:49:23 PM »
I was talking to a friend last night about signing up for the Panther Run.  It's a 5K obstacle run/slosh in September.

Anyone ever participated in one?

I haven't but it sounds like fun.  I'm in if any of you fuckers want to do it too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #562 on: July 31, 2012, 11:01:31 PM »
Child one, she craved Big Macs, fried catfish, Chinese and sweets.  This one she is craving, fried catfish, steak, fried chicken, Mexican and sweets.

Is that where she went?  Your wife ate her?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #563 on: August 01, 2012, 09:31:30 AM »
I haven't but it sounds like fun.  I'm in if any of you fuckers want to do it too.

How did your other one go?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #564 on: August 01, 2012, 11:26:39 AM »
So I'm back on track yesterday.  Eatin' the protein, slammin' the water...got back in the gym after almost a week off to let some old creaky body parts heal up.  Come home...

BAM!!!  Country fried steak, mashed potatoes, biscuits...
I gotta' get the wife back to work or I'm gonna' weigh 375 by Christmas.  But, Lawdy it was good!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #565 on: August 01, 2012, 01:31:15 PM »
Go on....

In swimming its mostly about your technique and breathing. Once you get rhythmic breathing down pat, you are good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #566 on: August 01, 2012, 03:31:16 PM »
How did your other one go?

You making fun of me now?  I stated how my first one went earlier in the thread and stated that I needed some work.  I'm still running and improving my run time.  This one just seemed like it might be fun because it will be more of a cross country type of 5k.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #567 on: August 01, 2012, 03:35:42 PM »

I am seriously considering doing it.  I'm just not sure how to effectively train for something like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #568 on: August 01, 2012, 03:39:46 PM »
You making fun of me now?  I stated how my first one went earlier in the thread and stated that I needed some work.  I'm still running and improving my run time.  This one just seemed like it might be fun because it will be more of a cross country type of 5k.

Of course he is making fun of you.  You're from Cullman.    :)

I hit the treadmill today and managed to not die.  If I don't die, I think I might make it through the 9 weeks.  A guy here at work is a running coach and has helped me work up a modified couch to 5K using the treadmill so I can run at work.  Before too long he wants us to run outside some.  I dread that pavement and concrete. 

I did push on Monday and got in 3.1 miles.  I will not say how long it took, but I think I can get a point before the end of the year where I won't be too embarrassed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #569 on: August 01, 2012, 03:46:44 PM »
I am seriously considering doing it.  I'm just not sure how to effectively train for something like that.

At the Parks & Rec. track here, a 5K track, they have stations every so often where you can stop and do pull-ups, sit-ups etc.  At my gym, there are a variety of classes that I'm in and out of.  They've started incorporating more of a crossfit type workout.  Not true crossfit but some of the same principles.  They start with a lot of cardio work with jumping jacks, up/downs, punches...and then they'll run in groups out the back door and around the building to the front.  There will be jump ropes, 10-20 pound balls that they squat with, small hurdles to jump...waiting on them.  They run back through the gym and stop to do a variety of pull-ups.  Back to the class room to start the cycle again.

A lot more to it but you get the idea. Constant motion using a mix of cardio, strength and flexibility training. If you have access to a gym with these type classes, that's as good a way as any to train for the type race you're talking about.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #570 on: August 01, 2012, 03:52:36 PM »
At the Parks & Rec. track here, a 5K track, they have stations every so often where you can stop and do pull-ups, sit-ups etc.  At my gym, there are a variety of classes that I'm in and out of.  They've started incorporating more of a crossfit type workout.  Not true crossfit but some of the same principles.  They start with a lot of cardio work with jumping jacks, up/downs, punches...and then they'll run in groups out the back door and around the building to the front.  There will be jump ropes, 10-20 pound balls that they squat with, small hurdles to jump...waiting on them.  They run back through the gym and stop to do a variety of pull-ups.  Back to the class room to start the cycle again.

A lot more to it but you get the idea. Constant motion using a mix of cardio, strength and flexibility training. If you have access to a gym with these type classes, that's as good a way as any to train for the type race you're talking about.   

Maybe I'll start by taking my 100lb Lab for a walk...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #571 on: August 01, 2012, 03:53:52 PM »
Maybe I'll start by taking my 100lb Lab for a walk...

Or there's that...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #572 on: August 01, 2012, 03:59:36 PM »
Cardio is my Kryptonite.  I can run a milie or two on the treadmill, or go the same distance on the elliptical...but anything more than that and I am down for the count.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #573 on: August 01, 2012, 04:10:41 PM »
Cardio is my Kryptonite.  I can run a milie or two on the treadmill, or go the same distance on the elliptical...but anything more than that and I am down for the count.

I'm feelin' ya' playa.  Cardio and me just don't get along.  I can't train one certain way to increase teh capacities.  For instance, if my choice was simply to put in the miles on the road...I'd just quit and say I'll stay plump and happy.  I'll run the track occasionally, do classes, hit the treadmill, run sprints (Very relative term) whatever to mix it up.  Some people are built to run.  Sounds like GH is that way.  I've never once got in "the zone" they talk about.  It hurts...every damn step of it. But, it's necessary.

I did one Sprint Triathlon a couple of years ago.  I know I didn't train properly for it because I hate running so much.  It was more the challenge and accomplishing something for me.  I did my share of running but tried to mix in other things because I couldn't constantly face the prospect of lugging my fat ass around that track again.  Consequently, I cramped up after the bike and that last 5K was living hell to get through.  I may not have a clue how to train properly for a race, whether 5K, triathlon or obstacle course...but I do have one iron-clad piece of advice.  Get a partner.  Get someone to do it with you and push each other and hold each other accountable. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #574 on: August 02, 2012, 04:11:42 PM »
Welp, blew the diet the past two meals.  Blazing Thai Beef with fried rice for dinner last night and drunken chicken noodles with spicy shrimp rolls.  God help me, but I love some Asian food.  Gonna have to go a little extra today.  :(
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #575 on: August 02, 2012, 04:14:13 PM »
Yeah I'm not feeling too hot either.  I didn't blow my diet by any means, but I thought italian sausage would be a good idea for the protein in a few meals.  Way too fatty. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Token

« Reply #576 on: August 02, 2012, 10:55:27 PM »
At 210, I've met my second goal.  Next up is 195, but damn it's getting hard.  I told myself I'd celebrate 210 with a totally unhealthy meal, but I ended up eating the speedy Gonzalez at Old Mexico with a water to drink.  Of course, I pounded the chips and salsa.  Maybe I won't be 215 in the morning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #577 on: August 03, 2012, 09:13:38 AM »
At 210, I've met my second goal.  Next up is 195, but damn it's getting hard.  I told myself I'd celebrate 210 with a totally unhealthy meal, but I ended up eating the speedy Gonzalez at Old Mexico with a water to drink.  Of course, I pounded the chips and salsa.  Maybe I won't be 215 in the morning.

199 is my next goal...sounds like you're going to get there before I do.  Keep up the good work!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #578 on: August 03, 2012, 09:20:31 AM »

Seriously didn't see it. I'll go back and look.

I'll be running with this guy tonight (below link).....kind of a PR thing to kick off the North Face Endurance Challenge this fall. Basically the first X number of people who RSVP'ed get to run a 10K with him and I was one of them that got in.  Should be fun, the guy is a legend.

http://www.ultramarathonman.com/web/

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #579 on: August 03, 2012, 09:24:28 AM »
I'm feelin' ya' playa.  Cardio and me just don't get along.  I can't train one certain way to increase teh capacities.  For instance, if my choice was simply to put in the miles on the road...I'd just quit and say I'll stay plump and happy.  I'll run the track occasionally, do classes, hit the treadmill, run sprints (Very relative term) whatever to mix it up.  Some people are built to run.  Sounds like GH is that way.  I've never once got in "the zone" they talk about.  It hurts...every damn step of it. But, it's necessary.

I did one Sprint Triathlon a couple of years ago.  I know I didn't train properly for it because I hate running so much.  It was more the challenge and accomplishing something for me.  I did my share of running but tried to mix in other things because I couldn't constantly face the prospect of lugging my fat ass around that track again.  Consequently, I cramped up after the bike and that last 5K was living hell to get through.  I may not have a clue how to train properly for a race, whether 5K, triathlon or obstacle course...but I do have one iron-clad piece of advice.  Get a partner.  Get someone to do it with you and push each other and hold each other accountable.

A Sprint Triathlon is such a bad name for the event too. It's far from a Sprint. It still takes 80-90% of the field an hour or longer to complete. 1/4 mile swim (7-10 mins), 12 mile bike (30-45 mins), 3.1 mile run (17-30 mins). Thats a lot of time elapsed. I always nail the swim and the run (Top 3) but do about middle of the pack for my age group on the bike. Ive always had inferior equipment for the biking part but just upgraded to a high dolla bike so hopefully that will change.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE