Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #540 on: July 31, 2012, 01:28:14 PM »
I finally said fuck it...I bought some HGH and I'm about to inject it directly into my penis arm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #541 on: July 31, 2012, 01:29:56 PM »
I finally said fuck it...I bought some HGH and I'm about to inject it directly into my penis arm.

Make sure and inject it on both sides right at the base.  Don't get it near your nutt sa......wait, I mean...let me know if it works.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #542 on: July 31, 2012, 02:05:39 PM »

Atta boy!  Doing it the old fashioned way!  I like!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #543 on: July 31, 2012, 02:09:54 PM »
Well, I managed to lose 3lbs over the weekend alone.  The bad part was that I had a stomach virus and it wasn't really the ideal weight loss regimen that I wanted to be on.

I did manage to get my fat ass on the treadmill to start week #2.  It went better than expected.  I can see where this program will work, but fear that starting about week #5, I may have to repeat a week before I fell comfortable to enough to run a full 5K without stopping.   Diet has stayed clean for the most part, I am dropping some weight, but more importantly, I am dropping inches.  Also, day #9 of no Alky-haul.  That helps tremendously.  Grilled Chicken, rice and steamed veggies don't really help when you kill off 8 to 10 cold brews or a few tumblers afterward.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #544 on: July 31, 2012, 02:10:14 PM »
Seriously, I need a volunteer to come tie me to the treadmill every night and set it on 7mph.  That will effectively keep me from hitting the kitchen 12 times a night to snack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #545 on: July 31, 2012, 02:11:29 PM »
The Red Bar in Grayton Beach has epically good french fries.  That is all.

I ate there for the first time back in June. Phenomenal restaurant and one that I will insist on every time we go to the beach in the future.

Their tuna dip is kick ass, and their fried grouper with fries was, as you said, epically good. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #546 on: July 31, 2012, 02:12:05 PM »
Well, I managed to lose 3lbs over the weekend alone.  The bad part was that I had a stomach virus and it wasn't really the ideal weight loss regimen that I wanted to be on.

I did manage to get my fat ass on the treadmill to start week #2.  It went better than expected.  I can see where this program will work, but fear that starting about week #5, I may have to repeat a week before I fell comfortable to enough to run a full 5K without stopping.   Diet has stayed clean for the most part, I am dropping some weight, but more importantly, I am dropping inches.  Also, day #9 of no Alky-haul.  That helps tremendously.  Grilled Chicken, rice and steamed veggies don't really help when you kill off 8 to 10 cold brews or a few tumblers afterward.

Eat lots of Mexican too, because having diarhea is a great way to lose a quick lb or 5.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #547 on: July 31, 2012, 02:16:33 PM »
Back to the diet:

Breakfast:

Two eggs
Half of an avocado
1 peach

Lunch:

2 cups fresh spinach sauteed down to about 3/4 cup.
1 handful of chickpeas
Some feta
Lots of red pepper flakes

1 sweet potato with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon

Dinner tonight is chicken slouvaki salad, which includes grilled chicken, grilled eggplant, grilled red peppers, grilled zucchini, feta, and tzatziki dip all over romaine lettuce

Snack options: Grapes, almonds, blueberries, greek yogurt with blueberries. 

Workout today:

2 mile dog walk
10 minute abs
Push ups 

I can honestly say that I've never felt better.  With these Olympics on TV and my new energy levels, I've been researching triathlons. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #548 on: July 31, 2012, 02:19:04 PM »
Back to the diet:

Breakfast:

Two eggs
Half of an avocado
1 peach

Lunch:

2 cups fresh spinach sauteed down to about 3/4 cup.
1 handful of chickpeas
Some feta
Lots of red pepper flakes

1 sweet potato with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon

Dinner tonight is chicken slouvaki salad, which includes grilled chicken, grilled eggplant, grilled red peppers, grilled zucchini, feta, and tzatziki dip all over romaine lettuce

Snack options: Grapes, almonds, blueberries, greek yogurt with blueberries. 

Workout today:

2 mile dog walk
10 minute abs
Push ups 

I can honestly say that I've never felt better.  With these Olympics on TV and my new energy levels, I've been researching triathlons.

Don't take this the wrong way or anything because most of your food choices sound great, but you have way more time than I to fix food. Sometimes your daily menu sounds like an episode of Top Chef. And expensive. I like the Greek stuff but damn they want a lot for it. BTW - the grilled zuchini teh roxxers when I have time to actually fix it.

Let me know if you are interested in the Triathlons. I do them often. (if you were being serious)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #549 on: July 31, 2012, 02:22:34 PM »
I was talking to a friend last night about signing up for the Panther Run.  It's a 5K obstacle run/slosh in September.

Anyone ever participated in one?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #550 on: July 31, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »
Don't take this the wrong way or anything because most of your food choices sound great, but you have way mote time than I to fix food. Sometimes your daily menu sounds like an episode of Top Chef. And expensive. I like the Greek stuff but damn they want a lot for it. BTW - the grilled zuchini teh roxxers when I have time to actually fix it.

Let me know if you are interested in the Triathlons. I do them often.

Well...I am a teacher and it's July.  So, uh, I have a little bit more time.

But really, nothing I've made takes that much time.  The eggs cook in five minutes.  How long does it take to slice an avocado? 

Put the potato in the microwave for nine minutes.

Spinach comes out of the bag into a hot pan with a little water.  Sauteed for about five minutes at the most.  Chickpeas come out of can into the pan.  While the spinach is cooking, chop the feta.  Toss on the feta.  Eat spinach.  By the time you're done, the potato is ready.

Now the slouvaki took a while to make, and it was a bit expensive (about $25 total).  However, my wife and I will both get three meals out of it.  Dinner last night, dinner tonight, and lunch tomorrow. 

Further, a lot of this can be made ahead of time.  You can do a few potatoes in advance and eat them over a few days.  The spinach can also be done in advanced or in the microwave.  You can also hard boil multiple eggs at one time, and they'll keep in the fridge for a few days. 

But I understand.  Once work starts back, I'll forget how easy and healthy all of this is, and I'll resort right back to eating granola bars and other poisonous, processed chemical products that make me feel like shit.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #551 on: July 31, 2012, 02:25:18 PM »

Let me know if you are interested in the Triathlons. I do them often. (if you were being serious)

I'll get back to you later. 

I can't swim right now.  My wife is a fish, and she's been helping me this summer.  I can do the length of the pool right now with fairly good technique.  It kind of falls apart after that, but hopefully I can get a membership to a pool this fall and get more practice in. 

But until then, I'll have to work on running and cycling if I get my bike fixed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #552 on: July 31, 2012, 02:31:18 PM »
I was talking to a friend last night about signing up for the Panther Run.  It's a 5K obstacle run/slosh in September.

Anyone ever participated in one?

Have not.  I've got several friends who do the Tough Mudder" races all the time. A good bit longer and I believe they do it in teams.  I think the last one they did was 11 miles.  Of course, Cross Fit has become the rage in recent years.  A lot of those gyms have been opening up around here lately.  They had a regional competition here in Dothan a few weeks back and I went to it to check it out. The intensity and obvious dedication is addicting.  Makes me want to give it a shot.  However, I hope I'm smart enough now to realize I'd just be asking for trouble.  I'd herniate my dick or something in the first week. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #553 on: July 31, 2012, 02:37:36 PM »
THS, The Red Bar is one of the coolest places on earth to me.  The only thing that's changed about the decor is they've recently put more duct tape on the booth seats.  For those that haven't been, they have a very limited dinner menu.  They bring out a chalk board with about 6-7 items on it.  Can't go wrong with any of them.  If you go in the evening any time from Spring through summer....go early.  It's popular.  The same people opened Louie Louie's out on 98 just before you hit Destin.  Basically the same menu. 

We were at Red Bar yesterday for lunch.  Blackened Mahi sammich and fries with cold Sweetwater 420 on draft.  Not on the diet but hey...we were at The Red Bar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #554 on: July 31, 2012, 02:55:01 PM »
Eat lots of Mexican too, because having diarhea is a great way to lose a quick lb or 5.

Sunday conversation:

AUT1: Babe, what are you thinking for dinner.
Mrs. Preggers, Hormonal & Carzy AUT1: I don't know, what about you.
AUT1: Well, now that I am getting over this, I was thinking about a club from Applebees or something.
Mrs. Preggers, Hormonal & Crazy AUT1: I was thinking fish. **

**(Read: The doctor told her she could eat a little fish each month and all would be ok, local place has delicious fried catfish, as a matter of fact the whole menu is fried greasy goodness.)

AUT1:  Oh, ok.  Sounds good. **

**(Read, didn't want to deal with the argument and the emotional, crazy, preggers woman. All the while thinking, Really!? Damn woman! Damn! Love you too dammit!)

I stayed up half the night with the same effects as eating Mexican food.  The grease killed me.  I picked at my plate and I usually devour it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #555 on: July 31, 2012, 03:08:46 PM »
Well...I am a teacher and it's July.  So, uh, I have a little bit more time.

But really, nothing I've made takes that much time.  The eggs cook in five minutes.  How long does it take to slice an avocado? 

Put the potato in the microwave for nine minutes.

Spinach comes out of the bag into a hot pan with a little water.  Sauteed for about five minutes at the most.  Chickpeas come out of can into the pan.  While the spinach is cooking, chop the feta.  Toss on the feta.  Eat spinach.  By the time you're done, the potato is ready.

Now the slouvaki took a while to make, and it was a bit expensive (about $25 total).  However, my wife and I will both get three meals out of it.  Dinner last night, dinner tonight, and lunch tomorrow. 

Further, a lot of this can be made ahead of time.  You can do a few potatoes in advance and eat them over a few days.  The spinach can also be done in advanced or in the microwave.  You can also hard boil multiple eggs at one time, and they'll keep in the fridge for a few days. 

But I understand.  Once work starts back, I'll forget how easy and healthy all of this is, and I'll resort right back to eating granola bars and other poisonous, processed chemical products that make me feel like shit.   

Ah, forgot you were off for the Summer. Bastard.

BTW there are some good granola bars out there. Cascadian Farms makes a real good non processed one. I like the Nature Valley stuff too. I eat them before races.

If you eat good food like you post and weigh 161 lbs, you could be doing 50 laps (1 lap = 50 yards) non stop in a couple of months. Serious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #556 on: July 31, 2012, 03:13:07 PM »

If you eat good food like you post and weigh 161 lbs, you could be doing 50 laps (1 lap = 50 yards) non stop in a couple of months. Serious.

Go on....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #557 on: July 31, 2012, 03:30:30 PM »
Sunday conversation:

AUT1: Babe, what are you thinking for dinner.
Mrs. Preggers, Hormonal & Carzy AUT1: I don't know, what about you.
AUT1: Well, now that I am getting over this, I was thinking about a club from Applebees or something.
Mrs. Preggers, Hormonal & Crazy AUT1: I was thinking fish. **

**(Read: The doctor told her she could eat a little fish each month and all would be ok, local place has delicious fried catfish, as a matter of fact the whole menu is fried greasy goodness.)

AUT1:  Oh, ok.  Sounds good. **

**(Read, didn't want to deal with the argument and the emotional, crazy, preggers woman. All the while thinking, Really!? Damn woman! Damn! Love you too dammit!)

I stayed up half the night with the same effects as eating Mexican food.  The grease killed me.  I picked at my plate and I usually devour it.

My wife had morning sickness 24/7/9months.  It was god awful.  But as soon as child 1, 2, or 3 was expelled it went away, like immediately.  I was cracking up after kid #3, we were in the hospital and she called down to the cafeteria to get some food (7am)

"Yes, I'd like to order the waffles, two eggs scrambled....well can I get the bacon AND the sausage?  Ok...do you have any cereal?  Rice Krispies...Whole milk please....and orange juice.  Do you have any melon?....I'll take the fruit bowl...30 minutes?  Ok"

"Honey, they said it would be 30 minutes.  Can you go down to Chick-fil-a?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #558 on: July 31, 2012, 03:50:16 PM »
My wife had morning sickness 24/7/9months.  It was god awful.  But as soon as child 1, 2, or 3 was expelled it went away, like immediately.  I was cracking up after kid #3, we were in the hospital and she called down to the cafeteria to get some food (7am)

"Yes, I'd like to order the waffles, two eggs scrambled....well can I get the bacon AND the sausage?  Ok...do you have any cereal?  Rice Krispies...Whole milk please....and orange juice.  Do you have any melon?....I'll take the fruit bowl...30 minutes?  Ok"

"Honey, they said it would be 30 minutes.  Can you go down to Chick-fil-a?"

Child one, she craved Big Macs, fried catfish, Chinese and sweets.  This one she is craving, fried catfish, steak, fried chicken, Mexican and sweets.

God forbid if I fire up the smoker though.  She has to sit inside the whole time. The smell of the hickory burning makes her sick, but she will eat the hell out of the BBQ, ribs, brisket or chicken once it has been pulled from the smoker and ready to feast on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #559 on: July 31, 2012, 03:57:02 PM »
Child one, she craved Big Macs, fried catfish, Chinese and sweets.  This one she is craving, fried catfish, steak, fried chicken, Mexican and sweets.

God forbid if I fire up the smoker though.  She has to sit inside the whole time. The smell of the hickory burning makes her sick, but she will eat the hell out of the BBQ, ribs, brisket or chicken once it has been pulled from the smoker and ready to feast on.

Preggers, Fried Chicken and Mexican? Can't be a pretty site down there at the moment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE