Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #480 on: July 15, 2012, 11:41:14 PM »
Just bought a straight to ale t-shirt thanks for posting.

Awesome.  They get my support.  They are local, make outstanding brews and are really friendly folks if you see them out at the brewfest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Token

« Reply #481 on: July 16, 2012, 12:02:10 AM »
Not to break up the brewfest, but damn I had a good workout tonight.  Probably the best I've had since I've started trying to lose.  Of course, it's only because I had enough energy and stamina to finish strong, but damn it feels good to get it done. 

Hoping to be at 210 within the next two weeks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #482 on: July 16, 2012, 12:03:32 AM »
Not to break up the brewfest, but damn I had a good workout tonight.  Probably the best I've had since I've started trying to lose.  Of course, it's only because I had enough energy and stamina to finish strong, but damn it feels good to get it done. 

Hoping to be at 210 within the next two weeks.
If I ever get to 220 I'll post a picture with my shirt off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Token

« Reply #483 on: July 16, 2012, 12:07:54 AM »

I'm going to find a good pic of my at my max weight to post. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #484 on: July 16, 2012, 12:10:40 AM »

You'll make VV stroke out
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #485 on: July 16, 2012, 12:12:57 AM »
If I can get below 200, I may post a nekkid pic...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

« Reply #486 on: July 16, 2012, 12:22:17 AM »
If I can get below 200, I may post a nekkid pic...
But I've already....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #487 on: July 16, 2012, 12:46:33 AM »
Good work Token!  Started off the week (9th) weighing in at 215, weighed in this morning at 213.  If  can lose 2 a week then I will take it.  I could have done a little cleaner eating this week, but will take 2lbs all week, every week.  To get to my goal of 200 it would only take me 6 more weeks.  I can handle that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #488 on: July 16, 2012, 10:01:10 AM »
I forgot about that one.  I was thinking Terrapin Hopzilla Imperial IPA.  It makes me sad they ran out of Monks Revenge. 

I don't count them, therefore they are not there.

The Terrapin Super IPA is called Hopsecutioner.  It's really good and has a cool label.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #489 on: July 16, 2012, 01:21:26 PM »
The Terrapin Super IPA is called Hopsecutioner.  It's really good and has a cool label.

It's good, I would rather have the Monks Revenge.  When he said Hopzilla, I was a thinking the Imperial IPA and was going to be a little jealous that he has had it.  I don't know that anyone around here got any of it in stock. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #490 on: July 17, 2012, 12:28:15 AM »
Forgive me, Lord.  I have sinned.

Let's just say that over the last five days, the healthiest food I ate was biscuits and gravy.

Oh, and by the way.  Fried chicken and waffles is a delicious combination.  As are croissant rolls stuffed with cream cheese and crab.  And carrot cake battles well against chocolate cheesecake, but tiramisu made right always wins hands down. 

My wife's family reunions are fattening. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #491 on: July 17, 2012, 02:07:04 AM »
Forgive me, Lord.  I have sinned.

Let's just say that over the last five days, the healthiest food I ate was biscuits and gravy.

Oh, and by the way.  Fried chicken and waffles is a delicious combination.  As are croissant rolls stuffed with cream cheese and crab.  And carrot cake battles well against chocolate cheesecake, but tiramisu made right always wins hands down. 

My wife's family reunions are fattening.

No, seriously, you have to have weeks like that or you will go insane.  Just hit it hard for the remainder of this week and all next week to make up for it.

I have had a good day.  45 minutes + Rob Zombie = AUT1 making the elliptical his bitch.  I went on level 5 of 10.  I decided today that I needed to add the extra 15 minutes so I dropped two levels.  When I got home from work I walked /jogged 1.8 miles before I decided to help a neighbor put a K&N filter on his new Tahoe.  I jogged a little over half a mile and he walked out to stop me and ask me for help.  So I feel like I did enough today.  Clean eating too!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #492 on: July 17, 2012, 09:10:49 AM »
Anyone ever tried crossfit?  I worked out with some coaches from a local highschool last night.  They have been doing their own version of crossfit this summer, and let me tell you, I've never got more out of an hour workout.  Holy shit that is a good workout.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #493 on: July 17, 2012, 09:14:24 AM »
Anyone ever tried crossfit?  I worked out with some coaches from a local highschool last night.  They have been doing their own version of crossfit this summer, and let me tell you, I've never got more out of an hour workout.  Holy shit that is a good workout.
I tried to flip a tire over yesterday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #494 on: July 17, 2012, 10:01:01 AM »

Honestly? Crossfit is another in a long line of fads. Crossfit, Insanity, p90X, Jane Fonda's Dance Workout complete with Leg Warmers, Soloflex, Vibrating Belt Treadmill thingee, Buns of Steel, Thingmaster, Ab Master 9000 XL, Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies , etc etc fucking etc. Seriously, when all these were "sold", they all have one thing in common: its the BEST thing yet and you can't live without it. They'll proceed to tell you how it's so different and so much better than conventional methods right? The main objective from the inventors of these "systems" is to sell it. And I admit they do market them well, including the token (no pun intended) before and after pics of "REAL PEOPLE!!" If they truly only cared about your health and well being, it would be free or at least cost a lot less. And if they just wanted to cover the cost to get it out to market, it wouldn't be 100's of dollars a pop.

They prey on people who need or are really looking for a change or who exercise very little currently. People do the "system" and they do feel better, but in reality anything you subject your body to that is "different" is gonna make you sore and eventually feel better physically. Going all out in swimming or running is still going to burn more calories and keep you at anaerobic level better than anything, and they stand the test of time. CrossFit is just the World's Strongest Man with cardio mixed in and the people are leaner. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #495 on: July 17, 2012, 11:17:00 AM »
Honestly? Crossfit is another in a long line of fads. Crossfit, Insanity, p90X, Jane Fonda's Dance Workout complete with Leg Warmers, Soloflex, Vibrating Belt Treadmill thingee, Buns of Steel, Thingmaster, Ab Master 9000 XL, Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies , etc etc fudgeing etc. Seriously, when all these were "sold", they all have one thing in common: its the BEST thing yet and you can't live without it. They'll proceed to tell you how it's so different and so much better than conventional methods right? The main objective from the inventors of these "systems" is to sell it. And I admit they do market them well, including the token (no pun intended) before and after pics of "REAL PEOPLE!!" If they truly only cared about your health and well being, it would be free or at least cost a lot less. And if they just wanted to cover the cost to get it out to market, it wouldn't be 100's of dollars a pop.

They prey on people who need or are really looking for a change or who exercise very little currently. People do the "system" and they do feel better, but in reality anything you subject your body to that is "different" is gonna make you sore and eventually feel better physically. Going all out in swimming or running is still going to burn more calories and keep you at anaerobic level better than anything, and they stand the test of time. CrossFit is just the World's Strongest Man with cardio mixed in and the people are leaner.

Yeah, but the thing about a lot of these are that they are more fun for a lot of people than just going out and running.  I like the idea of CrossFit in that you are doing it with a group and have a coach.  Maybe can even turn it into a competition.  I know that dragging my ass out to run or bike sucks, but a buddy of mine calls me to go play some pickup ball and I'll be there in a sec, it's not as good of a workout but I'll be a lot more interested.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #496 on: July 17, 2012, 11:37:59 AM »
Yeah, but the thing about a lot of these are that they are more fun for a lot of people than just going out and running.  I like the idea of CrossFit in that you are doing it with a group and have a coach.  Maybe can even turn it into a competition.  I know that dragging my ass out to run or bike sucks, but a buddy of mine calls me to go play some pickup ball and I'll be there in a sec, it's not as good of a workout but I'll be a lot more interested.

Why I liked and still do P90X.  I hate Tony Horton and I select to do the workouts with only the instructions and not him blabbering, but it's something different every day and then two weeks later he mixes up the days that you do certain things.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #497 on: July 17, 2012, 12:17:12 PM »
just stuffed my mouth with 2 hash browns, lg. iced coffee and 3 sausage burritos from mcdonald's. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #498 on: July 17, 2012, 01:16:10 PM »
just stuffed my mouth with 2 hash browns, lg. iced coffee and 3 sausage burritos from mcdonald's.

Comfort food
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #499 on: July 17, 2012, 01:39:34 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin