Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #440 on: July 13, 2012, 08:30:31 AM »
I am trying to give up on some of those places you mention but if I am in Bham......... I am stopping at Milos.

FYI...their grilled chicken sammich is the awesome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #441 on: July 13, 2012, 08:52:51 AM »
FYI...their grilled chicken sammich is the awesome.

Yeah.......If I go to Milos, it's a #4 with sweet tea. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #442 on: July 13, 2012, 09:24:10 AM »
I hurt all over
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #443 on: July 13, 2012, 09:26:50 AM »
My weakness is Jacks.  It's a sentimental thing to me. When I was a kid living in Anniston there was no McDonald's or BK.  There was Irbys, Goal Post, KFC and Jacks.

Jacks was the Cousin Cliff Show and hot apple pies.  My grandma took me there and I always got two regular burgers, fries, a pie and a vanilla shake. Dipped my fries in the shake.

Was on the Cousin Cliff show twice for birthday parties. 

Then they started doing fried chicken. And it was good. 

And biscuits. 

I love Jacks. 

Glad there are no franchises south of Montgomery or north of Huntsville.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #444 on: July 13, 2012, 09:36:37 AM »
My weakness is Jacks.  It's a sentimental thing to me. When I was a kid living in Anniston there was no McDonald's or BK.  There was Irbys, Goal Post, KFC and Jacks.

Jacks was the Cousin Cliff Show and hot apple pies.  My grandma took me there and I always got two regular burgers, fries, a pie and a vanilla shake. Dipped my fries in the shake.

Was on the Cousin Cliff show twice for birthday parties. 

Then they started doing fried chicken. And it was good. 

And biscuits. 

I love Jacks. 

Glad there are no franchises south of Montgomery or north of Huntsville.

Hear! Hear! I love Jack's. Only place they had it was in Clanton when I visited family. Now when I drive to the hunting club there is one on the way. I start drooling miles away knowing that I get to stop in. I guess it is just different. They have a good breakfast also. But if you go to breakfast, be prepared for the bingo crowd.  Usually they have great folks working there.

My great Aunt died several years ago in Clanton. Her daily thing was Jack's. That is where all of her friends met each morning. They all sat in the same seats and just enjoyed the twilight years. When she pass away form cancer at around age 80, the Jack's workers showed up with her chair and sat it beside the casket. Sounds corny, but in today's rat race, it was nice to see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #445 on: July 13, 2012, 10:07:26 AM »
Jacks is legit for sure.  I like it and whatever they sprinkle on those fries.....wow.   My weakness around here at work is Mei Wei Asian Bistro, Papa Gyro's, Jersey Mikes, Lenny's, Sun Cafe, Little Tony's, Schnitzel Ranch and Tenders.  We hit those places up a good bit.  We don't do fast food.  If we want or need something fast we do Subway.  Even at home we don't do the fast food thing much.  It cost the wife, mini-me, and myself $18 the last time we went to BK.  We can go to local Mexican place, sit down, chill out and it cost us $25 for the 3.  No brainer.

$25 to sit in a little Mexican place, quiet for the most part, no kids fighting over kids meal toys >>>>>> $18 in a nasty restaurant dining area with other kids running around.

I hurt all over

Speaking of........This has been a good week.  I have managed to do some sort of cardio everyday this week but one.  I will make up for that by getting up and out tomorrow.  I am sore as hell right now though.   Now, if I can just lay off the beer and the burrrbinz, then I am going to make it.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #446 on: July 13, 2012, 10:28:33 AM »
Fershur.  Picked up a bottle of the Jefferson's last night.  The bottle I bought for the 4th bit the dust Wednesday night. 

Bottom line is I'm going to stay on this program for about 2 more weeks then I'm on to something else. Love the results but damn, this is too much work and I'm actually tired of eating.  Did I mention I hurt all over?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #447 on: July 13, 2012, 11:14:43 AM »
I like it and whatever they sprinkle on those fries.....wow.   

For the record, it's a type of popcorn seasoning.  I know a guy who owns a franchise.

Either way, I've lost what I gained on vacation, and am making progress again.  Was able to run 2 miles on the treadmill last night at 6.7 mph without stopping.  I could hardly move after, but damn it felt good being able to run that far without a walking break.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #448 on: July 13, 2012, 11:40:08 AM »
Taking the first step. 

Tired of being tired. 

As of last week I've banned myself from the following establishments forever (I hope). 

McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Arby's, Hardees, Zaxby's, Guthries, DQ, Milos, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Sonic, all chinese buffets. 

I left KFC on the approved list but ONLY for grilled chicken with corn and green beans. 

Also left Chick Fil A on the approved list but ONLY for grilled chicken sandwich (no waffle fries) or chicken salad. 

Had been working out and doing pretty well but I spent some time in the hospital and then another six or eight weeks trying to recover and it completely ruined me.  Completely.  All I was able to do was sleep and eat.  Damn.

No wonder you felt bad.

Although I will add something about Chick Fil A: even their fried stuff is ok. They use peanut oil which is much healthier than lard/shortening or vegetable oil that most things are fried in. Its not quite as healthy as olive oil, but overall its still very good. So eat that fried sandwich at CFA if you wish, it's not gonna make or break anything the way they cook it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #449 on: July 13, 2012, 11:49:35 AM »
I just ate a protein bar.  Mmmm.... protein bar
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #450 on: July 13, 2012, 12:13:48 PM »
Fershur.  Picked up a bottle of the Jefferson's last night.  The bottle I bought for the 4th bit the dust Wednesday night. 

Bottom line is I'm going to stay on this program for about 2 more weeks then I'm on to something else. Love the results but damn, this is too much work and I'm actually tired of eating.  Did I mention I hurt all over?

When it comes to food I am solid.  I can eat what I am supposed to and I don't deviate from that too much.  For the most part I can do some sort of workout and keep with it. It's the beer and booze that get me.  I am at 214 right now.  I need to get back to 200 minimum.  I can do this, I know I can, anything after that is icing on the cake.

Most people lose weight during the summer time, they are out and more active, I am right the opposite.  I drink more during the summer and tend to do less b/c of the heat.  In the winter is when I tend to lose more of my weight. 

You hurt b/c you are old.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #451 on: July 13, 2012, 12:15:39 PM »
I just ate a protein bar.  Mmmm.... protein bar

i just ate a twix with a handful of m and m's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #452 on: July 13, 2012, 12:18:28 PM »
For the record, it's a type of popcorn seasoning.  I know a guy who owns a franchise.

Either way, I've lost what I gained on vacation, and am making progress again.  Was able to run 2 miles on the treadmill last night at 6.7 mph without stopping.  I could hardly move after, but damn it felt good being able to run that far without a walking break.

Find out what type and tell us.  I need to keep it in stock at the house.  It is great.

Good job on the running.  I went a whole whopping 7 minutes last night before I decided that I wanted to die.  My legs cramped, I started coughing (damn you cigars) and then I felt like shit for an hour.  After that I felt good.  I don't know how far I went, didn't care, I just want to get to that point where I can jog for 15 to 20 minutes without stopping.  Last night after I was done I kept telling myself "fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life".  I almost convinced myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #453 on: July 13, 2012, 12:22:38 PM »
Find out what type and tell us.  I need to keep it in stock at the house.  It is great.

Good job on the running.  I went a whole whopping 7 minutes last night before I decided that I wanted to die.  My legs cramped, I started coughing (damn you cigars) and then I felt like shit for an hour.  After that I felt good.  I don't know how far I went, didn't care, I just want to get to that point where I can jog for 15 to 20 minutes without stopping.  Last night after I was done I kept telling myself "fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life".  I almost convinced myself.

And I'm old?  Damn son, you need to stop this mamby pamby shit right now. Go home and say 5 Hail Tony's and get in downward dog position for your punishment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #454 on: July 13, 2012, 12:32:21 PM »
And I'm old?  Damn son, you need to stop this mamby pamby shit right now. Go home and say 5 Hail Tony's and get in downward dog position for your punishment.

I'm just out of shape and can fix that, you are old and that can't be fixed. 

I used to be on the cover of Downward Dog Magazine!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #455 on: July 13, 2012, 12:36:04 PM »

You're a cold hearted snake there Ms. Abdul
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #456 on: July 13, 2012, 01:08:20 PM »
You're a cold hearted snake there Ms. Abdul

I keed, I keed, it's what I do, no?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #457 on: July 13, 2012, 01:39:07 PM »

That's gonna leave a mark.

Tomorrow is my 5k then it's off to Ft. Stewart for a week.  No problems with running while at Stewart but I follow that up with a vacation at teh beach. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #458 on: July 13, 2012, 01:48:05 PM »

Good job on the running.  I went a whole whopping 7 minutes last night before I decided that I wanted to die.  My legs cramped, I started coughing (damn you cigars) and then I felt like shoot for an hour.  After that I felt good.  I don't know how far I went, didn't care, I just want to get to that point where I can jog for 15 to 20 minutes without stopping.  Last night after I was done I kept telling myself "fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life".  I almost convinced myself.

Hey!  Next week, the Nook!  Let's get fat, drunk, and stupid!  Afterwords Krispy Kreme is just up the road.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #459 on: July 13, 2012, 01:52:51 PM »
Did you say Krispy Kreme?!?!?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.