Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #360 on: June 21, 2012, 07:46:24 PM »
Can you handle sardines? 

Get them in water.  Even if you don't like them, just wolf them down.  18 grams of protein.  High in B vitamins.  High in vitamin D and E.  Low in calories. 

Also, try:

Almonds
Hummus and use carrots and celery to dip
Green apples with goat cheese
Sunflower seeds
Frozen grapes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #361 on: June 21, 2012, 09:38:28 PM »
Get some sharp cheddar cheese sticks.  If you get a sweet tooth, just eat a spoonful of peanut butter.
Dill pickles are good too, except for the sodium...but that might subconsciously make you drink more water.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #362 on: June 21, 2012, 09:58:34 PM »
Can you handle sardines? 

Get them in water.  Even if you don't like them, just wolf them down.  18 grams of protein.  High in B vitamins.  High in vitamin D and E.  Low in calories. 

Also, try:

Almonds
Sunflower seeds
Frozen grapes

Love sardines, only problem is that I tend to eat half a sleeve of saltines and two beers with them while I'm sitting on some riverbank.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Token

« Reply #363 on: June 22, 2012, 03:12:58 PM »
Get some sharp cheddar cheese sticks.  If you get a sweet tooth, just eat a spoonful of peanut butter.
Dill pickles are good too, except for the sodium...but that might subconsciously make you drink more water.

Luckily, the sweet tooth isn't an issue.  Outside of sweet tea, it's never been an issue.  I like beef jerky with cheese stick, but that shit will break you as a snack.

Can you handle sardines? 

Also, try:

Almonds
Sunflower seeds
Frozen grapes

Hate almonds, but love carrots plain.  Amazed that I haven't thought about getting a pack of carrots.  Also never tried frozen grapes.  Will check it out.  But fuck a sardine.  I'll have to be 300 pounds before I consider that avenue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #364 on: June 22, 2012, 03:57:47 PM »
I hit 221 this morning.  I'm running a mile before breakfast and 2 miles before dinner.  No breads, (I thought that would be much harder) no fast food and only water to drink.  No artificial sweeteners. 

I've picked up unsalted pistachios as a wonder snack to keep the hunger away, but I'm looking for more things.  I'm not really calorie counting, that's miserable in my opinion and makes it very hard to stay at it.  Really just trying to find better stuff to eat.  Suggestions?

I have found eating fruit right before I go to bed  (watermelon-Mango-pineapple) really helps cure the hunger pains for a big breakfast the following day and helps keep the plumbing flowing very regular.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #365 on: June 22, 2012, 04:02:31 PM »
Luckily, the sweet tooth isn't an issue.  Outside of sweet tea, it's never been an issue.  I like beef jerky with cheese stick, but that shit will break you as a snack.

Hate almonds, but love carrots plain.  Amazed that I haven't thought about getting a pack of carrots.  Also never tried frozen grapes.  Will check it out.  But fuck a sardine.  I'll have to be 300 pounds before I consider that avenue.

Love almonds but they have to be the driest food on earth. Takes about 2 glasses of water to get down 6 almonds. They are much more bearable when they are flavored (cinnamon). I prefer cashews or pecans. Agree on the sardines. They are about an inch of above potted meat in the podunk category.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #366 on: June 22, 2012, 05:40:25 PM »
I have found eating fruit right before I go to bed  (watermelon-Mango-pineapple) really helps cure the hunger pains for a big breakfast the following day and helps keep the plumbing flowing very regular.

When my blood sugar got a little high before I lost some weight my doctor recommended a small serving of fruit before bed (his advice was only half a banana).  Actually made my blood sugar levels lower in the morning because it keeps it from bottoming out during the night which in turn will cause the liver to release excess stored sugar into the bloodstream.  Odd, but I felt a lot better in the morning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

« Reply #367 on: June 23, 2012, 10:49:12 AM »
When my blood sugar got a little high before I lost some weight my doctor recommended a small serving of fruit before bed (his advice was only half a banana).  Actually made my blood sugar levels lower in the morning because it keeps it from bottoming out during the night which in turn will cause the liver to release excess stored sugar into the bloodstream.  Odd, but I felt a lot better in the morning.

Probably had more to do with your pancreas than anything since the insulin controls sugar release. Pure Fruit sugar would make it function correctly. HFCS is screwing up a lot of people's blood sugar since the pancreas has no idea what the hell it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #368 on: June 23, 2012, 11:57:54 AM »
Probably had more to do with your pancreas than anything since the insulin controls sugar release. Pure Fruit sugar would make it function correctly. HFCS is screwing up a lot of people's blood sugar since the pancreas has no idea what the hell it is.

Dr. GH in da house! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #369 on: June 23, 2012, 04:05:30 PM »

Actually according to my Dr. due to my new low sugar/lower carb diet and not eating after 7:00 pm I was going to bed with a blood sugar level of around 80 at 10:30 to 11:00.  During the night my blood sugar would continue to drop, when it hit around 70 or less at sometime during the night my pancreas would send the signal to my liver to release the stored glucose (which is one of the liver's functions).  Due to my insulin resistance (I'm pre-type 2 diabetic) and some overactivity by my liver releasing excess sugar I would wake up in the morning with a blood sugar level of 110-120.  It wouldn't be that high after I ate.

Luckily eating something that would give me a small sugar jolt with a good glycemic index would cause it to be more regulated.  Cause if that didn't work the next step was the meds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #370 on: June 24, 2012, 12:23:10 PM »
Started last week at 223.  Weighed in at 218 this morning. 

I know I'm going to have to change up the eating some, but this week was successful with an easy routine. 

1 mile jog (no walking) before breakfast. 
2 eggs scrambled and 3 strips of bacon for breakfast. 
Plain grilled hamburger for lunch with about a cup of pistachios
2 mile jog before dinner
2 grilled hamburgers with sweet peas for dinner

And if I had any hunger pains between meals, I had a banana.  Also, I drank, on average, 2 gallons of water a day.

Of course, I did eat chicken nachos last night, but I'm going to designate Saturday night as my "eat what I want meal".
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:28:25 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #371 on: June 24, 2012, 12:40:34 PM »
Started last week at 223.  Weighed in at 218 this morning. 

I know I'm going to have to change up the eating some, but this week was successful with an easy routine. 

1 mile jog (no walking) before breakfast. 
2 eggs scrambled and 3 strips of bacon for breakfast. 
Plain grilled hamburger for lunch with about a cup of pistachios
2 mile jog before dinner
2 grilled hamburgers with sweet peas for dinner

And if I had any hunger pains between meals, I had a banana.  Also, I drank, on average, 2 gallons of water a day.

Of course, I did eat chicken nachos last night, but I'm going to designate Saturday night as my "eat what I want meal".

So, you're doing High Protien with a few "good carbs"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #372 on: June 24, 2012, 01:06:09 PM »
So, you're doing High Protien with a few "good carbs"?

Looks that way, but that wasn't a plan that I started.  Just found a combination of healthy food that I like to eat, and also fills me up.  It's probably the easiest week that I've ever had trying to lose weight.  But honestly, probably cutting out all bread and sugar did more for me than anything.

But like I said, I know I need to change it up some because I'm going to hit a wall.  So I'm working on a different combination for this week. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #373 on: June 24, 2012, 01:48:58 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #374 on: June 24, 2012, 02:16:59 PM »
I have been stuck at 208 for about 3 weeks now.  I'm going to have to trick my body somehow to get that last 10 pounds I want off. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #376 on: June 24, 2012, 10:27:55 PM »

Actually according to my Dr. due to my new low sugar/lower carb diet and not eating after 7:00 pm I was going to bed with a blood sugar level of around 80 at 10:30 to 11:00.  During the night my blood sugar would continue to drop, when it hit around 70 or less at sometime during the night my pancreas would send the signal to my liver to release the stored glucose (which is one of the liver's functions).  Due to my insulin resistance (I'm pre-type 2 diabetic) and some overactivity by my liver releasing excess sugar I would wake up in the morning with a blood sugar level of 110-120.  It wouldn't be that high after I ate.

Luckily eating something that would give me a small sugar jolt with a good glycemic index would cause it to be more regulated.  Cause if that didn't work the next step was the meds.

Didn't know you were pre type 2. Yes, whole foods - mainly fruits and veggies will fix a lot of what ails us. Glad to hear it working. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #377 on: June 25, 2012, 11:11:46 AM »
I have been stuck at 208 for about 3 weeks now.  I'm going to have to trick my body somehow to get that last 10 pounds I want off.

Not sure if you've mentioned this in the last 400 pages but eating more meals a day but much smaller portions will speed up the metabolism alot. I've been very lazy with my workouts here of late but I use to do this in my "cut weight" cycles. It will take about two weeks, maybe a week depending on your
workout plan, before it kicks in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #378 on: June 25, 2012, 11:24:21 AM »
Ugh!  Back up to 218 after being down to 205.  Time to honestly get started back on something.  Diet and exercise.  This can be done.  I was doing it.  I think it's about time I got back on the wagon and cut out all lick-her and alkyhaul.  That alone helps, but it also helps with the munchies right before bed.    :facepalm:

Time for me to rekindle some relationships.   Treadmill, Eliptical, and Mr.Horton, I will be coming to see you. :(
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #379 on: June 25, 2012, 11:27:35 AM »
I ran across another fucking snake on the cross country trail last week.  I'm starting to get use to them being there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions