friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #341 on: June 19, 2012, 01:23:10 PM »
Stop stalking me.

It's either her or me.  Choose wisely.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #342 on: June 19, 2012, 02:29:48 PM »
It's either her or me.  Choose wisely.

Please pick Vandy so I can post the "He chose.....poorly" pic
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

JR4AU

« Reply #343 on: June 19, 2012, 05:15:45 PM »
Momma's wrong again!

Sustaining an aerobic level is what benefits your heart the most. It's also what puts your body in fat burning mode. To do what you are going to have to do to get that effect, you will have to go a good amount of distance. If you go distance and you are doing it fast (i.e. a 5K - combo of speed and distance), you will get in anaerobic territory which is extremely painful. I'm an avid runner and I still don't like the feeling of an anaerobic level being reached. Its physically painful.

I thought that's what I said!

All I meant was that you don't have to do it by running.  You can do it with other aerobic exercise, and, as I noted, and you renoted, it's the amount of time you keep your heart rate in that range, not how far you run.  If you run too slow or walk, you won't get there, if you run too fast, you get in to anaerobic rate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #344 on: June 19, 2012, 09:33:40 PM »
My son insisted that I get a bicycle for Father's Day... #winning

There is not a flat street in our neighborhood; therefore, my quads are already screaming.  This may be just what the doctor ordered to get this last 10 or so pounds off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #345 on: June 19, 2012, 10:01:38 PM »
There is not a flat street in our neighborhood; therefore, my quads are already screaming.

I give great massages.

Actually, the massages are so-so; it's the happy ending that bumps it up to the level of greatness.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #346 on: June 20, 2012, 10:10:07 AM »
My son insisted that I get a bicycle for Father's Day... #winning

There is not a flat street in our neighborhood; therefore, my quads are already screaming.  This may be just what the doctor ordered to get this last 10 or so pounds off.

Wanna try something funny?

Bike about 10-15 miles at a pretty good clip and then hop off of it and try to run as you normally would. Its funny and sad at the same time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #347 on: June 20, 2012, 10:25:29 AM »
Wanna try something funny?

Bike about 10-15 miles at a pretty good clip and then hop off of it and try to run as you normally would. Its funny and sad at the same time.

It only took about 2-3 miles for me to look funny...I swear if I ever move again, it's going to be to the flatlands.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #348 on: June 20, 2012, 10:36:38 AM »
It only took about 2-3 miles for me to look funny...

It used to only take a few wardrobe tips from your wife.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #349 on: June 20, 2012, 10:39:26 AM »
It used to only take a few wardrobe tips from your wife.

Still does.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #350 on: June 21, 2012, 12:33:05 PM »
So, any avid swimmers on here?  I'm thinking about joining the YMCA and making swimming my main form of cardio for the week.  I get off at 2pm during the school year, and the indoor lap lanes should be free of people. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #351 on: June 21, 2012, 12:53:34 PM »
A couple of years ago, I decided to do a sprint triathlon.  Went to the pool and didn't know squat about swim training.  I'd just always been a decent swimmer so I walked to the pool (Olympic size) and thought, "I'll swim 4-5 laps and kind of see how I feel....you know, see if I'm winded or tired.  Probably put in about 25 lengths my first day."

Jumped in and took off.  Got to the other end and thought my lungs were about to explode.  I was about 4 strokes from the wall and wondering if I was going to make it.  Took several sessions before I could swim several laps at a time somewhat comfortably. Incredible exercise but that's just not something you jump in and excel at right away.  At least not me anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #352 on: June 21, 2012, 01:05:25 PM »
Okay, so today was arm day...I decided to do my normal routine of preacher curls, tricep rope pulldowns, hammer curls and a new circuit tricep routine I was shown last week.  After I finished that, I said "hey, I think I'll try those 21s Jumbo was talking about." 

An hour later, I can finally lift my arms up enough to type this out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #353 on: June 21, 2012, 01:13:08 PM »
Okay, so today was arm day...I decided to do my normal routine of preacher curls, tricep rope pulldowns, hammer curls and a new circuit tricep routine I was shown last week.  After I finished that, I said "hey, I think I'll try those 21s Jumbo was talking about." 

An hour later, I can finally lift my arms up enough to type this out.

I tried lifting weights once.....but they were so heavy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #354 on: June 21, 2012, 01:16:23 PM »
A couple of years ago, I decided to do a sprint triathlon.  Went to the pool and didn't know squat about swim training.  I'd just always been a decent swimmer so I walked to the pool (Olympic size) and thought, "I'll swim 4-5 laps and kind of see how I feel....you know, see if I'm winded or tired.  Probably put in about 25 lengths my first day."

Jumped in and took off.  Got to the other end and thought my lungs were about to explode.  I was about 4 strokes from the wall and wondering if I was going to make it.  Took several sessions before I could swim several laps at a time somewhat comfortably. Incredible exercise but that's just not something you jump in and excel at right away.  At least not me anyway.

Well I don't even know how to swim, so it's probably going to take me quite a few sessions. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #355 on: June 21, 2012, 01:17:32 PM »
I tried lifting weights once.....but they were so heavy

Wait a minute...you're supposed to put weights on those bars?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #356 on: June 21, 2012, 01:29:49 PM »
Well I don't even know how to swim, so it's probably going to take me quite a few sessions.

If you don't know how to swim stay out of the lap lanes, doll. The lifeguards never watch those.

Take a water aerobics class. You might have to deal with the cast of Cocoon, buy you don't have to know how to swim for the class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

« Reply #357 on: June 21, 2012, 01:33:23 PM »
If you don't know how to swim stay out of the lap lanes, doll. The lifeguards never watch those.

Take a water aerobics class. You might have to deal with the cast of Cocoon, buy you don't have to know how to swim for the class.

I can get by enough.  But as for swimming laps?  It's going to be a challenge. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #358 on: June 21, 2012, 02:37:24 PM »

The new kid knows. I hate it when the waders and fatties take up the lap lanes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #359 on: June 21, 2012, 07:00:28 PM »
I hit 221 this morning.  I'm running a mile before breakfast and 2 miles before dinner.  No breads, (I thought that would be much harder) no fast food and only water to drink.  No artificial sweeteners. 

I've picked up unsalted pistachios as a wonder snack to keep the hunger away, but I'm looking for more things.  I'm not really calorie counting, that's miserable in my opinion and makes it very hard to stay at it.  Really just trying to find better stuff to eat.  Suggestions?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions