Where are you now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #321 on: June 18, 2012, 02:20:03 PM »
5'7. 

I know I'm not fat, but as I said before, I want to be healthy.  I'm also terrified of gaining weight like my father did because we're both the same height.  I'm fairly active with my job.  I definitely don't teach from my desk.  I take my dog for a 1.5 mile walk almost every day during the school.  Summer time not so much. 

I do things to keep the weight off, but that doesn't mean I'm not where I want to be.  My goal is 5'7 155 pounds and able to run 3 miles without dying.  I'd also like to be able to do more than 25 sit ups without cramping.

I was TDY this last week.  Drank my dinner ever night except two.  Those two nights I had fried chicken and a Fried Halibut sandwich.  This weekend was no better.  To much drink and too much food.  Today has been easier and will be easier now that I am home.  Officially started the diet again, granola and fruit for breakfast, ham and cheese on whole wheat with sun chips.  Tonight for dinner grilled veggie skewers and grilled chicken.  I am trying to talk myself in getting reacquainted with Mr. Tony Horton tonight but thinking it may be tomorrow night.  I have still not adjusted to the time change.   

6'0 or 6'1, "depending on which convenience store I am leaving" and I was down to 205, but I am back up to 215.  Not pleased with myself these past couple of months.  The good thing is I am at a point to where I get back to doing something about it and it not kill me.  Stating out at 215 is a hell of a lot different than starting out at 250.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

JR4AU

« Reply #322 on: June 18, 2012, 04:13:09 PM »

I do things to keep the weight off, but that doesn't mean I'm not where I want to be.  My goal is 5'7 155 pounds and able to run 3 miles without dying.  I'd also like to be able to do more than 25 sit ups without cramping.

At your ht/wt/age, that should barely wind you at all.  Have you never really been active before? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #323 on: June 18, 2012, 05:57:45 PM »
At your ht/wt/age, that should barely wind you at all.  Have you never really been active before?

Played football in high school.  Lifted a lot of weights in college.  Never been a runner.  I can handle sprints, but long distance was created by Satan to torture human souls in hell. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #324 on: June 18, 2012, 07:06:33 PM »
Played football in high school.  Lifted a lot of weights in college.  Never been a runner.  I can handle sprints, but long distance was created by Satan to torture human souls in hell.

Gotcha.  You no likey, but can do if make self!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #325 on: June 18, 2012, 08:36:01 PM »
long distance was created by Satan to torture human souls in hell.

You're so right, Carl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #326 on: June 18, 2012, 10:50:41 PM »
FWIW, "distance" isn't the key, it's getting and keeping your heart rate in the aerobic range for 20 minutes or more.  It doesn't have to be done by running distance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #327 on: June 19, 2012, 02:07:05 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #328 on: June 19, 2012, 09:05:49 AM »
5'9 and 275 pounds.

Awesome!  Well...except that you are shrinking and all.  Was that from Rivals or Scout?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #329 on: June 19, 2012, 09:23:01 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #330 on: June 19, 2012, 10:00:20 AM »
FWIW, "distance" isn't the key, it's getting and keeping your heart rate in the aerobic range for 20 minutes or more.  It doesn't have to be done by running distance.

Momma's wrong again!

Sustaining an aerobic level is what benefits your heart the most. It's also what puts your body in fat burning mode. To do what you are going to have to do to get that effect, you will have to go a good amount of distance. If you go distance and you are doing it fast (i.e. a 5K - combo of speed and distance), you will get in anaerobic territory which is extremely painful. I'm an avid runner and I still don't like the feeling of an anaerobic level being reached. Its physically painful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #331 on: June 19, 2012, 11:13:16 AM »
I want to run, I have tried to get back into it, but for some reason I can't make myself.  I guess after 4 years of cross country and "having" to run, I don't want to anymore. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #332 on: June 19, 2012, 11:16:43 AM »
I want to run, I have tried to get back into it, but for some reason I can't make myself.  I guess after 4 years of cross country and "having" to run, I don't want to anymore.

I did an Olympic Triathlon Sunday. Crossing the finish line was physically painful. It was hot as hell and I had no more.

BTW - did the CC thing too. Its much funner to run when you don't have to. I hated it in organized sports. I love it recreational.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #333 on: June 19, 2012, 11:28:19 AM »
I ran to the store and picked up a 6-pack. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #334 on: June 19, 2012, 11:29:35 AM »
I did an Olympic Triathlon Sunday. Crossing the finish line was physically painful. It was hot as hell and I had no more.

BTW - did the CC thing too. Its much funner to run when you don't have to. I hated it in organized sports. I love it recreational.

I'm the opposite.  Running for football I took pride that I was the fastest O-Lineman in sprints and when it came to running laps I would beat some of the backs and receivers.  Running to just stay in shape?  No way, hate it, hate it, hate it.  Plus I tend to run really flat footed when I get tired and get shin splints and knee pain something fierce.  When I was a gym member I did the elliptical, stair machine, and rowing machine for my cardio.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #335 on: June 19, 2012, 11:32:55 AM »

I enjoyed CC.  When I was in HS and my first few years of college, I would get bored, get some shoes on and take off.  It was not unusual for me to get up off the couch and take off for 3 to 6 miles.  I could also eat whatever the hell I wanted to and not gain any weight.  So sad that those days are gone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #336 on: June 19, 2012, 11:35:07 AM »
I enjoyed CC.  When I was in HS and my first few years of college, I would get bored, get some shoes on and take off.  It was not unusual for me to get up off the couch and take off for 3 to 6 miles.  I could also eat whatever the hell I wanted to and not gain any weight.  So sad that those days are gone.

I've never been that bored in my entire life
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #337 on: June 19, 2012, 12:25:15 PM »
I've never been that bored in my entire life

Try reading some of your old posts. :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

« Reply #338 on: June 19, 2012, 12:31:46 PM »
Try reading some of your old posts. :)

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #339 on: June 19, 2012, 12:35:47 PM »
Stop stalking me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions