Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #160 on: May 24, 2012, 02:48:23 PM »
Been a really shitty few days at my job. 

Needed some comfort food.

For lunch today:

BBQ brisket with red sauce, potato salad, baked beans, and pie. 

Fuck any weight losing right now.

Let the holiday weekend commence early. I think Im gonna grab a big assed Frosty on the way home. Ive eaten enough broccoli and brussel sprouts this week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #161 on: May 24, 2012, 02:50:57 PM »
Been a really shitty few days at my job. 

Needed some comfort food.

For lunch today:

BBQ brisket with red sauce, potato salad, baked beans, and pie. 

Fuck any weight losing right now.

Nothing wrong with a little comfort food from time to time and a splurge day or two mixed in.  If you didn't you would go nucking futso.  I didn't drink a drop and dieted hardcore from Jan 10th this year until sometime in March and wanted to choke people at times.  Now I have eased myself back into a splurge day from time to time and drinks on occasion.  I even gave up cigars during that time. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

JR4AU

« Reply #162 on: May 24, 2012, 03:02:53 PM »
Let the holiday weekend commence early. I think Im gonna grab a big assed Frosty on the way home. Ive eaten enough broccoli and brussel sprouts this week.

How do you fucking not gag on a Brussels sprout?  I've seen some nice recipes for them on Food that involve bacon and bacon fat, and some other good stuff that I'd like to try, but they'd not be healthy sprouts.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #163 on: May 24, 2012, 03:08:05 PM »
How do you fucking not gag on a Brussels sprout?  I've seen some nice recipes for them on Food that involve bacon and bacon fat, and some other good stuff that I'd like to try, but they'd not be healthy sprouts.

Can't Believe It's Not Butter or equivalent and Tony Chachere's = delicious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

JR4AU

« Reply #164 on: May 24, 2012, 03:08:21 PM »
Nothing wrong with a little comfort food from time to time and a splurge day or two mixed in.  If you didn't you would go nucking futso.  I didn't drink a drop and dieted hardcore from Jan 10th this year until sometime in March and wanted to choke people at times.  Now I have eased myself back into a splurge day from time to time and drinks on occasion.  I even gave up cigars during that time.

The judge's secretary here has lost lots of wt.  She wasn't exactly in bad shape to begin with, and she's 45.  She's getting really thin.  She's going to some Dr. that has her on a "good carb" type of diet.  She can eat things like almonds, and she said she had a half an apple for breakfast.  She can't eat any bread, potatoes, rice, etc.  She can't have cheese either, although it has no carbs.  She can have small bowl of oatmeal in the morning too.  She's losing wt, and says she wants to make this her lifestyle of eating.  Basically just lean meats and veggies.  I told her there is no way in hell I could do that. 

I got to be able to have something good now and then. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #165 on: May 24, 2012, 03:10:44 PM »
The judge's secretary here has lost lots of wt.  She wasn't exactly in bad shape to begin with, and she's 45.  She's getting really thin.  She's going to some Dr. that has her on a "good carb" type of diet.  She can eat things like almonds, and she said she had a half an apple for breakfast.  She can't eat any bread, potatoes, rice, etc.  She can't have cheese either, although it has no carbs.  She can have small bowl of oatmeal in the morning too.  She's losing wt, and says she wants to make this her lifestyle of eating.  Basically just lean meats and veggies.  I told her there is no way in hell I could do that. 

I got to be able to have something good now and then.

Yeah, that stretch for me was rough.  I can deal with the not drinking (much to my surprise), but the not eating something deep fried in grease or something unhealthy was killing me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #166 on: May 24, 2012, 03:11:19 PM »
Going to have some Moe's smoked turkey on Monday.  Maybe a rib or three, and some baked beans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #167 on: May 24, 2012, 03:11:42 PM »

Broccoli I effing hate. I actually like Brussel Sprouts. Also like cabbage, squash, cauliflower, eggplant, zucchini, most of the others. I really just hate broccoli and celery. I choke down the former because I know its healthy. I can't eat the latter under any circumstances.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #168 on: May 24, 2012, 03:14:12 PM »
Broccoli I effing hate. I actually like Brussel Sprouts. Also like cabbage, squash, cauliflower, eggplant, zucchini, most of the others. I really just hate broccoli and celery. I choke down the former because I know its healthy. I can't eat the latter under any circumstances.

You might as well move to China you red commie!  It's like I don't even know you anymore!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #169 on: May 24, 2012, 03:21:50 PM »
Yeah, that stretch for me was rough.  I can deal with the not drinking (much to my surprise), but the not eating something deep fried in grease or something unhealthy was killing me.

I can deal without the fried stuff, except just every so often.  If you like to cook, you can find healthy ways to make some really good stuff.  I just can't waste the money for a lot of recipes of which I will throw away half because there's only me in the house.

If you pay attention in the grocery store, there are good choices that are filling too.  Gorton's has some grilled fish, and I was skeptical, but my secretary told me to try it.  I trust her evaluation of food, and she was spot on.

I use plain nonfat yogurt instead of sour cream on baked potatoes. 

I marinate chicken breasts in Mojo, and grill them on Sunday night.  I use them on salads during the week. 

I use yogurt blue cheese dressing. Pretty good stuff. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #170 on: May 24, 2012, 03:25:27 PM »
You might as well move to China you red commie!  It's like I don't even know you anymore!

I like broccoli.  Not love, but like.  It's a healthy food I can claim I like enough to eat and not cover in butter or cheese.  Butter makes it something loveable though.  Steamed, with lemon juice and I like. 

I buy the pre cut celery packed in water at Teh Pube Lix.  I salt them, dip them in mustard for a zero calorie snack.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #171 on: May 24, 2012, 03:30:52 PM »
I can deal without the fried stuff, except just every so often.  If you like to cook, you can find healthy ways to make some really good stuff.  I just can't waste the money for a lot of recipes of which I will throw away half because there's only me in the house.

If you pay attention in the grocery store, there are good choices that are filling too.  Gorton's has some grilled fish, and I was skeptical, but my secretary told me to try it.  I trust her evaluation of food, and she was spot on.

I use plain nonfat yogurt instead of sour cream on baked potatoes. 

I marinate chicken breasts in Mojo, and grill them on Sunday night.  I use them on salads during the week. 

I use yogurt blue cheese dressing. Pretty good stuff.

Publix frozen talapia filets are good broiled.  I do a lot of chicken breast, fish and lean beef.  Mostly green beans, broccoli, salads and spinach with that.  Red potatoes or long grain wild rice for my carb.  I like the fat free sour cream for potatoes.   Most nights we are spot on at the house with out diet, but some nights nothing beats taking chicken breast, cutting them in small strips, bread them and fry them up with some shoestring cut french fries. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #172 on: May 24, 2012, 04:07:30 PM »
Blood pressure was under normal, Cholesterol and Triglycerides were almost non existant.  Weight was 171. :clap:  Yep, Im gonna splurge.

I consider my blood pressure under control in that it has not caused my veins to burst from my arms and start spraying everybody around me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2012, 04:27:17 PM »

They're like little crunchy trees man!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #174 on: May 24, 2012, 04:30:38 PM »
Steamed broc is the titz.  Damn good for you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2012, 04:32:08 PM »

I can handle it in the little steambags you put in the microwave. As long as it has some sauce and salt/pepper on it. The reason I make an effort to eat it is because of how good it is for you. I tend to prefer cauliflower to broccoli. Especially in Chinese food.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2012, 04:42:12 PM »

Absolutely.  Spray a whole bottle of that "I can't believe it's not butter" stuff on it, and you got a feast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2012, 04:44:52 PM »
Absolutely.  Spray a whole bottle of that "I can't believe it's not butter" stuff on it, and you got a feast.

Red Elephant Reastaurant (No relation whatsoever..a chain) has a blackened mahi and steamed broc broc plate that will make you motorboat mama's fun bags.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2012, 04:48:48 PM »
Red Elephant Reastaurant (No relation whatsoever..a chain) has a blackened mahi and steamed broc broc plate that will make you motorboat mama's fun bags.

That sounds delicious.  I love blackened mahi too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2012, 04:50:44 PM »
That sounds delicious.  I love blackened mahi too.

Absolutely my favorite fish.  Hard to get a bad piece of teh dolphin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions