Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2012, 02:15:34 PM »
My rollercoaster ride is a vicious cycle that I go through every year. Every winter I put on my 15 to 20 pounds of winter coat. I tell myself every winter that this year I will do something during the winter to keep busy and don’t. Spring comes around a softball umpiring kicks in and the weight starts to go away. Started the year at 215 and am down to 205 already and by end of summer I’ll be in the 190’s. My wife has got me eating pretty healthy. No red meat (which I don’t mind). We eat a lot of seafood and greens. The only thing I drink is water, fuze green tea and the beer. I have a liter of water on the way into work and re-fill it during the day. And I like the real hearty beers and I like them a lot. I don’t drink during the week because of the umpiring 3 to 4 nights a week plus some Saturdays. On season breaks between umpiring I try and walk a few nights, nothing long just for about an hour. I don’t run, I hate running, after getting out of the military I swore I would never run again. If my fucking house was on fire I would not run, but I would walk damn fast. I get two physicals a year and they have been great. Good BP and low cholesterol ( I do take meds for these) and now I just gotta schedule the camera exploration for the dark side of the moon.   

But this winter will be different. :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2012, 02:52:07 PM »
Sad thing is I will drink at least three of those cups before 3:00PM today.  :(

Agree GH, if I don't have coffee then I will kill someone.

Garden salad for lunch......delicious, unless it's not.

Wait, I didn't invite you to my house?

Steamed Asian Veggie mix for me at lunch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2012, 03:07:12 PM »
Coffee is a must here as well.  I hit our Atlanta Bread Co. every morning before work and I can hardly drink coffee from anywhere else.  Panera Bread is very similar.  I've drinken, dranken, drunk many a cup of Starbucks but every time I wind up asking myself what the attraction is.  I don't do uterus foo-foo coffees...double mocha frappe skinny light capacinno....whatever.  I want straight up house blend.  Starbuck's is just too strong.

I hated Starbucks.....until I actually bought my own Starbucks coffee and brewed it. I figured out that I didn't hate their coffee, just the way they made it in the stores.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2012, 03:08:30 PM »
this thread as become...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2012, 03:09:20 PM »
Steamed Asian Veggie mix for me at lunch.

I always wanted try and get into one of those-but by the time I got my clothes off-wait?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2012, 03:13:50 PM »
this thread as become...

Says the guy that drinks Lattes and lives in the PNW.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2012, 03:54:01 PM »
I don’t drink during the week because of the umpiring 3 to 4 nights a week plus some Saturdays.

Does not compute.

That's the reason I keep playing, myself.  The umpires are always coming to our vehicles to steal a beer or three between games too...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2012, 04:32:34 PM »
Does not compute.

That's the reason I keep playing, myself.  The umpires are always coming to our vehicles to steal a beer or three between games too...

I respect the game and the players enough to not drink during the games. Now afterwards I can be a beer hoe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2012, 05:02:56 PM »
Says the guy that drinks Lattes and lives in the PNW.

That won't buff out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2012, 09:33:17 AM »
Yesterday for dinner:

Started with some carrots and hummus.  Finished with a can of sardines packed in water. 

I had a handful of almonds before I went to bed. 

I'm starting to feel better already.  Maybe it's just the placebo effect, but I'm starting to be thankful I started this.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2012, 09:36:10 AM »
Ground turkey meat, 2 eggs and green peppers this morning.  A dash..or two...of Frank's Hot Sauce.  Protein to start my day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2012, 09:56:31 AM »
Yesterday for dinner:

Started with some carrots and hummus.  Finished with a can of sardines packed in water. 

I had a handful of almonds before I went to bed. 

I'm starting to feel better already.  Maybe it's just the placebo effect, but I'm starting to be thankful I started this.

Almonds are one of the absolute best foods you can put in your body. Just sucks they are dry as hell. I try to get the cinnamon and brown sugar or hickory roasted variety.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2012, 10:06:30 AM »
Almonds are one of the absolute best foods you can put in your body. Just sucks they are dry as hell. I try to get the cinnamon and brown sugar or hickory roasted variety.

Werd.  I always have some nuttz around (Including my own) to munch on.  I started the morning turkey thing last week after an article I read about a body builder who, in trying to lean up for the contest, was eating lean meat and nuts in the morning.  He'd switch it up between turkey, venison, buffalo etc.  He'd cook it up and add in two eggs and spinach leaves.  I don't do a lot of venison or other buffalo or gatah...so I went with turkey and substituted peppers for the spinach.  But the trend in recent years has been on heavy protein in the morning.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2012, 10:24:20 AM »
Ground turkey meat, 2 eggs and green peppers this morning.  A dash..or two...of Frank's Hot Sauce.  Protein to start my day.

I keep trying to tell wife that.    :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2012, 10:26:55 AM »
I keep trying to tell wife that.    :thumsup:

Native Opelika Sausage?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2012, 11:13:33 AM »
Native Opelika Sausage?

Transplanted Texas Torpedo 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2012, 01:21:45 PM »
Brussel Sprouts and Lean Turkey for lunch. Yes, its uber healthy but I gotta splurge this weekend on the eating out of town so I am trying to get ahead this week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2012, 01:27:05 PM »
Brussel Sprouts and Lean Turkey for lunch. Yes, its uber healthy but I gotta splurge this weekend on the eating out of town so I am trying to get ahead this week.

See, I knew you were out of town this weekend so that's why I didn't send the invite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2012, 02:39:59 PM »
See, I knew you were out of town this weekend so that's why I didn't send the invite.

I was waiting on the Eufaula invite. Since I didn't get it, Savannah will be the destination now.

Now you see why I am eating good this week. I will have plenty of heavy food in that town for 4 days. And Beer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2012, 03:06:00 PM »
I was waiting on the Eufaula invite. Since I didn't get it, Savannah will be the destination now.

Now you see why I am eating good this week. I will have plenty of heavy food in that town for 4 days. And Beer.

PM AUTiger1.  He just got back from there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions