Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2012, 06:33:26 PM »
I've lost 35 pounds so far since January, I'm working out 4-5 times per week. I drink a Carnation Instant Breakfast(13 grams of protein and only 210 calories) each morning. The only fast food that I eat is Chik-fil-a's grilled chicken sandwich with a side salad and Taco Bell's Fresca Grilled Chicken Taco's only 170 calories. I usually have 200 calorie soups for dinner with Sweet and Salty nut bars for snacks. I'm doing the 2000 calorie diet so I can still have teh Bud Lights.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2012, 06:56:39 PM »
I'm very serious about this.  This thread may need to be pinned. 

After work, I went to Academy and bought a pair of Under Armour Stealth running shoes.  Just ran 1 mile.  I had to walk a little bit during it, but I spent 1 mile running.  Probably half a mile walking. 

Did 30 push ups when I came home. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2012, 06:56:57 PM »
You want before and after pics?  Naked?

Of the girl in your avatar...yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2012, 06:58:59 PM »
I'm very serious about this.  This thread may need to be pinned. 

After work, I went to Academy and bought a pair of Under Armour Stealth running shoes.  Just ran 1 mile.  I had to walk a little bit during it, but I spent 1 mile running.  Probably half a mile walking. 

Did 30 push ups when I came home.

I started running on the treadmill...then I bought an elliptical.  Will never go back.
I still walk the dog around the neighborhood, then bring him back home and run it a couple of nights a week. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2012, 07:01:42 PM »
I was leaving that part out on purpose.  Build them up and then tear them down. 

Oh and the tall chick on leg day......yeah, good luck working out and keeping your concentration as you stare at her perfect legs and ass.

Add to cart!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2012, 09:44:22 PM »
I've lost 35 pounds so far since January, I'm working out 4-5 times per week. I drink a Carnation Instant Breakfast(13 grams of protein and only 210 calories) each morning. The only fast food that I eat is Chik-fil-a's grilled chicken sandwich with a side salad and Taco Bell's Fresca Grilled Chicken Taco's only 170 calories. I usually have 200 calorie soups for dinner with Sweet and Salty nut bars for snacks. I'm doing the 2000 calorie diet so I can still have teh Bud Lights.

We're on teh same basic diet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2012, 12:34:31 AM »
my eating habits teh suxxor.

i rarely eat breakfast unless you count black coffee, a 4 shot iced mocha and a pinch of snuff.

lunch is simple...usually leftovers from dinner.  dinner varies but always includes a meat, a vegetable and carbs.  Never snack on sweets but wench and a while some ice cream.

i do work out 3 to 4 times a week including 2 times per day on tuesdays and thursdays for spinning.  my goal next year is to climb mt. hood. 

my weight stays consistent at 164-ish and as for 5 or 6 years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2012, 09:26:20 AM »
I ruined it last night when my hunger arrived after running.

I first ate a leftover steak taco. 

Then I ate a piece of leftover homemade pizza. 

Then I ate five more pieces of leftover pizza and a bunch of graham crackers and chocolate. 

I probably consumed 1500 calories in one sitting. 

But I did take the dog for a 35 minute walk afterwards, so maybe that helped.

Any tips on fighting cravings?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2012, 09:49:13 AM »
I ruined it last night when my hunger arrived after running.

I first ate a leftover steak taco. 

Then I ate a piece of leftover homemade pizza. 

Then I ate five more pieces of leftover pizza and a bunch of graham crackers and chocolate. 

I probably consumed 1500 calories in one sitting. 

But I did take the dog for a 35 minute walk afterwards, so maybe that helped.

Any tips on fighting cravings?

Don't have that shit around to eat.  Depending on the size crust and toppings, you consumed between 175 and 350 calories per slice.   A 35 minute walk won't make a dent in that. 

This may come as a surprise, but you have to have some self discipline.  Yes, that's the hardest part.  You can develop that by creating new habits.  To do that, you have to set your self up to succeed.

If you like to snack at night, plan your meals of the day accordingly.  Don't eat 500 calories per.  Save yourself 500 calories for your night time snacks, and then plan them to be better choices.   I get by on 100 to 300 calories per meal during the day so I can have my crave at night. 

Of course in an ideal world, it's best not to eat after 7pm, and I know folks that have lost lots of wt not eating carbs after lunch. I can't do that.  As GH said, there are different types of calories.  While true, and there are better choices than others, in the end, calories in vs calories out is the answer.  The trick is making them all count.  And as he said too, he's in the habit of lots of exercise.  It's a habit with him.  You have to create your own habits.  That might start with getting rid of some bad ones.

If you'll plan ahead, shop and stock up to accomplish what you want to accomplish, it will take you about 3 weeks to make those behaviors habits.  You keep the pizza and other shit around, and right now, you won't be able to avoid them.  Create new habits, and if there's suddenly some leftover pizza around, you won't be as likely to partake in it.

The way my fridge and pantry look right now, if a late night craving came over me, I'd be shit out of luck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2012, 10:43:21 AM »
I started running on the treadmill...then I bought an elliptical.  Will never go back.
I still walk the dog around the neighborhood, then bring him back home and run it a couple of nights a week.

If any of you jokers want to lose some weight, try and keep up with my wife along side her on a damn treadmill or elliptical. FUCKING SHIT! My wife has gone through two treadmills and even had to get a cast on her foot not too long ago because of stress fractures. I use to walk along side her but after a near death experience, I chose to go skip the embarrassment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2012, 11:13:45 AM »
For some reason I decided to wake up at 6 a.m. and walk 5 miles. Holy shit. I get offered brownies, cookies and other bullshit all the time. I let them know I haven't lost 35 pounds to eat a fucking brownie and I walk away and enjoy my coke zero.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2012, 11:27:34 AM »
For some reason I decided to wake up at 6 a.m. and walk 5 miles. Holy shit. I get offered brownies, cookies and other bullshit all the time. I let them know I haven't lost 35 pounds to eat a fucking brownie and I walk away and enjoy my coke zero.

Come on, you can have just one!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2012, 01:02:43 PM »
Come on, you can have just one!

That's how it starts. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2012, 02:45:26 PM »
That's how it starts.

Like a gateway drug.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2012, 10:31:29 PM »
That's how it starts.
I agree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2012, 09:26:05 AM »
Had the breakfast smoothie this morning.  Blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries with greek yogurt, almond butter, and oatmeal. 

For lunch?

Salad with 2 leftover fried green tomatoes and two bacon strips. 

For dinner?

Grilled salmon with steamed mixed vegetables. 

Water all day. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2012, 10:04:44 AM »
Less than a week before we go to the beach, so I decided to kick it up a notch before we leave.

For breakfast today:
Two pieces of bacon and a slice of sharp cheddar cheese.

For lunch:
Protein shake

For dinner:
Grilled chicken and broccolli
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2012, 11:31:10 AM »
Like Buzz, I have a gathering this weekend for Memorial Day but ours will be on Lake Eufaula.  Already tightening up the diet because in 4 weeks we hit teh beesh for a week. The key for me will be to cut out the alcohol during the week nights.  I already do the 6-7 small meals thing and my workouts are set.  I will add another cardio session tonight with a spin class after my workout and Saturday morning with another boot camp class before we leave.

I envy those of you that can and have dropped a lot of weight.  I'm to the point where I've just about stopped weighing altogether.  As a big guy, my weight fluctuates a good bit from day to day and any day that I step on the scale and don't see the desired result, it feels like a set back and I get frustrated.  I go more by how I look and how my clothes fit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2012, 11:46:56 AM »
Had the breakfast smoothie this morning.  Blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries with greek yogurt, almond butter, and oatmeal. 

For lunch?

Salad with 2 leftover fried green tomatoes and two bacon strips. 

For dinner?

Grilled salmon with steamed mixed vegetables. 

Water all day.

I almost always do a wholesome BIG breakfast. Usually Cheerios, Oatmeal or some kind of healthy cereal. I like doing the grilled fish at night too. Throw some zucchini or eggplant in with it and it's great.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2012, 11:48:17 AM »
Like Buzz, I have a gathering this weekend for Memorial Day but ours will be on Lake Eufaula. 

Ahemmm, thanks for the invite Snag. No, really its ok. I don't want your beer anyway.

Ya think you know someone.....

If any of you jokers want to lose some weight, try and keep up with my wife along side her on a damn treadmill or elliptical. FUCKING SHIT! My wife has gone through two treadmills and even had to get a cast on her foot not too long ago because of stress fractures. I use to walk along side her but after a near death experience, I chose to go skip the embarrassment.

Asphalt is cheaper than a treadmill.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE