Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #1720 on: October 20, 2016, 03:06:07 PM »
It's happening wayyyyy too often. But hey let's keep making jokes about the ones who don't wanna end up like that and are trying to do something about it.

You have a stationary bike, his and hers shake-weights and a Bowflex in your basement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #1721 on: October 20, 2016, 03:14:33 PM »
You have a stationary bike, his and hers shake-weights and a Bowflex in your basement.

Bowflex is soooooo 1998.

But shake weights rule. You can even take one end of one of them and lube it up real good and....I mean, those things can give you a decent workout.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #1722 on: October 20, 2016, 03:34:29 PM »
GH...

Are you using a HR Chest strap while training? And what are you using on the electronic side as far as tracking miles, stride etc..?

I have a Garmin Fenix 3HR...which reads your wrist HR but I am looking to get a chest monitor for better measurement. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1723 on: October 20, 2016, 03:44:50 PM »
GH...

Are you using a HR Chest strap while training? And what are you using on the electronic side as far as tracking miles, stride etc..?

I have a Garmin Fenix 3HR...which reads your wrist HR but I am looking to get a chest monitor for better measurement.

Wouldn't it be easier just to count the steps from your couch to the fridge?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #1724 on: October 20, 2016, 03:53:16 PM »
GH...

Occasionally. I have one. And I've got the zones mapped out but can usually tell where I'm at without the hrm. Good rule of thumb is if you can still talk while running or cycling you are still aerobic (zone 2 and under).

Garmin 920 used with Strava app.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1725 on: October 20, 2016, 04:24:09 PM »
Actually didn't even have you in mind. But since you volunteered, yeah you asshole.  :poke:

Meant more in general, not on here though. Teh bookfacez is full of em.

This one is my favorite.......

Then I cry when I realize I can't have a snickers bar. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #1726 on: October 20, 2016, 04:25:52 PM »
This one is my favorite.......

Then I cry when I realize I can't have a snickers bar.

Did you get them numbers turned around or still figuring it out?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1727 on: October 20, 2016, 04:33:33 PM »
Did you get them numbers turned around or still figuring it out?

A1C's checked in a 6.3.  That is an average of 134.  Once I hurt my shoulder and for the first week after the surgery they jumped to 7.7 (174 avg).  The past week my numbers are averaging about 130 to 140.  Still not where I want, but close enough that I feel good. 

I need to get back on the HFLC diet.  The only time that I have had my numbers in check for over 9 month stretch was back then.  Almost got to get off all the meds, but then that mysterious summer season thing came around and the beer, burgers and wings slowly made it's way back into my diet until it became the norm again. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #1728 on: October 20, 2016, 04:47:17 PM »
A1C's checked in a 6.3.  That is an average of 134.  Once I hurt my shoulder and for the first week after the surgery they jumped to 7.7 (174 avg).  The past week my numbers are averaging about 130 to 140.  Still not where I want, but close enough that I feel good. 

I need to get back on the HFLC diet.  The only time that I have had my numbers in check for over 9 month stretch was back then.  Almost got to get off all the meds, but then that mysterious summer season thing came around and the beer, burgers and wings slowly made it's way back into my diet until it became the norm again.

You'd be amazed at how your cells and even pancreatic function will correct when you add just something like a 40 min walk per day to your schedule. Blood sugar starts metabolizing better. Then also watch what kind of carbs you are taking in versus whether you take them in generally speaking. Oats, green and yellow vegs, lots of fish, fruits....shit like that is good. Keep it balanced. Refined sugar or white sugar that is just added to things by the pound is what you got to throw away. Corn syrup too. They will both tear your pancreas a new one. It doesn't do a 180 overnight but just keep pounding away at it and you will see some results.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #1729 on: October 20, 2016, 05:16:42 PM »

Same boat but just a touch higher at 7.1. Neorapathy set in feet. Tops are numb but for being numb the worst pain. Love the 3 am knife jabs in the feet. Circulation is fine thank God. Just have to roll with the punches. We've discussed before but the mental issues are killing me. Anxiety is horrible. A day off work and I'm locked in the house in the dark scared of everything.  Ativan helps. Weed is the best. Voting on medical here. I'm already getting the paper work done to get. Of course that doesn't help at work. Cross that bridge when I get to it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #1730 on: January 23, 2017, 08:47:39 PM »
Wow.  It's been since October?  We must have all had a shitty holiday season. 

Either way, Mercedes half marathon in less than 3 weeks.  I ran 12 miles 10 days ago in 1:48:01.  Really crashed in the last 2 miles.  Some of it is because 12 miles is a long damn way and some of it because mile 11 was coming back up a bitch of a foothill.  My initial goal was 2:00 but I think I'm going to try to make 1:52:00.

The main problem that I'm having is I decided that since I can't get to 180, I'm just going to strength train on days I'm not running.  Routine is....

Monday -- Legs
Tuesday -- 6 mile trail run
Wednesday -- Back/bicep
Thursday -- 5 mile hill climbs
Friday -- Chest/tricep
Saturday -- 10+
Sunday -- rest

I've gained from 195 up to 210 since December 1.  All the while eating creatine by the scoops.  The gain came pretty quick as I quit taking 2 weeks ago.  Weight isn't coming off but I didn't gain an inch in waist so maybe it's good weight. 

I can' wait for this half to be over with, I think I'm going to stick to 5-7 mile trail runs when it's finished.  And focus on OCR.  Speaking up, there is a bonefrog event coming to Talladega in March.  Some of you locals should check it out. 

Where y'all at?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1731 on: January 23, 2017, 09:53:25 PM »
Baby steps.  You and GH are in an alternate universe from my old ass.  Signed up for a 5K at Seaside on March 5th about an hour ago.  The wife has never done one but she's been picking up the cardio in the gym and it was her suggestion.  Beach trip weekend and a scenic jog along awesome 30A.

Dothan opened some badass bike trails here last year and I've been adding a ride per week to my gym time along with starting over on the Couch to 5K program.  So, there's that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1732 on: January 23, 2017, 10:44:07 PM »
Been on the Mike Defee plan for the last few weeks, and I am starting to see the results.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #1733 on: January 24, 2017, 08:20:16 AM »
All the while eating creatine by the scoops. 

I did this in high school and college. Gained a ton of weight and muscle and it was awesome.

2 years ago the doctor, by chance, found a cancerous tumor in my kidney the size of a golf ball. Had they not found it early, it could have been bad.

I am not saying that the creatine caused the tumor by any means, but I took creatine every day for a long time. And I know I didn't drink it with the suggested 8 or 12oz of water while taking it. But I would be careful on that stuff. It may not matter to your kidneys. But then again it may.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #1734 on: January 24, 2017, 09:19:07 AM »
Baby steps.  You and GH are in an alternate universe from my old ass.  Signed up for a 5K at Seaside on March 5th about an hour ago.  The wife has never done one but she's been picking up the cardio in the gym and it was her suggestion.  Beach trip weekend and a scenic jog along awesome 30A.

Dothan opened some badass bike trails here last year and I've been adding a ride per week to my gym time along with starting over on the Couch to 5K program.  So, there's that.

Oh stop it. You just wanna go to 30A. Ammarite?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #1735 on: January 24, 2017, 09:22:44 AM »
Wow.  It's been since October?  We must have all had a shitty holiday season. 

Either way, Mercedes half marathon in less than 3 weeks.  I ran 12 miles 10 days ago in 1:48:01.  Really crashed in the last 2 miles.  Some of it is because 12 miles is a long damn way and some of it because mile 11 was coming back up a bitch of a foothill.  My initial goal was 2:00 but I think I'm going to try to make 1:52:00.

The main problem that I'm having is I decided that since I can't get to 180, I'm just going to strength train on days I'm not running.  Routine is....

Monday -- Legs
Tuesday -- 6 mile trail run
Wednesday -- Back/bicep
Thursday -- 5 mile hill climbs
Friday -- Chest/tricep
Saturday -- 10+
Sunday -- rest

I've gained from 195 up to 210 since December 1.  All the while eating creatine by the scoops.  The gain came pretty quick as I quit taking 2 weeks ago.  Weight isn't coming off but I didn't gain an inch in waist so maybe it's good weight. 

I can' wait for this half to be over with, I think I'm going to stick to 5-7 mile trail runs when it's finished.  And focus on OCR.  Speaking up, there is a bonefrog event coming to Talladega in March.  Some of you locals should check it out. 

Where y'all at?

Halfs hurt. And never get easy.

Last two miles of one are always gut check time. Honestly you need to train up for a half for a minimum of 10-12 weeks with several 11+ mile runs to get your legs accustomed to going that far. Then add speed in another day with 800s and mile repeats.

And although a half never gets easy if you are actually racing it like you are, it can become more manageable the more miles you put in leading up to it. I have one in Albany in March. Just make you taper real good that last week and rest of up. Because within two weeks of the race the hay is already in the barn at that point and rest is your best option.

Advice on race day? Awaken early and Eat two hours ahead of time. Drink lots of fluid early (so that you aren't peeing like a mad man 10 Mins before the start) And salt. It will help. You're gonna have asshats in these halfs that are going to take off like its a 1 mile race. ESP in the one you are doing. That's a biggie. Let them. Some are just really good. And some just can't control themselves and you'll see them on the side of the road later walking and throwing up when they bonk. Stick to your plan and your pace. Never get froggy the first 7 miles. Just get into a nice comfortable pace. If you feel good after 8-9? That's when you start picking it up. Still feel good after 11? Drop the hammer. You won't bonk at that point. Have you checked out the elevation chart? Find where the hills are and plan your race out accordingly. Don't Burn all your matches going up one hill at mile 4.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1736 on: January 24, 2017, 09:27:38 AM »
Oh stop it. You just wanna go to 30A. Ammarite?

The answer to that question is pretty much the same as my answer in The Six' "Would you" thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #1737 on: January 24, 2017, 09:33:12 AM »
The answer to that question is pretty much the same as my answer in The Six' "Would you" thread.

Why is this a topic.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:43:56 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #1738 on: January 24, 2017, 10:49:00 AM »
Played 18 last Friday and another 18 on Sat. Drank both days and then went out to eat.  :thumsup:

My workout is most different than most folks.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:51:51 AM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #1739 on: January 24, 2017, 01:43:42 PM »
Played 18 last Friday and another 18 on Sat. Drank both days and then went out to eat.  :thumsup:

My workout is most different than most folks.

So is your definition of workout. Fast n loose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE