Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Live and Let Diet

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Live and Let Diet
« Reply #1140 on: July 31, 2013, 11:30:51 AM »
No, you shoot them...but only if they're white.

Yeah, but what if you don't have a gun? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #1141 on: July 31, 2013, 04:33:09 PM »
Yeah, but what if you don't have a gun?

You take off all of your clothes.  No one wants to fight a naked man.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

JR4AU

« Reply #1142 on: August 28, 2013, 09:20:34 AM »
I'm down 125lbs as of this week. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1143 on: August 28, 2013, 09:29:48 AM »

This thread is useless without pi.....wait, on second thought.

Srsly, congrats man.  That's a big time accomplishment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #1144 on: August 28, 2013, 09:42:49 AM »
Alright, almost a year later, I've put back on 10 pounds.  Clothes getting a little snug, so I started back again Monday morning.  Hit the morning mile with no problems.  Was actually surprised at how easy it was consider I haven't been running at all.  Had a healthy breakfast, decent lunch.  Then I come home to meatloaf, rolls, mashed taters, sweet pees, and creamed corn.   :sad:

Ate terrible, ate too much, then went to sleep from depression. 

Got up Tuesday morning, barely did half a mile before I was ready to quit.  This shit is hard, not sure how I lost 35 pounds last summer.  BUT, I did eat healthy for lunch and supper yesterday, and was able to champion through 20 minutes of cardio last night.  So maybe I can start it again. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1145 on: August 28, 2013, 09:50:22 AM »
I've been doing better.  It didn't help that CostCo had Welch's Fruit Snacks on sale.  A box of 80 cost 7.99. 

So I bought them and ate about 5 a day. 

But still getting back on track.  I've realized that cutting carbs is a must for me, and I decided that if I'm going to eat meat and vegetables, I'm going to eat what I like.

I've been eating bacon and eggs every morning.  Fish or chicken for lunch.  Dinner's the hard part.  I'm working now from 3pm-6pm, so the wife is doing more meal planning.  She loves her carbs, and her body seems to burn fat like it has nothing else to do. 

What I don't understand about my body is that I get flabbier, larger love handles, chubbier face, and the usual lethargy from being fat but I don't gain pounds. 

I weigh 165.  Have weighed 165 pretty much for the past 5 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #1146 on: August 28, 2013, 10:34:54 AM »

What I don't understand about my body is that I get flabbier, larger love handles, chubbier face, and the usual lethargy from being fat but I don't gain pounds. 

How old are you?  Welcome to the wonderful world of lower testosterone and muscle mass.  You're just a hop skip and a jump away from male pattern baldness, sagging testicles, and black socks with sandals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1147 on: August 28, 2013, 10:45:05 AM »

Awesome, congrats sir.

How old are you?  Welcome to the wonderful world of lower testosterone and muscle mass.  You're just a hop skip and a jump away from male pattern baldness, sagging testicles, and black socks with sandals.

You're getting old aren't you?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #1148 on: August 28, 2013, 11:50:39 AM »

28.  Am I old? 

Again though, if I eat healthy and get moderate exercise, I tighten up and look better and feel better.  But the weight stays about the same.  This past spring I bulked up by eating 3000 calories a day and lifting heavy weights 3-4 days a week.  Jumped up to 175. 

But the pounds shed right off. 

A few years ago I was getting into running I think right around when I started this thread.  I noticed my pants getting looser and my chin firming up along with some muscle definition around my torso.  Stayed right at 165. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1149 on: August 28, 2013, 12:13:50 PM »
28.  Am I old? 

No, but in two years or so your natural testosterone production is decreasing with each passing day.  It may be now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #1150 on: August 28, 2013, 12:37:34 PM »
28.  Am I old? 

Again though, if I eat healthy and get moderate exercise, I tighten up and look better and feel better.  But the weight stays about the same.  This past spring I bulked up by eating 3000 calories a day and lifting heavy weights 3-4 days a week.  Jumped up to 175. 

But the pounds shed right off. 

A few years ago I was getting into running I think right around when I started this thread.  I noticed my pants getting looser and my chin firming up along with some muscle definition around my torso.  Stayed right at 165.

3000 calories a day, and only gained 10lbs huh?  Fucking wow!  Lucky you.

Oh, and when you hit 40...never trust a fart, and you suddenly won't be able to eat foods that never bothered you before. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1151 on: August 28, 2013, 12:38:40 PM »
Awesome, congrats sir.

You're getting old aren't you?

I sunburned my bald head through a hat this weekend.  What does that tell you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #1152 on: August 28, 2013, 12:49:37 PM »

I sunburned my bald head through a hat this weekend.  What does that tell you?

I bet you were impressing all the ladys too whilst mowing your yard in this:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1153 on: August 28, 2013, 12:51:29 PM »
Try your 50's on for size.  It's comin'.  Can you hear it comin'? 

I can't without my hearing aid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #1154 on: September 07, 2013, 02:47:51 PM »
I bet you were impressing all the ladys too whilst mowing your yard in this:

How else am I supposed to prevent unsightly tan lines on my feet?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1155 on: October 07, 2013, 04:28:04 PM »
We'll y'all take care of your selves. Let my diabetes get the best of and checking into hospital. Don't be me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #1156 on: October 07, 2013, 06:13:27 PM »
We'll y'all take care of your selves. Let my diabetes get the best of and checking into hospital. Don't be me.
Get it under control chityeah. Whatevah it takes, you can do it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #1157 on: October 08, 2013, 08:57:53 PM »
Get it under control chityeah. Whatevah it takes, you can do it.
Thanks! After 2 bags of fluids and 15 units of insulin back to normal. Now I'm no obese diabetic, actually was 185 and dropped to 155 in 3 months. Not typical for type 2. Seeing a nutritionist and looking forward to sharing recipes that will be good for all of us. If I play this right might be able to get off meds in a year. I WILL NOT stop drinking the burbinz tho.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #1158 on: November 05, 2013, 10:31:28 PM »
Alright, while I was gone I lost a total of 15 pounds, and a waist size.  I'm less fat and more muscle now, so I'm hoping to make the old lady happy with the new me.  Below is a before and after pic.  I'm on the far right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1159 on: November 06, 2013, 01:12:52 PM »
Alright, while I was gone I lost a total of 15 pounds, and a waist size.  I'm less fat and more muscle now, so I'm hoping to make the old lady happy with the new me.  Below is a before and after pic.  I'm on the far right.

A big salute to you, sir and thank you for your service.

I feel like I'm starting over for the 100th time.  The workouts have been consistent but the eating and drinking habits have been, in a word, horrible.  Blood pressure is up.  I'm now in my 50's and weighing more than I've ever weighed in my life.  This is not a good combination.  As I've said several times, I've always worked out but in order for me to make any real strides, I need goals.  I have two.

My daughter got another gig performing on Royal Caribbean so we had an excuse to book another cruise this upcoming March.  I weighed 247 this weekend and the goal is 215 when I set foot on the boat.  The more important goal is to be in as good health as I can be in come mid January, when I have appointments with the doc for BP and complete work up.  Colonoscopy, finger up the rectum, blood work.  Check all the plumbing out.  Been a couple of years since my last one so I want my diet to be off the charts clean and the drinking virtually null and void long before then.

On my third day of egg white/spinach/turkey omelets, grilled chicken, oatmeal, tons of water....Last night, I took two tilapia filets and brushed on a little EVOO, lemon juice, pineapple juice and blackened seasoning.  Broiled that up and put a plain sweet potato next to it.  This is the way I will eat with a "cheat day" each week.  So....

having said all that, please to be posting any super keen, low fat recipes you've been using.  I have no problem once I get into the habit of really eating clean, but admittedly, it gets boring eating the same things and I'm always open to trying something new.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions