Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Are Chain Restaurants an Idea Whose Time Has Passed?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Are Chain Restaurants an Idea Whose Time Has Passed?
« Reply #20 on: Today at 02:50:26 PM »
Applebee's was one of the first chain restaurants here in the Wiregrass.  Saw a book face thread this weekend that points out what I was talking about.

The guy said he walked in, saw the Health Department score of 87, took a look around and walked out. The first 10+ replies were almost identical, with each saying the place was filthy and they wouldn't go back.

Two things about that.  First, that's a straight up failure by management. Just like when you get around someone who stinks to high heaven.  You think, damn, a bar of soap just doesn't cost that much.  Keeping a restaurant clean should be as second nature as clocking in.  It's not some unique or foreign concept. 

Second, the fact that all these people are responding the way they did means they are in fact, going to eat there.  But, if you don't keep it clean, or the food or service sucks, you won't stay in business.  My son worked at Outback for a couple of years.  They run a tight ship over there in all the service areas, and the place stays packed, especially on weekends.

Likewise with Olive Garden here. I know the manager and who trained him.  Customer service is priority one, and as a result, they do a great business.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."