Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Harvey Updyke - Too Much Bama in Him

Harvey Updyke - Too Much Bama in Him
« on: May 11, 2012, 06:38:18 PM »
Just trying to enjoy the SEC tournament like a normal Alabama fan and BAM!  Cops. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: Harvey Updyke - Too Much Bama in Him
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 07:54:02 PM »
Please tell me he got arrested for public intox and/or exposing himself to ten year old boys...

I'll settle for arrested.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 08:02:33 PM »
Alabama ejects Harvey Updyke from SEC softball tournament

Harvey Updyke is taken away from Rhoads Stadium during today's SEC Softball tournament (Photo credit: Brian Rice)

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Harvey Updyke, the man alleged to have poisoned Auburn's Toomer's Oaks, was ejected from today's SEC softball tournament game between Alabama and Georgia, UA confirmed this afternoon.

"Mr. Harvey Updyke was asked by University of Alabama officials to leave today's softball game and he complied. Several months ago, the University issued a formal directive to Mr. Updyke stating that he is not to come to the University of Alabama campus. Mr. Updyke has no affiliation with the University of Alabama and does not represent the institution in any way. The University of Alabama will have no further statement on this matter."

Multiple UAPD officers at the game declined to comment.

Brian Rice, who works with the Tennessee softball team, snapped multiple photos of Updyke being led away from the Rhoads Stadium property. In a message to the Tuscaloosa Bureau, Rice said Updyke had been sitting in a lawn chair in the grassy area behind the home run fence.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:08:40 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 10:14:24 PM »
Damn.  I was hoping he was throwing water balloons full of Spike 80 at opposing players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 01:07:14 AM »
First off, whoever wrote that article is still clinging to the ”alleged” shit...It isn't alleged anymore when the person has admitted to doing it on numerous occasions (radio, YouTube prank call, etc.)

Also, this made me laugh out loud...

(updyke) does not represent the institution in any way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 01:45:58 AM »
Fuck that piece of shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 09:33:32 PM »
So, they buy him tickets to the by god Nashunl Champeenship game, but throw his ass out of a softball game?  Yeah...makes perfect sense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 09:54:16 PM »
So, they buy him tickets to the by god Nashunl Champeenship game, but throw his ass out of a softball game?  Yeah...makes perfect sense.

They have no control over who has tickets to the BCSCG  They can control who comes on campus.  That said, he was on campus for other football games, and not kicked out.  Fuck them...nothing but grandstanding.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 10:21:05 PM »
They have no control over who has tickets to the BCSCG  They can control who comes on campus.  That said, he was on campus for other football games, and not kicked out.  Fuck them...nothing but grandstanding.
True, but this wasn't the case during our game. According to each of the Birmingham tv sports readers, Auburn's failure to keep Cecil out of the state of Arizona showed we had no respect for the NCAA and we were flaunting the fact that we got away with murder. Karle, Raita, et al even hinted around that we could (should) be charged with an infraction simply because Cecil was in Phoenix.

I haven't heard 1 peep from these propagandists about the updyke event. It's not suprising in the least. I'm thoroughly convinced that if something similar to the Sandusky scandal were to occur at "thuh unieversitiee", these fuckers would do everything in their power to help cover it up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 10:27:26 PM »
True, but this wasn't the case during our game. According to each of the Birmingham tv sports readers, Auburn's failure to keep Cecil out of the state of Arizona showed we had no respect for the NCAA and we were flaunting the fact that we got away with murder. Karle, Raita, et al even hinted around that we could (should) be charged with an infraction simply because Cecil was in Phoenix.

I haven't heard 1 peep from these propagandists about the updyke event. It's not suprising in the least. I'm thoroughly convinced that if something similar to the Sandusky scandal were to occur at "thuh unieversitiee", these fuckers would do everything in their power to help cover it up.

The scandal would be that they are playing the part of the kids in need...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 10:47:24 PM »

NCAA isn't bound by The Constitution.  Even at that, clearly they had no teeth in their order to keep Cecil out of the BCSCG.  Fuck any idiot bammers that claim we flaunted what the fuck ever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 12:47:01 AM »
That said, he was on campus for other football games, and not kicked out.  Fuck them...nothing but grandstanding.
Just curious, but how do you expect them to find him in a crowd of 101,000+ people? And I don't see how Alabama is grandstanding when somebody who works with the Tennessee softball team is the one that took the pictures and tweeted them in the first place. That's the only reason the media found out and asked UA about it in the first place.

Don't tell me that Tennessee is part of "the machine" too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 10:18:23 AM »
Just curious, but how do you expect them to find him in a crowd of 101,000+ people? And I don't see how Alabama is grandstanding when somebody who works with the Tennessee softball team is the one that took the pictures and tweeted them in the first place. That's the only reason the media found out and asked UA about it in the first place.

I'm suprised he didn't have a seat directly behind home plate. The Tennessean probably robbed him of a standing ovation.

To answer your question, you catch him at the gate. It can be done, all that is missing is the want to keep him away in the first place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

JR4AU

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 11:06:49 AM »

I'm suprised he didn't have a seat directly behind home plate. The Tennessean probably robbed him of a standing ovation.

To answer your question, you catch him at the gate. It can be done, all that is missing is the want to keep him away in the first place.

It's not like nobody knows what Harvey looks like.  It's not like people don't stop him to shake his hand, praise him, treat him like a rock star.  It's not been just one random pic to prove this.  We've seen dozens, and heard more give their own testimony on talk radio about it.  He likely bought a ticket at a ticket window from a clerk that knew damn well who he was.  He was let in this game by a ticket taker that knew damn well who he was.  He was seen by security, and they didn't react until forced to.  Had there been any policy trespassing Harvey from bammer events on campus, they'd have known.  There wasn't...isn't.  He was thrown out of this game because a rival fan let it be known he was there, and did it in real time.  It was a lame attempt to "distance" themselves from Harvey.  Too bad his stench is all over the bammer nation, and it won't wash off no matter how many championships are won.  Doing like most rednecks and yelling "42-14" through a rotting set of teeth won't make the redneck less stupid, and won't make the bammer nation less Updykeish
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 11:54:31 AM »
It's not like nobody knows what Harvey looks like.  It's not like people don't stop him to shake his hand, praise him, treat him like a rock star.  It's not been just one random pic to prove this.  We've seen dozens, and heard more give their own testimony on talk radio about it.  He likely bought a ticket at a ticket window from a clerk that knew damn well who he was.  He was let in this game by a ticket taker that knew damn well who he was.  He was seen by security, and they didn't react until forced to.  Had there been any policy trespassing Harvey from bammer events on campus, they'd have known.  There wasn't...isn't.  He was thrown out of this game because a rival fan let it be known he was there, and did it in real time.  It was a lame attempt to "distance" themselves from Harvey.  Too bad his stench is all over the bammer nation, and it won't wash off no matter how many championships are won.  Doing like most rednecks and yelling "42-14" through a rotting set of teeth won't make the redneck less stupid, and won't make the bammer nation less Updykeish
Well put and and 100% correct. Hell, a blind man could see through that weak assed "Harvey's been banned from the campus" smoke screen they're blowing over there. No one is buying it, yet they stand and make the claim and wind up making themselves look even more ridiculous than they already are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 01:18:37 PM »
Maybe I'm just ignorant to it because A) I'm a bammer and B) I couldn't pick the fucker out of a crowd either. I don't disagree with the fact that obviously people know who he is and recognize him, etc. I just think you're creating a conspiracy theory that isn't there. Especially when it was a rival coach that put this in the public eye, not UA. I suppose UA should create special task forces to search the stands of every single athletic event to screen specifically for the dipshit. That should work really well at football games.

I understand what you're saying, I think you're just being a little unrealistic about it. If the fucker was there and UA DIDN'T remove him, you would be screaming about it too. So I don't know what you want them to do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 01:48:30 PM »
So I don't know what you want them to do.

Jump headfirst from a tall building. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 02:01:15 PM »
Maybe I'm just ignorant to it because A) I'm a bammer and B) I couldn't pick the fucker out of a crowd either. I don't disagree with the fact that obviously people know who he is and recognize him, etc. I just think you're creating a conspiracy theory that isn't there. Especially when it was a rival coach that put this in the public eye, not UA. I suppose UA should create special task forces to search the stands of every single athletic event to screen specifically for the dipshit. That should work really well at football games.

I understand what you're saying, I think you're just being a little unrealistic about it. If the fucker was there and UA DIDN'T remove him, you would be screaming about it too. So I don't know what you want them to do.

Screaming about what?  Just pointing out what it is.  I don't give a fuck what they do.  Updyke is embraced by your fan base and you know it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 02:32:22 PM »
Jump headfirst from a tall building.

For starters
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2012, 03:19:42 PM »
Screaming about what?  Just pointing out what it is.  I don't give a fuck what they do.  Updyke is embraced by your fan base and you know it.
updyke is their fanbase. The whole country knows it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions