Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Is Mike Tyson...

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Is Mike Tyson...
« on: August 20, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »
...mentally retarded?

I'm watching a documentary of him on Spike.  A lot of it has Tyson narrating.

I guess it's just been a long ass time since I've ever cared to watch videos of Mike Tyson talking, as I prefer to watch videos of Mike Tyson pushing in people's feces faces faces and feces.  But I just didn't recall him being this epicly slow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Is Mike Tyson...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 10:03:56 PM »
I do not know but I would never ask him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 10:19:19 AM »
I seriously think the drugs have killed what little mind he had.
I would say he had probably taken too many punches, but I don't recall him being hit that often before pummeling his opponents.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 12:37:50 PM »
I seriously think the drugs have killed what little mind he had.
I would say he had probably taken too many punches, but I don't recall him being hit that often before pummeling his opponents.

He was never eloquent and probably several points down the IQ scale from your average bear.

But damn if he didn't sound severely challenged in this documentary.  I also don't think it was from any punches, so it must have been the drugs, which he mentioned a couple of times during interviews.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 10:34:09 AM »
I watched Tyson during the Charlie Sheen roast,  and he had a few funny lines off the cuff.  I am not talking about his prepared speech which I am sure was written for him, but a few good responses to others.   I think you are looking at the product of normal intelligence without education, refinement, or any form of restraint. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 11:48:47 AM »
...mentally retarded?

I'm watching a documentary of him on Spike.  A lot of it has Tyson narrating.

I guess it's just been a long ass time since I've ever cared to watch videos of Mike Tyson talking, as I prefer to watch videos of Mike Tyson pushing in people's feces faces faces and feces.  But I just didn't recall him being this epicly slow.

I heard him a couple of months ago on Mike and Mike and he sounded like he was talking slow, but it sounded like he was more picking his words carefully rather than just stupid.  He actually started talking about his life with his family and his one man show that he has been doing.  More than anything he sounded kind of depressed that he realized that he had squandered his talent and made a joke of himself and had no other skills than to get up on a stage and talk about his f'ed up life.

I guess maybe I shouldn't feel sorry for the guy because he brought it all on himself, but I kind of did.  At least it seemed that he had learned from his past, just might have come too late.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 12:53:11 PM »
I heard him a couple of months ago on Mike and Mike and he sounded like he was talking slow, but it sounded like he was more picking his words carefully rather than just stupid.  He actually started talking about his life with his family and his one man show that he has been doing.  More than anything he sounded kind of depressed that he realized that he had squandered his talent and made a joke of himself and had no other skills than to get up on a stage and talk about his f'ed up life.

I guess maybe I shouldn't feel sorry for the guy because he brought it all on himself, but I kind of did.  At least it seemed that he had learned from his past, just might have come too late.

Ive said the same thing, then I take it back due to his upbringing. Yes, he has caused a lot of his own pain, but seriously - the dude never had a father figure other than Cus. He protected Tyson. When Cus died, a bunch of vultures led by none other than Don King swept in to take him for what he was worth. He had many of the same issues as Michael Jackson and Elvis as far as leaches and people coming after his money. Tyson never really got off on the right foot in life. He had one guy who knew how to guide him and that was it. The guy never really had a role model for any substantial length of time. So in a way, I do feel sorry for the guy. I don't think he's a bad dude. Just misguided. And I am sure the shots he's taken over the years affect his speech.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE