We fall to 25-20 (10-12) for the year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The UGA series
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 12:52:05 AM »
No way we make the SEC tourney.  That was weak ass sauce tonight against a .500 ball club.  Our last two SEC series are against Arkansas in Fayettenam and Florida at home.  Be lucky to take a game. 

This team has progressed exactly...000.000 in the last 7-8 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 10:38:23 AM »
No way we make the SEC tourney.  That was weak ass sauce tonight against a .500 ball club.  Our last two SEC series are against Arkansas in Fayettenam and Florida at home.  Be lucky to take a game. 

This team has progressed exactly...000.000 in the last 7-8 years.

The SEC site is not updated yet from yesterday's games.  10 go to Hoover this year if I recall correctly.  As of yesterday we were in a 3 way tie for 3rd in the west, and 6th overall, with a 3 game lead on TN, and 4 game lead on Updyke Academy. 

Agree with the rest, we've not gotten better in a long time, and we're NOT assured of a spot in the SEC tourney, but would almost have to lose out to not go.  We're all but eliminated from post season.  We can hope that maybe we show up tomorrow and Sunday vs UGA, and that Ark. and FL will rest their better pitching for post season play, and maybe we can at least get to Hoover.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 04:04:20 PM »
This is Coach Paw's 4th season, and things haven't gotten any better. That inexcusable sweep to the worst team in the conference really killed this season. We can do better, but it will have to be with someone else at the helm. Paw is the Jeff Lebo of baseball.

Many have suggested we bring Casey Dunn home from Samford. I'm not sure he would be the best hire. I think we could get a top assistant with proven recruiting skills from one of the perennial super regional power schools (Arizona, Rice, etc) and hand him the keys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 05:16:42 PM »
This is Coach Paw's 4th season, and things haven't gotten any better. That inexcusable sweep to the worst team in the conference really killed this season. We can do better, but it will have to be with someone else at the helm. Paw is the Jeff Lebo of baseball.

Many have suggested we bring Casey Dunn home from Samford. I'm not sure he would be the best hire. I think we could get a top assistant with proven recruiting skills from one of the perennial super regional power schools (Arizona, Rice, etc) and hand him the keys.

My vote is for Dunn.  He's done a great job at Samford, and he's an Auburn guy.  Grew up eating, sleeping, living baseball. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 07:42:09 PM »
We just dropped game 2, 6-5, in 11 innings.

25-21 (10-13). We may squeak into the SEC tourney, but I think our slim chance of making the NCAA's just evaporated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 07:56:47 PM »
We just dropped game 2, 6-5, in 11 innings.

25-21 (10-13). We may squeak into the SEC tourney, but I think our slim chance of making the NCAA's just evaporated.

Pissed away a W.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 05:19:32 PM »
Swept - 8-3 - and fall to 25-22 (10-14). Our last 2 series are @ Arkansas next weekend, then home against the Gators. We have 2 non-conference games left with Jax State and one of the state's black schools.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 05:24:37 PM »
This is getting pathetic.  It's not like UGA is one of the top teams in the conference. 

Swept again....  :facepalm: 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 09:17:59 AM »

2nd season was great. 3rd season was decent. We've actually regressed since the end of that first season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 09:35:58 AM »
2nd season was great. 3rd season was decent. We've actually regressed since the end of that first season.

It's been a long time since I was a baseball fan of any kind.  I keep up with Auburn baseball because it's Auburn.  I don't know that much about the details of the game, but I see the same mistakes made over and over with this group.  A lot of it seems to be the coach asleep at the wheel.   I know baseball is different from football in that anybody can, with some luck and a timely hit or two, beat anybody.  It's how Samford can beat D1 teams like us.  But we don't seem to have any such "luck" to beat teams that, record-wise, are our equal or lesser, and can't even make it happen once in 3 games.  That's not bad luck, that's a losing streak.  I don't know...anyway, we seem to be trying to play our way out of the SEC tourney.  On the road at Ark. and against FL at home, and with UT only 2 games behind us, it's a real possibility we may not make it to Hoover.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions