Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dyer Unlikely To Play

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Dyer Unlikely To Play
« on: May 08, 2012, 11:55:16 AM »
says Gus:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/07/gus-malzahn-says-mike-dyer-probably-wont-play-in-2012/

This can't be completely unexpected.  That leaves me wondering a bit about Gus.  Did he allow Mike to "transfer" simply to build excitement about his program?  Mike's presence on the "roster" probably sold a few more ticket packages and brought more people than usual to the spring game.

Mike knows that his appeal will be denied, so he rides out a year in Jonesboro and then declares in next year's draft.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Re: Dyer Unlikely To Play
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 11:58:12 AM »
I've always liked Gus, so I'll say that he brought Dyer to Arkansas State to give him a chance to workout and practice and be ready for the NFL draft next year.  It also gives him the chance to get his act together and be around familiar faces and family. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 12:03:19 PM »
MICHAEL DYER

:haha:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:45:57 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 12:12:05 PM »
MICHAEL DYER

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 12:20:31 PM »
If Dyer doesn't actually play another season it's going to hurt his draft status. Knowing what we know now it makes me question Gus' integrity that he took him with him
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 12:38:34 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 12:25:55 PM »
I think it would be tremendously stupid of Dyere to sit out a year and then go into next years draft.  A team might take a chance on him but it wont be till the later rounds if at all.  He will need to play one more year after he sits out IMHO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 12:28:01 PM »
I think it would be tremendously stupid of Dyere to sit out a year and then go into next years draft.  A team might take a chance on him but it wont be till the later rounds if at all.  He will need to play one more year after he sits out IMHO.

Just think how much weed Duyer could smoke if he sits out a year and doesn't get tested. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 01:29:04 PM »

The guy hasn't exactly shown himself to be a deep thinker.  I'm sure he thinks he could just waltz in and be drafted in the 1st round.

Knowing what we know now it makes me question Gus' integrity that he took him with him

Me, too.  I hate that because I was on the Gus Bus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 01:33:53 PM »
Just think how much weed Duyer could smoke if he sits out a year and doesn't get tested.

This...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 01:46:51 PM »
I hate that Diyeer turned out like he did.  I think the guy is an incredible talent and will kick ass if he gets his head on straight.  Last year was just weird in seeing how they used or didn't use him at times.  He had proven you can ride that horse to the finish line in some games.  Then in others, he's inexplicably not used much.  I fully understand the fact that he was apparently on the gunji high more often than not.  But if the player fucks up...you sit him...you suspend him...whatever. You don't run him a couple of times in the first half or refuse to use him in certain situations, which is what it looked like they were doing.

Was this Gus' call?  The Chin's?  Or did they just fall into brain fart mode and go, "You know, maybe we should have used Dieyer more in that game".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 04:46:25 PM »
I hate that Diyeer turned out like he did.  I think the guy is an incredible talent and will kick ass if he gets his head on straight.  Last year was just weird in seeing how they used or didn't use him at times.  He had proven you can ride that horse to the finish line in some games.  Then in others, he's inexplicably not used much.  I fully understand the fact that he was apparently on the gunji high more often than not.  But if the player fucks up...you sit him...you suspend him...whatever. You don't run him a couple of times in the first half or refuse to use him in certain situations, which is what it looked like they were doing.

Was this Gus' call?  The Chin's?  Or did they just fall into brain fart mode and go, "You know, maybe we should have used Dieyer more in that game".

Maybe Gus was ahead of everything? Saving him for 2013.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 07:05:08 PM »
Maybe Gus was ahead of everything? Saving him for 2013.
It Arkansas State returns to Auburn in '13.

Will be interesting to see if either Malzahn or Dyer will still be around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 07:16:25 PM »
It Arkansas State returns to Auburn in '13.

Will be interesting to see if either Malzahn or Dyer will still be around.

Game is set, according to a poster on ITAT.  Posted a blurb by Hokason confirming it.

I doubt that either Gus or Dyer will be there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 07:29:06 PM »
Game is set, according to a poster on ITAT.  Posted a blurb by Hokason confirming it.

I doubt that either Gus or Dyer will be there.
Uncle Fester just mentioned it on the ABC33/40 sports segment. It's a go!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 09:16:53 AM »
I think both will be there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 09:39:54 AM »

I hope they will be and VanG's D puts Dyer out of the game with a broken body.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 09:42:33 AM »

If it weren't for the Ark. situation, I'd agree.  I'd still lean towards Gus being there in 2013, but the Ark. position being open makes it less likely IMHO.  Deye-er, hell, who knows?  He's stupid enough to declare next year after not playing, even if people who know tell him not to.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 09:43:47 AM »
I hope they will be and VanG's D puts Dyer out of the game with a broken body.

I hope we start up a bounty system that includes taking out opposing coaches, and they go after Gus' knees. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 09:44:20 AM »
If it weren't for the Ark. situation, I'd agree.  I'd still lean towards Gus being there in 2013, but the Ark. position being open makes it less likely IMHO.  Deye-er, hell, who knows?  He's stupid enough to declare next year after not playing, even if people who know tell him not to.

A lot of it depends on if he knocks it out of the park at Arky State in year 1 or regresses. If he takes a step back at Arky State, I'm not sure ArCanSaw wants him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 09:53:44 AM »
A lot of it depends on if he knocks it out of the park at Arky State in year 1 or regresses. If he takes a step back at Arky State, I'm not sure ArCanSaw wants him.

It would be stupid to make that the sole criteria for hiring him, but also not unheard of either.  He has a lot coming back on both sides of the ball from a team that won the conference and went 10-2 overall.  He shouldn't regress, and I doubt he will.  I don't know, but just hear, and I'm talking from just a couple of Ark. fans that there are as many folks around the Ark. program that hate Gus as like him, and that he likely won't have the support of the money men that pull the strings in Fayettenam.  I have no idea if that's true or not.  Just hearsay. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions