• Bofa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Soundgarden releases new single for The Avengers
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 09:57:53 AM »
Nice!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 10:27:36 AM »
Not quite as gritty as I like from them but not horrific either. 

They must have gone to rehab.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 10:40:34 AM »
Oh how Ive missed them the last decade.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 12:19:12 PM »
Oh how Ive missed them the last decade.

I agree and we could say that about a lot of the bands and musicians we use to listen to. Alice in Chains comes to mind as one that has a newly released song/album. I know that for the most part these guys will not sound like we may have remembered them but they are still pretty close to the original sound.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 12:22:03 PM »
I agree and we could say that about a lot of the bands and musicians we use to listen to. Alice in Chains comes to mind as one that has a newly released song/album. I know that for the most part these guys will not sound like we may have remembered them but they are still pretty close to the original sound.

If you played any track off the new AIC album and told me that it was a b-side from 1994, I'd believe you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 01:30:02 PM »
If you played any track off the new AIC album and told me that it was a b-side from 1994, I'd believe you.

Speaking of b-side, "Jar of Flies" was one of those tapes listened to so much that, in the end, it had to be
doctored in a few places with clear tape. I think it finally got caught up in the tape deck of my car and was never the same. I was pissed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 01:30:23 PM »

Agree.

May be just me, but I liked them as much if not more than Nirvana. They were just the non-commercialized version of them and Pearl Jam IMHO. STP = another one who put out some new shit recently that was pretty decent. Not sure they will ever equal their Interstate Love Song days though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 01:36:43 PM »
Agree.

May be just me, but I liked them as much if not more than Nirvana. They were just the non-commercialized version of them and Pearl Jam IMHO. STP = another one who put out some new shit recently that was pretty decent. Not sure they will ever equal their Interstate Love Song days though.

Imo, AIC and Soundgarden were far better musicians and also sounded better. Well, maybe not far better but I liked them a lot more. I do like some Pearl Jam and I like Nirvana but the style of AIC and Soundgarden has proven to outlest the grundge era. Thats one true quality of great musicians.

I will say that ol Curtis was pretty good coming up with some tunes to go with his crazy assed lyrics. I still believe that Nirvana would not have lasted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 02:08:42 PM »
Imo, AIC and Soundgarden were far better musicians and also sounded better. Well, maybe not far better but I liked them a lot more. I do like some Pearl Jam and I like Nirvana but the style of AIC and Soundgarden has proven to outlest the grundge era. Thats one true quality of great musicians.

I will say that ol Curtis was pretty good coming up with some tunes to go with his crazy assed lyrics. I still believe that Nirvana would not have lasted.

I'm glad to hear someone say this.  I know it's sack-ree-lijus to say anything ill toward Nirvana to some but this was a garage band that happened to hit on a particular sound.  Talent-wise, there's 25 more talented guitarists than Curt Gobang was within a mile radius of here. 

Now don't get me wrong.  I give them full credit for what they did and I acknowledge that it's not all about who the best guitar player or most talented musician is.  It's just that I've seen some of these polls over the years putting him up there with some of the great guitarists and I wonder if anyone saying that has ever played the guitar.  His stuff, both rhythm and lead is mindlessly simple.  Again, I understand it's not about degree of difficulty.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 02:12:01 PM »
I'm glad to hear someone say this.  I know it's sack-ree-lijus to say anything ill toward Nirvana to some but this was a garage band that happened to hit on a particular sound.  Talent-wise, there's 25 more talented guitarists than Curt Gobang was within a mile radius of here. 

Now don't get me wrong.  I give them full credit for what they did and I acknowledge that it's not all about who the best guitar player or most talented musician is.  It's just that I've seen some of these polls over the years putting him up there with some of the great guitarists and I wonder if anyone saying that has ever played the guitar.  His stuff, both rhythm and lead is mindlessly simple.  Again, I understand it's not about degree of difficulty.   

THIS

They are NOT a top 10 all time act as most surveys list them. I saw a couple that actually had them ahead of Elvis and Led Zepp.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 04:04:05 PM »

Exactly.  Check My Brain came on the radio and I immediately thought, "How could I have missed this, I have everything AIC has done?".  Then they said it was from the newest album.  Made a detour right then to pick it up.   

Agree with everyone on Cobain.  I liked them, thought he wrote some cool stuff, but to be rated as high as he was on several list....PPPFFFFTTTTTTTT!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 02:32:36 PM »

We've got a new CD coming out this summer.  And we're touring with Motley Crue.  Tell the 25 guitarists within a mile of you to suck it!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 03:36:18 PM »
We've got a new CD coming out this summer.  And we're touring with Motley Crue.  Tell the 25 guitarists within a mile of you to suck it!

Will these guys be carrying their oxygen tanks and Hoverounds with them on tour?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 04:09:50 AM »
I still listen to Nirvana and I'll be at the Kiss and Crue concert in the Ham' :stache:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.