Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Day game thread

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: A Day game thread
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2012, 09:52:31 AM »
I've learned after so many years of A-Day games not to let it affect my expectations too much one way or another.  In his last 2 Spring games, Neil Caudle looked like Tom Brady and I thought he was duh man.  However, there is one thing noticably different with this team.....they TACKLE.  They break down and wrap you up.  There were no bodies flying like missles at anyone's feet and no shoulder blocks trying to make the huge hit.  That, more than anything else, gave me wood....well except the girl in front of us with the see-through white skirt that had leopard print panties on. Now, that was hot.

A few general observations:

The DE's are damn fast.  Either that or our tackles suck balls. I'm hoping it's the DE's.

The biggest ovation of the day was when Neiko accepted his award and LEFT the field.

As was said earlier, the passing game looks to be much safer with tons of short to medium range throws.  Don't know if by design but they never went downfield with any passes. 

I had stopped at Taco Smell on the way up and hammered a double beefy burrito.  My apologies to Onterrio for breaking off gas in the 2nd quarter and knocking him off his feet on that counter play.

Emory Blake is bad ass.  Sammie Coates can't catch.

I hate the way they do these Spring games.  What's the point?  We got up and left in the 4th when 3-4 minutes ran off the clock without a play being run.  No one was even on the field. 

Either way, it was a beautiful day on teh Planes and that girl n the leopard print panties was damn hot.

What you left early during the spring game...you need to read the creed.

and quit cutting in front of kids for autographs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2012, 10:07:50 AM »
Creed hell...I want to hear more about the leopard print panties.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2012, 10:10:57 AM »
Creed hell...I want to hear more about the leopard print panties.

I don't know about that. Its probably some 14 year old he was drooling over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2012, 10:13:52 AM »
I don't know about that. Its probably some 14 year old he was drooling over.

And your point is?  She's the only reason we stayed as long as we did.   :jaw: :tongue:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2012, 10:16:30 AM »
And your point is?  She's the only reason we stayed as long as we did.   :jaw: :tongue:

Well then.....where are the pics?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2012, 10:17:14 AM »
Well then.....where are the pics?

His BIL had the camera.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2012, 10:20:01 AM »
His BIL had the camera.

Ouch. I figured he was just being selfish. Surely his BIL needed a bathroom break at some point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2012, 11:43:43 AM »
A couple of other things me and my BIL noticed.  Christian Westerman is now listed at 298.  That's up over 20 pounds in less than a year.  Either he's dedicated to the Yoxercise or he discovered Dave's Pizza/Doughnut/Beer Emporium.

Darren Bates is 211.  Still not huge but better size for a LB.   

Brandon Mosely got the Best Blocker award for 2011.  Just how bad were we?  I guess you had to give it to someone.

We'd better hope Parkey stays healthy (He didn't kick off due to some strain/sprain/tweak/kicker type injury) because the back up kicker is some dude named Alex Kviklyxkys...inator. The guy can't kick it past the 30. 

Clay Finkelstein was a beast.  Came out of nowhere.  Easily the surprise of the Spring game. He and Daniel Pond were a two man wrecking crew.  When they decided to fuck shit up....shit got fucked up.  That's all I'm sayin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2012, 12:18:46 PM »
Clay Finkelstein was a beast.  Came out of nowhere.  Easily the surprise of the Spring game. He and Daniel Pond were a two man wrecking crew.  When they decided to fuck shit up....shit got fucked up.  That's all I'm sayin'.

mazel tov!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2012, 01:34:53 PM »
We'd better hope Parkey stays healthy (He didn't kick off due to some strain/sprain/tweak/kicker type injury) because the back up kicker is some dude named Alex Kviklyxkys...inator. The guy can't kick it past the 30. 

You have forgotten the new rule that goes into affect this Fall.  All touchbacks come out to the 25.  Chickenshit rule change if you ask me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2012, 01:51:46 PM »

You have forgotten the new rule that goes into affect this Fall.  All touchbacks come out to the 25.  Chickenshit rule change if you ask me.

Agreed.  Forgot about that rule but still...this guy can't even kick it to the 25.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2012, 04:02:19 PM »

Getting tired of them playing with this stuff.  They did it in the NFL to promote scoring, and now have done a 180 to promote player safety and reduce the number of returns.  Can't recall why they said they did this this year, but it could be viewed as a different way of promoting player safety by encouraging more touchbacks.  If I'm a coach, I tell my KOR guy, you better damn well get it out to the 25 or better if you bring it out of the endzone.  I've always thought that players stats on KOR should reflect a negative return yardage if they brought the ball out of the endzone, and failed to get it to the 20.  Bring it out of the EZ to the 15 "negative 5 yard return".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2012, 04:05:06 PM »
The only time other than Saturday that I've seen Sammie Coates, he was leaving practice on a cart with his ankle on ice.  I really only know what people on here have said and/or predicted about him.  That being said, the kid is in fact big, physical and fast from what I saw Saturday.  But he had the dropsies pretty bad.  I recall at least 3 drops and it could have been more.  The positives are that he did get open and they continued to look his way.  He had 2 catches for 29 yards.  Had his head not been up his ass and he caught 3-4 more passes...which did hit him in his mitts...would we be stoked about the WR position and the possibilities? 

My thinking is, it could have been nerves..just a bad day.  If that's the case, we may have a real nice compliment to Blake.  I'd trust Trooper to correct that shit.  I haven't been on the Super-Sammie bandwagon one way or another.  But I did see a damn good looking athlete getting open a lot.  He just needs to get over the Clifford Franklin syndrome.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2012, 04:09:35 PM »
The football's like a one-man cold to Clifford Franklin. Clifford Franklin's the only man catchin' it, Clifford Franklin's the only man comin' down wid it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2012, 06:07:22 PM »
I hope one was Clint Moseley committing to holding a clipboard.

Where the hell is the "like" button?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2012, 07:05:00 PM »
Anybody that missed it, didn't DVR it, didn't Tivo it, or set their VCRs (a little old fuck old school talk for me, K, and Snags) or just cares to see it again, it re-airs tonight at 8 on CSS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2012, 06:53:48 AM »
Anybody that missed it, didn't DVR it, didn't Tivo it, or set their VCRs (a little old fuck old school talk for me, K, and Snags) or just cares to see it again, it re-airs tonight at 8 on CSS.

Your avatar is sufficient evidence of KF's throwing issues.  Look where his arm is.  His elbow is too low and the point of release too far past his head for him to throw well.  That's the physical positioning of somebody who is trying to "place" the ball rather than throw it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2012, 09:24:45 AM »
Your avatar is sufficient evidence of KF's throwing issues.  Look where his arm is.  His elbow is too low and the point of release too far past his head for him to throw well.  That's the physical positioning of somebody who is trying to "place" the ball rather than throw it.

Could have been a pump fake.

Could have been a pass to the flat or wheel route, something short.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2012, 09:38:15 AM »
Could have been a pump fake.

Could have been a pass to the flat or wheel route, something short.

Other than the fact that every throw I've seen him make features these same awkward, shitty mechanics I'd agree with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2012, 10:32:01 AM »
The only time other than Saturday that I've seen Sammie Coates, he was leaving practice on a cart with his ankle on ice.  I really only know what people on here have said and/or predicted about him.  That being said, the kid is in fact big, physical and fast from what I saw Saturday.  But he had the dropsies pretty bad.  I recall at least 3 drops and it could have been more.  The positives are that he did get open and they continued to look his way.  He had 2 catches for 29 yards.  Had his head not been up his ass and he caught 3-4 more passes...which did hit him in his mitts...would we be stoked about the WR position and the possibilities? 

My thinking is, it could have been nerves..just a bad day.  If that's the case, we may have a real nice compliment to Blake.  I'd trust Trooper to correct that shitake.  I haven't been on the Super-Sammie bandwagon one way or another.  But I did see a damn good looking athlete getting open a lot.  He just needs to get over the Clifford Franklin syndrome.

I think the problem is that his high school QB was Moseley so he is unaccustomed to the ball actually coming towards him that fast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.