Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

War on Women

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: War on Women
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012, 10:58:13 AM »
That explains a lot.  But he can simply insert "mother nature" where I wrote God, same meaning in this context.

His kind tend to go with Big Bang and really smart amoebas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 11:06:14 AM »
Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in BP Gulf oil spill litigation announces settlement in principle with BP
BySTAFF
BEASLEY ALLEN LEGAL NEWS

ShareThis

Date: March 5th, 2012

March 2, 2012 [New Orleans] — The Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee (PSC) spearheading the litigation surrounding the 2010 BP Gulf Oil Spill today announced that a settlement in principle has been reached with BP that will fully compensate hundreds of thousands of victims of the tragedy. The settlement is to be fully funded by BP, with no cap on the amount BP will pay. BP is obligated to fully satisfy all eligible claims under the terms of the Court supervised settlement, irrespective of the funds previously set aside. The agreement will resolve the majority of private economic loss, property damage and medical injury claims stemming from the Gulf Oil Spill. The settlement will hold BP fully accountable to individuals and businesses harmed by the spill.

Stephen J. Herman and James P. Roy, Plaintiffs’ Co-Liaison Counsel said, “We are extremely pleased to bring justice to those harmed by the BP Gulf Oil Spill. This settlement will provide a full measure of compensation to hundreds of thousands — in a transparent and expeditious manner under rigorous judicial oversight. It does the greatest amount of good for the greatest number of people.”

Two separate settlement agreements have been reached with BP. The first settlement compensates private economic losses due to the Gulf Oil Spill. These claims include businesses and individuals that lost profits; sustained damage to coastal property, wetlands and personal property; sustained real property sales losses; lost subsistence use; and have claims for failure to pay under BP’s Vessels of Opportunity Program. The second settlement compensates people with medical claims related to the spill and provides periodic medical consultation for the next 21 years. Claimants can participate in either or both settlement programs.

There will be no delay in the processing of economic loss claims while the heart of the claims process shifts to New Orleans, where Court supervision will ensure independence, fairness, transparency of process, and accountability. During the transition period claimants will be able to accept a percentage of their existing GCCF (Gulf Coast Claims Facility) offers while preserving their right to participate in the economic loss settlement.

“Under the new program, eligible claimants will generally be paid greater benefits than under the GCCF,” said Herman and Roy.

Details of the Settlement in Principle

Economic Loss Claims

Individuals and businesses that suffered financial losses from the oil spill will be compensated within a framework intended to encompass all economic losses reasonably related to the oil spill. It is presumed that losses suffered by businesses and individuals in close proximity to the Gulf Coast, or in the seafood industry, were caused by the oil spill without further proof. To account for the specific circumstances of other claimants, there are a variety of ways to demonstrate that losses were caused by the oil spill. There is no “one-size-fits-all.” The intent of the framework is to be inclusive.

Under the settlement, the formula for calculating the amount of compensation allows each claimant to select the months used to measure lost income or profits based on historical earnings. Most importantly, the formula allows claimants to recover for lost growth potential. Again, there is no “one size fits all.” Generally speaking, for claimants eligible for compensation, a Risk Transfer Premium (RTP) or “multiplier” will be used to account for ecological and economic uncertainty. The specific RTP multiplier depends on the location and nature of the claimant’s business.

Medical Benefits

The Medical settlement will potentially benefit hundreds of thousands of Gulf Coast residents and Clean-Up Workers who suffered acute or chronic illnesses from exposure to oil and chemical dispersants in the weeks and months after the oil spill. Residents in the coastal and wetlands areas of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Florida Panhandle will be compensated for a broad range of specific medical conditions such as respiratory, skin, stomach, headaches and a host of other ailments. At one end of the spectrum, Clean-Up Workers can submit a claim with a Declaration under penalty of perjury describing the conditions or symptoms after exposure even if they did not seek medical treatment at the time of exposure. At the other end, residents and workers who suffer chronic symptoms or conditions from exposure will be required to submit medical records from the time of exposure and for ongoing medical care. Coastal residents and Clean-Up Workers who experience future manifestation of illness retain the right to sue BP without proof of liability for the spill and exposure.

The settlement also establishes a periodic medical consultation program for 21 years for people affected by the spill to ensure access to appropriate healthcare throughout the Gulf Coast region. A grant of more than $100 Million will be used to establish a 5-year program to enhance access to physical and mental health care services in the Gulf Coast region—with an emphasis on integrated and sustainable community-based primary and mental health care and environmental and occupational health services. These services will benefit families in the entire region for years to come.

Affected Property Owners

Property owners and long-term lessees of waterfront properties in the affected coastal and wetlands region are eligible to receive compensation for loss of use and enjoyment of their property. This compensation was not available through the GCCF and recognizes that residents in the affected region were unable to fully enjoy their homes in the aftermath of the oil spill.

###

Contact: David Falkenstein (Sunshine Sachs) – falkenstein@sunshinesachs.com
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2012, 01:09:24 PM »
Y'all need to stop picking on little AUJizzAss...  He can't help the way he thinks, if you actually want to call it thinking.  Seriously...  I really enjoy trying to understand people like him.  His own post was classic and had me  :sad: as I browsed through it.  Here's a quote that caught my attention...

In April 2011, one year from the onset of the spill, scientists confirmed that they had discovered oil on dead dolphins found along the Gulf Coast. Fifteen of the 406 dolphins that had washed ashore in the last 14 months had oil on their bodies; the oil found on eight of them was linked to the April 2010 BP oil spill. A NOAA spokesperson stated,"It is significant that even a year after the oil spill we are finding oil on the dolphins, the latest just two weeks ago."[271]

So, let me get this straight.  Two years after the "worst environmental disaster [in] the US", of the 406 dolphins that washed ashore over the last 14 months, eight were directly linked to the BP oil spill.  That's an environmental disaster??? 

Meanwhile, my buddies in the region are reporting the best fishing they've seen in years down there.  I hear that the oil did have an effect on bluefin tuna, but they've been catching boatloads of blackfin, yellowfin and red snapper.  Another buddy claimed that they had to cut their annual fishing trip in half because they had already caught their quota in the first few hours.  So, is anybody up for a deep sea fishing trip this year?  I'm thinking about heading down for a few outings this year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

JR4AU

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2012, 01:16:05 PM »
Y'all need to stop picking on little AUJizzAss...  He can't help the way he thinks, if you actually want to call it thinking.  Seriously...  I really enjoy trying to understand people like him.  His own post was classic and had me  :sad: as I browsed through it.  Here's a quote that caught my attention...

So, let me get this straight.  Two years after the "worst environmental disaster [in] the US", of the 406 dolphins that washed ashore over the last 14 months, eight were directly linked to the BP oil spill.  That's an environmental disaster??? 

Meanwhile, my buddies in the region are reporting the best fishing they've seen in years down there.  I hear that the oil did have an effect on bluefin tuna, but they've been catching boatloads of blackfin, yellowfin and red snapper.  Another buddy claimed that they had to cut their annual fishing trip in half because they had already caught their quota in the first few hours.  So, is anybody up for a deep sea fishing trip this year?  I'm thinking about heading down for a few outings this year.

Fishing was great when I was down there last July.  People were on the beach, in the surf, though not as many.  No lines or waits to eat either.  There were no tar balls on the beach, and no oil in the water according to those I heard.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2012, 01:25:01 PM »
Only on the X can a thread about a Democrat chick trashing a Republican wimmenz evolve into an oil spill and deep sea fishing.

BTDub...went out of Grayton Beach last July and caught what the Captain said was the biggest snapper he'd put in his boat in that area.  He'd caught bigger going out to the oil rigs (See, it all comes back around) but we were about the limit, 12 miles out, that he takes that charter.  Weighed 30 pounds and I felt like I was pulling a small truck off the bottom.   

And, the cobia have started running now and we're trying to get up a trip in the next week or two.  I'm pumped.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 01:25:43 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2012, 04:00:43 PM »
That explains a lot.  But he can simply insert "mother nature" where I wrote God, same meaning in this context.

HEY!  He prefers mother Gaia.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2012, 04:04:00 PM »
So, is anybody up for a deep sea fishing trip this year?  I'm thinking about heading down for a few outings this year.
[\quote]

Start looking.  I'm game.  I have been missing our yearly that we had going there for a while.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2012, 08:30:50 PM »
Start looking.  I'm game.  I have been missing our yearly that we had going there for a while.
We can always call the Cap'n of the Finest Kind again.  Let's figure out what he thinks the "best" time would be.  I'll look around for others... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand