Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Skrimp Scampi

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Skrimp Scampi
« on: April 11, 2012, 03:59:49 PM »
Last night, I get a taste for shrimp and start looking at some recipes for something a little different.  Found a shrimp scampi dish that calls for adding crab claws or in the alternative, scallops or lahbstah.  Went to Pube Licks to get the stuff and they were selling lobster tails for $4.99 each.  Picked up a couple along with the tasty skrimps.  Peeled the lobster meet and cut it up into chunks.  This recipe takes about 10-15 minutes to prepare and cooking time is 10-12 minutes tops. 

2 tablespoons of Canola Oil in a skillet on medium heat.  Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes on each side and put them on a separate plate.

Pour in a cup of dry white wine and bring to a boil, letting it reduce about half way down. About 5-7 minutes

Add the shrimp and lobster back and cook them for 3-4 minutes or until done. 

Take it off the heat and stir in 3 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley, 3 table spoons of lemon juice, one full stick of butter and salt and pepper to taste. 

A lot of people serve it over their choice of pasta but we just plated those bad boys up straight from the pan.  I had to admit, I felt like a bada$$ chef because that was some fine eatin'. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

Re: Skrimp Scampi
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 04:16:13 PM »
Last night, I get a taste for shrimp and start looking at some recipes for something a little different.  Found a shrimp scampi dish that calls for adding crab claws or in the alternative, scallops or lahbstah.  Went to Pube Licks to get the stuff and they were selling lobster tails for $4.99 each.  Picked up a couple along with the tasty skrimps.  Peeled the lobster meet and cut it up into chunks.  This recipe takes about 10-15 minutes to prepare and cooking time is 10-12 minutes tops. 

2 tablespoons of Canola Oil in a skillet on medium heat.  Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes on each side and put them on a separate plate.

Pour in a cup of dry white wine and bring to a boil, letting it reduce about half way down. About 5-7 minutes

Take it off the heat and stir in 3 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley, 3 table spoons of lemon juice, one full stick of butter and salt and pepper to taste. 

A lot of people serve it over their choice of pasta but we just plated those bad boys up straight from the pan.  I had to admit, I felt like a bada$$ chef because that was some fine eatin'.

Shrimp, Lobster, wine, stick of butter, and you got a can't miss combination.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 04:30:08 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 04:30:19 PM »
Shrimp, Lobster, wine, stick of butter, and you got a can't miss combination.

That's what I was thinking.  I'm fairly mean on the grill outdoors but the inside cooking is something I've been known to royally screw up.  But I looked at everything in the recipe and thought even I can't mess this up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 09:21:55 AM »
I think we are all in agreement on this one Snags.

Shrimp Scampi is one of my all time favs. Did somewhat of a variation of it Sunday afternoon using scallops. Turned out well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 11:00:41 AM »

You are gonna make some lucky man a fine wife someday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 11:27:34 AM »
You are gonna make some lucky man a fine wife someday.

Don't make me blush.  You really think so?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 12:13:43 PM »
Dig some scampi.  Yours sounds good.  My go-to scampi recipe comes from that haughty, pasty, rotund Ina Garten lady:

Ingredients

2 pounds (12 to 15 per pound) shrimp in the shell
    3 tablespoons good olive oil
    2 tablespoons dry white wine
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
    4 teaspoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
    1/4 cup minced shallots
    3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
    1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
    2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
    1 extra-large egg yolk
    2/3 cup panko (Japanese dried bread flakes)
    Lemon wedges, for serving

Directions

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Peel, devein, and butterfly the shrimp, leaving the tails on. Place the shrimp in a mixing bowl and toss gently with the olive oil, wine, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Allow to sit at room temperature while you make the butter and garlic mixture.

In a small bowl, mash the softened butter with the garlic, shallots, parsley, rosemary, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolk, panko, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper until combined.

Starting from the outer edge of a 14-inch oval gratin dish, arrange the shrimp in a single layer cut side down with the tails curling up and towards the center of the dish. Pour the remaining marinade over the shrimp. Spread the butter mixture evenly over the shrimp. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until hot and bubbly. If you like the top browned, place under a broiler for 1 minute. Serve with lemon wedges

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/baked-shrimp-scampi-recipe/index.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 12:28:05 PM »
Dig some scampi.  Yours sounds good.  My go-to scampi recipe comes from that haughty, pasty, rotund Ina Garten lady:

Ingredients

1/4 cup minced shallots
    1 extra-large egg yolk

Directions

Peel, devein, and butterfly the shrimp, leaving the tails on. Place the shrimp in a mixing bowl and toss gently with the olive oil, wine, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Allow to sit at room temperature while you make the butter and garlic mixture.

In a small bowl, mash the softened butter with the garlic, shallots, parsley, rosemary, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolk, panko, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper until combined.

Starting from the outer edge of a 14-inch oval gratin dish, arrange the shrimp in a single layer cut side down with the tails curling up and towards the center of the dish. Pour the remaining marinade over the shrimp. Spread the butter mixture evenly over the shrimp. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until hot and bubbly. If you like the top browned, place under a broiler for 1 minute. Serve with lemon wedges

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/baked-shrimp-scampi-recipe/index.html

Damn son, my mouf is watering.  Big fan of the rosemary and I'll bet that would put it over the top for me.  On another note, is that restaurant you turned us on to last summer still going?  I know where it's at just can't recall the name.  A number perhaps?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 01:31:37 PM »

Ingredients

1/4 cup minced shallots
    1 extra-large egg yolk

Directions

You love that rotund lady don't you? Or is it just her shrimp that draws you in?

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:32:24 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 03:36:55 PM »
Damn son, my mouf is watering.  Big fan of the rosemary and I'll bet that would put it over the top for me.  On another note, is that restaurant you turned us on to last summer still going?  I know where it's at just can't recall the name.  A number perhaps?

790 on the Gulf.

Still there.  Tell Ed "hey" for me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 04:16:19 PM »
790 on the Gulf.

Still there.  Tell Ed "hey" for me.

Thanks.  Coming down for the Sandestin Wine Festival last weekend of this month.  I think a Friday night visit is in order.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 05:05:12 PM »
Thanks.  Coming down for the Sandestin Wine Festival last weekend of this month.  I think a Friday night visit is in order.

You're going to need 5-6 Sweetwater IPAs to prep for a romantic dinner on the beach with the wifey.  Holla.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 05:08:43 PM »
You're going to need 5-6 Sweetwater IPAs to prep for a romantic dinner on the beach with the wifey.  Holla.

You know it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions