Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Breakout Kings

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Breakout Kings
« on: April 18, 2012, 12:57:48 PM »
I want to like this show.  I even set the DVR.  But I find that I forget it's recorded and half the time don't get around to watching it until I have absolutely nothing else to do. 

Sunday's episode I watched last night when I couldn't sleep.  I watched it AFTER I watched two movies on Netflix and an episode of the 70s era Battlestar Galactica. 

BK was the worst show I watched.  And that's saying something because BSG was pretty bad in 1978.

Lorne Greene was laughable as big head Adama.  The sets probably cost every bit of $8 to construct.  And they blatantly ripped off Star Wars and Planet of the Apes. 

Cassie added a little 70s hotness

as did Athena

But it was still campy, cheesy bad.  As bad as Batman was in the 60s. 

STILL better than Breakout Kings. 

The show tried to get all edgy and kill off a main character early this season.  But it screwed up and killed off the only one who wasn't a one-note symphony. 

Domenick Lombardozzi who plays the "leader" of the group of cons who chase escapees is one of the worst actors I've ever seen.  He doesn't even have one note.  And he's the centerpiece of this show.

The black guy is a caricature and isn't given room to stretch.  The quirky "doctor" has no depth or belivability.  The siren whore is boxed in by idiotic contrivances.  The damaged secretary is cute but isn't given anything to work with besides a completely unrealistic attraction to doctor quirk.   

The concept of cons figuring out where other cons would flee is a good idea, but after the opening credits (which are slick) the show devolves into a morass of stupid plot lines, shitastic acting and ridiculous coincidences that defy logic. Every character on the show is mismanaged from the awkward intrusion of alleged background stories to laughable romantic subplots to forced chemistry that just doesn't resonate.  It's awful.  It's contrived.  It doesn't work.   

I think I'm done watching it now.  I tried.  It failed me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Breakout Kings
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 09:33:55 PM »
This show has one of the McPoyles, right?  That's all I've taken from their promos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Breakout Kings
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 11:00:01 AM »
This show has one of the McPoyles, right?  That's all I've taken from their promos.

Yep.

Although I find them hilarious in Always Sunny. The eczema/clamminess angle is a riot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE