Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Woodbery Keeping You Informed

Woodbery Keeping You Informed
« on: April 09, 2012, 11:16:49 AM »

AUBURN, Alabama -- As jury selection begins this morning for the first of four former Auburn players going to trial on armed robbery charges, recent court filings by attorneys for Antonio Goodwin have shed light on a possible defense strategy.

Goodwin waived his arraignment and entered a plea of "not guilty and not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect" in written filings available online today. Jury selection was slated to begin today in the case presided by Lee County Circuit Judge Chris Hughes, according to the Opelika-Auburn News.

Goodwin's attorneys are seeking access to Auburn University drug-testing data and have subpoenaed Rich McGlynn, Auburn's senior associate athletic director for compliance, and two other Auburn officials.

Auburn lawyers have sought to quash the subpoena, calling it "unreasonable, oppressive" and a fishing expedition.

But in new filings released today, Goodwin's attorneys argue that Auburn has already turned over 600 pages of documents to Mosley's attorneys.

The documents requested by Goodwin "go to the heart of the defense of mental intent," his lawyers wrote. Specifically, the information could shed light on "whether the defendant was under the influence of hallucinogenic drugs."

Goodwin was arrested along with Mike McNeil, Dakota Mosley and Shaun Kitchens last March after allegedly robbing residents of a home off Wire Road in Auburn. All four players were immediately dismissed from the team by coach Gene Chizik.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/04/antonio_goodwin_trial.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Woodbery Keeping You Informed
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 11:19:43 AM »
Just another coincidence. 
All the other beat writers took all the good stories.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 11:33:06 AM »
Hell, it's not like there's any spring football going on or anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 11:38:21 AM »
Hell, it's not like there's any spring football going on or anything.

It's Chizik's fault.  All scrimmages have been closed to the media so it's really the only thing going on Auburn related.  Tomorrow, he'll follow up with and in-depth look at Bama's series sweep of Auburn in baseball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 12:02:16 PM »
It's Chizik's fault.  All scrimmages have been closed to the media so it's really the only thing going on Auburn related.  Tomorrow, he'll follow up with and in-depth look at Bama's series sweep of Auburn in baseball.
If he has time maybe a Fairley pot story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 12:03:45 PM »
If he has time maybe a Fairley pot story.

Oooo...now that would be a good read.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 12:25:34 PM »
I can't wait for his voir dire story.  It's going to be a fucking nail biter. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:26:35 PM by AWK »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 11:51:43 AM »
Evan is all over this.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/04/auburn_reaches_agreement_to_pr.html
Auburn reaches agreement to provide certain drug-test information in Antonio Goodwin trial
Published: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 10:11 AM
By Evan Woodbery/Auburn Bureau, The Birmingham News, Press-Register, and The Huntsville Times

OPELIKA, Alabama -- Auburn University has agreed to provide certain general information on its athletic drug-test policies to attorneys for Antonio Goodwin.

The university will turn over student-specific data to the court that will only be released if the individual waives his right to confidentiality.

Goodwin is the first of four former Auburn football players to go on trial for an alleged armed robbery last March.

His attorney had subpoenaed Auburn officials to provide information on its drug-testing policies. Auburn had sought to quash the subpoena and Lee County Circuit Court Judge Christopher Hughes was scheduled to hear arguments this morning.

Jury selection in the case continued this morning and the trial could start this afternoon.

The agreement reached between Auburn and Goodwin's attorney, Lauryn Lauderdale, will provide access to general data about drug-testing policies not specific to any individual student.

The university will also provide to the court individual data related to Goodwin and the three other defendants -- Dakota Mosley, Mike McNeil and Shaun Kitchens. Attorneys for all four defendants were in the courtroom and supported the agreement.

The status of drug-testing data related to potential state witnesses -- including current player DeAngelo Benton and former players Mike Dyer and Neiko Thorpe -- is much more complicated.

Lauderdale argued that the state was trying to persuade Dyer not to waive his confidentiality rights. She argued that the state should be neutral.

"The state does not represent Neiko Thorpe. The state does not represent Mike Dyer," she said.

Assistant district attorney Kenny Gibbs said prosecutors were simply letting witnesses know their rights.

Judge Hughes ordered prosecutors not to influence potential witnesses about allowing their individual drug-test data to be released.

Also, via twitter:
Other people Antonio Goodwin's attorney has served with subpoenas: Chizik, Luper, Trooper, Onterio McCalebb, Emory Blake, Justin Delaine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 12:00:21 PM »
I bet Finebaum will have scintillating conversation about this. 

"So...big news reported today.  Gene.  Chiznick.  Hit with a subpoena.  Has Nick Saban been hit with a subpoena?  Anyone?  Dallas?  What about Phillip Fulmer?  Yeah he has.  How about Jim Donnan?  Yep.  And now Chizik can add that his resume right there with his membership to the Larry Coker Club.  Ok let's open the calls and start with Legend.  Go ahead, Legend."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 12:05:29 PM »
I bet Finebaum will have scintillating conversation about this. 

"So...big news reported today.  Gene.  Chiznick.  Hit with a subpoena.  Has Nick Saban been hit with a subpoena?  Anyone?  Dallas?  What about Phillip Fulmer?  Yeah he has.  How about Jim Donnan?  Yep.  And now Chizik can add that his resume right there with his membership to the Larry Coker Club.  Ok let's open the calls and start with Legend.  Go ahead, Legend."

Nailed it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 01:07:39 PM »
Good thing I don't listen to that bald fuck. Woodberry loves the last Mr. Biggz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.