Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2012 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread

Re: The Official 2012 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread
« Reply #220 on: August 27, 2012, 10:51:14 PM »
Cards beat Pirates in game 1, 4-3.  A rare one-run road victory.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #221 on: August 28, 2012, 09:51:38 AM »
Braves get blanked by the Padres 3-0.  They've suddenly gone from the hottest team in baseball to X-treme sucktitude.  Is the late season collapse starting again? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #222 on: August 28, 2012, 10:00:37 AM »
Braves get blanked by the Padres 3-0.  They've suddenly gone from the hottest team in baseball to X-treme sucktitude.  Is the late season collapse starting again?

Not yet. It's still early. I thought the Rangers were done a month ago and they kept hanging around until they got hot again...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #223 on: August 28, 2012, 11:02:34 AM »
Not yet. It's still early. I thought the Rangers were done a month ago and they kept hanging around until they got hot again...

Adrian Beltre, MVP?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #224 on: August 28, 2012, 12:07:16 PM »
Adrian Beltre, MVP?

Over the past couple of weeks...yes. It is making everyone forget that Hamilton was the AL player of the month in April and May. If they all get hot together, it will be fun to watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #225 on: August 28, 2012, 01:33:29 PM »

I was so pissed that night Beltre hit 3 HR's.  I don't think Oakland will catch them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #226 on: August 28, 2012, 09:46:31 PM »
I was so pissed that night Beltre hit 3 HR's.  I don't think Oakland will catch them.

As long as The Angels are sitting at home watching post season baseball, I'll be happy.  Fuck Pujols.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #227 on: August 29, 2012, 09:34:46 AM »
Okay, this is getting to be some pretty awesome stuff.  Braves pitcher, Chris Medlen, pitched 8 scoreless innings in a 2-0 win last night.  That makes 28 1/3 straight scoreless innings for him and the Braves have won 17 consecutive games he's started.  He doesn't throw all that hard.  Just changes speeds and throws strikes.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #228 on: August 29, 2012, 01:16:14 PM »
He doesn't throw all that hard.  Just changes speeds and throws strikes.   

Reminds me of a guy who's name rhymes with Freg Naddux.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #229 on: August 29, 2012, 02:18:16 PM »
As long as The Angels are sitting at home watching post season baseball, I'll be happy.  Fuck Pujols.

It's looking that will happen.  I know I should be pumped about teh fooseball, but damned if this beisbol doesn't have my full attention right now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #230 on: August 29, 2012, 04:54:19 PM »
It's looking that will happen.  I know I should be pumped about teh fooseball, but damned if this beisbol doesn't have my full attention right now.

Look at the bright side, Football will carry you into Late January.  So you only have Feb and March without sports to follow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #231 on: August 30, 2012, 09:35:37 AM »

And damn if the Pirates and O's aren't hanging in there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #232 on: August 30, 2012, 09:47:40 AM »
And damn if the Pirates and O's aren't hanging in there.

The reason I haven't totally gotten as pumped about football season yet.   Usually after All-Star break, most of the team I like are done with so I look forward to something else, but this year the O's and Pirates are still in the thick of it.  I can't make myself turn away from it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #233 on: August 30, 2012, 10:50:53 AM »
but this year the O's and Pirates are still in the thick of it.  I can't make myself turn away from it.

If there would be one player on any team in baseball I could put on the Cards, it would be Andrew McCutchen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #234 on: August 30, 2012, 11:01:08 AM »
If there would be one player on any team in baseball I could put on the Cards, it would be Andrew McCutchen.

Whew, I thought for a minute there you were going after Dan Uggla.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #235 on: August 30, 2012, 11:12:59 AM »
Whew, I thought for a minute there you were going after Dan Uggla.

No, but if I win the Lotto, I'm buying the Cardinals and changing their name to the "Ugglas."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #236 on: August 30, 2012, 11:51:07 AM »

If I could have just one to send to the O's...Johnny Cueto without hesitation.  One more quality pitcher and we may be leading the east instead of being 3.5 back. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #237 on: August 30, 2012, 11:55:56 AM »
If I could have just one to send to the O's...Johnny Cueto without hesitation.  One more quality pitcher and we may be leading the east instead of being 3.5 back.

What kind of market is there going to be for Kyle Lohse in the off season?

If Carp comes back, I don't see the Cardinals trying to resign him (Carp, Waino, Garcia, Westbrook, Lance Lynn and Joe Kelly).  I was never a huge Lohse fan, but he's been the best pitcher for the Cardinals this season.  27 Starts, 14-2 record, 174 IP, 32BB, 107K, with a 2.64 ERA.  He wins 5 more of his no-descisions, and he's easily in the conversation for Cy Young this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #238 on: August 30, 2012, 01:19:20 PM »
What kind of market is there going to be for Kyle Lohse in the off season?

If Carp comes back, I don't see the Cardinals trying to resign him (Carp, Waino, Garcia, Westbrook, Lance Lynn and Joe Kelly).  I was never a huge Lohse fan, but he's been the best pitcher for the Cardinals this season.  27 Starts, 14-2 record, 174 IP, 32BB, 107K, with a 2.64 ERA.  He wins 5 more of his no-descisions, and he's easily in the conversation for Cy Young this year.

None in Baltimore.  Angelos will not spend money on a pitcher.  I would imagine it all depends on who is available, who trades who, who resigns who and who lets who go.  I would imagine that the market for him will be pretty good though.  He is solid imo.  Had a couple of decent seasons in the early 2000's, a decent season or two in the mid-2000's and has been solid as a rock the past two years.  His only thing is he will be in his mid 30's I think.  That could hurt him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #239 on: September 03, 2012, 07:16:06 PM »
IF, IF, IF the Braves can hold it together long enough to get to the dreaded WC playoff, I'll run to Atlanta and choke the life out of Fredi if he doesn't pitch Medlen. 

That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions