Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2012 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: The Official 2012 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2012, 04:09:03 PM »
Don't quote me on that but I think they have retired them.  Pitching is what I did into college so I get into watching different styles of pitching and how they approach batters etc.  Maddux was incredible and probably fits in the thread about "If you can ball.."  Don't care how many times I watched him, I still couldn't grasp that hitters couldn't touch this guy.  Yeah, he developed an "out pitch" that tailed back across the plate to left hand hitters....but the guy never looked like he was throwing over 80 m.p.h.  I read one time where he said he knew where every hitter wanted it....and he'd give it to them....but juuuust a little off of where they wanted it.  Guy likes it low and inside, so I'm gonna' throw it low and inside...with just enough cut on it to make him beat it into the ground for a weak roller to second.

I think Huddy belongs in that thread as well. All of 5'9 - 5'10 on a good day and 155 lbs soaking wet at Auburn. And the guy hits almost .500 or something. Now he's 160 and with an ERA around 3-3.50 consistently. It just doesn't add up, but he makes it happen. Maddux had some nasty, wicked shit. When they shortened the strike zone and took away the corners, that's when he went downhill. He could paint that corner like Van Gogh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2012, 10:41:53 PM »
No question.  But you do expect Pooholes to adjust. Right now, I don't imagine the LA fans are real pleased with Albert.

Fuck the Angels.

10 games back if they don't win tonight...

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2012, 01:50:07 PM »
Surprised no one has posted on the Braves/Phillies game from last night.  I watched a little early on and the Horseys jumped out to a lead with Halliday on the mound.  Switched it off and went out to eat.  Came back and the Braves had come from a 6-0 deficit to take an 8-6 lead.  From there, it got really wild.  Phillies went back up 9-8 then pushed it to 12-8.  The Braves come back in the bottom of the 8th and score 5 runs to take a 13-12 lead to the 9th with Kimbrel coming in.

He promptly walks one of the fastest guys in the league, who steals second.  Two ground balls later and they're tied at 13.  Braves threaten but don't score.  In the bottom of the 11th with one on....Chipper comes up.  He crushes one that's gone from the second it leaves the bat...aaaaannnd 5 feet foul.  A pitch or two later....no doubt.  Line shot into the right/center field bleachers for a walk off homer and a 15-13 win.  19 Braves hits. 

As a fan, I was glad I stayed up and watched. But I knew it was pretty cool when they interviewed Chipper about 30 seconds after he crossed home plate and he said that was about as special a feeling as he's had in baseball.  Now, that's saying something.  Great game but the best thing for the Braves is it breaks an 8 game losing streak to the equestrials.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2012, 01:56:10 PM »
Surprised no one has posted on the Braves/Phillies game from last night.  I watched a little early on and the Horseys jumped out to a lead with Halliday on the mound.  Switched it off and went out to eat.  Came back and the Braves had come from a 6-0 deficit to take an 8-6 lead.  From there, it got really wild.  Phillies went back up 9-8 then pushed it to 12-8.  The Braves come back in the bottom of the 8th and score 5 runs to take a 13-12 lead to the 9th with Kimbrel coming in.

He promptly walks one of the fastest guys in the league, who steals second.  Two ground balls later and they're tied at 13.  Braves threaten but don't score.  In the bottom of the 11th with one on....Chipper comes up.  He crushes one that's gone from the second it leaves the bat...aaaaannnd 5 feet foul.  A pitch or two later....no doubt.  Line shot into the right/center field bleachers for a walk off homer and a 15-13 win.  19 Braves hits. 

As a fan, I was glad I stayed up and watched. But I knew it was pretty cool when they interviewed Chipper about 30 seconds after he crossed home plate and he said that was about as special a feeling as he's had in baseball.  Now, that's saying something.  Great game but the best thing for the Braves is it breaks an 8 game losing streak to the equestrials.

Almost turned it off when O'Felattio-erty gave up the 3 run shot to Ruiz. Left it on. Then the next inning Medlen implodes. I remember the announcer remarking "thats what happens when you play with fire", on the decision to pitch to Ruiz who got a bases clearing double. At that point I turned it off, 8th inning, down by 4, they are done. Read the paper this morning and bout shit myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2012, 02:20:51 PM »
And in normal Braves fashion, they blew their early game this weekend.  Lost 4 - 0.  HOWEVER, the fan of the game was pretty fucking awesome:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2012, 09:31:14 AM »
The BeeRaves sweep the Rockies and score a lot of runs over the weekend.  Great performance by Beachey again.  Easily the most consistent guy on their staff so far this year.  18-11 and starting a series against the Cubs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2012, 09:42:15 AM »
The BeeRaves sweep the Rockies and score a lot of runs over the weekend.  Great performance by Beachey again.  Easily the most consistent guy on their staff so far this year.  18-11 and starting a series against the Cubs

I feel sorry for the Braves having to go up against that buzzsaw...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2012, 10:17:30 AM »
I feel sorry for the Braves having to go up against that buzzsaw...

They'll drop 2 of 3. 

I'm just happy to see the Braves hitting the ball so far this year.  Freeman is killing it right now and resting Chipper appears to be working out nicely.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2012, 12:02:40 AM »
Nice to see the standing O that Chipper got in his first at bat.  Has that been the general reaction he's gotten on the road this year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2012, 11:46:52 AM »
Okay, how the hell do the Braves go on the road and sweep the Rockies by scoring a buttload of runs...go to Wrigley and lucky to score 4 in the entire series...and then go to the best team in the National League and score 9 in one game?  I'm afraid this entire season is going to be a series of really hot and really cold streaks.  Get ready for frustration.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2012, 12:47:05 PM »
Josh Hamilton is a beast...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2012, 10:41:10 AM »
Josh Hamilton is a beast...

yes he is. That whole lineup for Texas is a "beast" to be honest. They are fun to watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2012, 10:44:09 AM »
7-2 road trip for the Braves with 2 series sweeps.  Nice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2012, 10:58:02 AM »
yes he is. That whole lineup for Texas is a "beast" to be honest. They are fun to watch.

Yep. I will be at the park to watch Yuuuuuuuuuuuuu pitch Wednesday.

LAMPYSAMFBWWTWAFCAM

look at my post you slack ass mother fucking bitches who wished they were as fucking cool as me
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2012, 11:56:06 AM »
Yep. I will be at the park to watch Yuuuuuuuuuuuuu pitch Wednesday.

LAMPYSAMFBWWTWAFCAM

look at my post you slack ass mother fucking bitches who wished they were as fucking cool as me
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2012, 12:13:35 PM »
7-2 road trip for the Braves with 2 series sweeps.  Nice.

If Cards starting pitching doesn't get unfucked quickly, this won't be the last time we get swept by a long shot.  I think in the past 8 or 9 games, we've had one starter go past the 6th.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2012, 12:24:16 PM »
If Cards starting pitching doesn't get unfucked quickly, this won't be the last time we get swept by a long shot.  I think in the past 8 or 9 games, we've had one starter go past the 6th.

Yeah, I would have never believed they'd give up the kind of runs they did in that series. But, you know that staff will come around.  Just a bad streak right now.  At least you don't have Josh Beckett. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2012, 01:45:06 PM »
Yeah, I would have never believed they'd give up the kind of runs they did in that series. But, you know that staff will come around.  Just a bad streak right now.  At least you don't have Josh Beckett.
Golf anyone?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2012, 07:12:38 PM »
I don't want to hear a damn word about the division leaders...
Last place, in a division that includes Pittsburgh and Houston?  Fuck me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2012, 11:13:51 AM »
Well, I'm a bitchin' and a moanin'.  Auburn doesn't make the tourney (No real surprise there) and the Bravos are in the midst of an 8 game losing streak. Yay!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions