Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why Republicans May Never Win Again

Re: Why Republicans May Never Win Again
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 12:19:36 PM »
9/11 was the worst thing to happen to the Republican party.  It gave credence to the underlying extremists in the party who want to trade Liberty for Security.   The party is splintered, and they left the Reagan Republicans like me behind a long time ago.

Not to mention the Clinton cigar jobs.  Way too many Republicans are hellbent on bringing some fictitious, arbitrary version of heaven into America. 

Drop the religious campaign and the party picks up a plethora of independent voters. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 12:25:08 PM »
JFK = One of the worst presidents in history. 

Him, carter, Coolidge, obaba.... Terrible presidents. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 12:26:08 PM »
Not to mention the Clinton cigar jobs.  Way too many Republicans are hellbent on bringing some fictitious, arbitrary version of heaven into America. 

Drop the religious campaign and the party picks up a plethora of independent voters.

Yep, as I said, most of Americans, though they may identify themselves as Rep. or Dem., are in fact moderates.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 12:43:32 PM »
JFK = One of the worst presidents in history. 

Him, carter, Coolidge, obaba.... Terrible presidents.

Not debating whether or not JFK was a good president. Thats subjective and weve had that debate at length before. What was I using him as a reference for was policy standing on the spectrum. Kennedy was generally a fiscal capitalist, pro national security, anti Communism. Those are pretty middle of the road or even conservative stances. Compared to Democrats today, he was almost a Republican.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 01:00:35 PM »
9/11 was the worst thing to happen to the Republican party.  It gave credence to the underlying extremists in the party who want to trade Liberty for Security.   The party is splintered, and they left the Reagan Republicans like me behind a long time ago.
There's definitely some truth to that, but the NeoCon/RINO movement started long before that.  I would say that Bush 41 was the first President from that movement, turning his back on fiscal responsibility among other things. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 01:17:20 PM »
There's definitely some truth to that, but the NeoCon/RINO movement started long before that.  I would say that Bush 41 was the first President from that movement, turning his back on fiscal responsibility among other things.

Read my lips....

You are right though. Nixon really ushered that movement into mainstream along with Ford, George Romney and Nelson Rockefeller. Bill Kristol's pops was a big player as well. Goldwater and Reagan were the anti-RINO wing. Between 1960 (when Nixon lost to Kennedy) and 1968 (when Nixon won the first time), something happened to tricky Dick. He was a true to the core Conservative in 1960 and by 1968 had sold out to the RINOs. It is still one of the sad stories in politics to me, what happened to Nixon. He was brilliant, and flushed it all down the toliet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 02:37:15 PM »
Not debating whether or not JFK was a good president. Thats subjective and weve had that debate at length before. What was I using him as a reference for was policy standing on the spectrum. Kennedy was generally a fiscal capitalist, pro national security, anti Communism. Those are pretty middle of the road or even conservative stances. Compared to Democrats today, he was almost a Republican.

Kennedy was a pacifist and a wuss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.