Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Random Beer Rant Because A Friend Was Raving About It

Re: Random Beer Rant Because A Friend Was Raving About It
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 08:01:40 AM »
FWIW, all beer regardless of flavor is nasty. 

This thread is like a debate over the best tasting dog turd.  Do you prefer it if Fido has eaten a mango before he shits?  No! Be a man, eat straight dogmeal turds or nothing. 

Look here, sir.  We will not be having any of this blasphemy on this site.  You have been reported to Attackwatch. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 11:33:08 AM »

This thread is like a debate over the best tasting dog turd.  Do you prefer it if Fido has eaten a mango before he shitakes?  No! Be a man, eat straight dogmeal turds or nothing. 

Go paint your face and pop a Bartles and James then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 11:35:31 AM »
Go paint your face and pop a Bartles and James then.

Oh...shit....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 11:44:49 AM »
Do they still even make Bartles & James? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 11:49:53 AM »
Do they still even make Bartles & James?

K has some laid up in his cellar.  '93 vintage, good year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 12:08:23 PM »
Any beers that you find better/worse on draft?  The other day, Weskie turned me on to Sweetwater IPA on draft.  A mighty fine product.  Bought a six this weekend and it didn't even taste like the same beer.  Most times, I find draft to be better but not in the case of Landshark.  Sorry if that's blasphemy to some but Shark is a smooth Lager IMO.  But on draft....don't care for it at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 12:24:45 PM »
K has some laid up in his cellar.  '93 vintage, good year.

Was in the Wally Marks yesterday picking up some Conecuh for the afternoon grillings. I cut through the beer aisle to head to the check out counter, and wouldn't you know it - saw an older black dude picking up a 4 bagger of B&J (whatever flavor red is). He was taking that shit to the register like it was the last pack ever made and he wanted the world to know that HE had gotten it. It took every effort to supress the hefty guffaw that was building up inside. Dude was proud of his 'red' malt liquor beverage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 12:37:14 PM »

This thread is like a debate over the best tasting dog turd.  Do you prefer it if Fido has eaten a mango before he shits?  No! Be a man, eat straight dogmeal turds or nothing. 

To each his own I guess.  Not liking beer at all is more acceptable than liking kool-aid beer I guess.  Sometimes, only an ice cold beer will do.  Hot summer day, after cutting grass...or with a great steak for instance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 12:42:28 PM »
To each his own I guess.  Not liking beer at all is more acceptable than liking kool-aid beer I guess.  Sometimes, only an ice cold beer will do.  Hot summer day, after cutting grass...or with a great steak for instance.

Agreed.  What's weird is once I start or have eaten, beer is out.  I can polish off several and not get full.  I'll still be hungry and ready to chow down.  But afterward, beer just bloats the hell out of me.  Gotta' switch gears. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 01:23:02 PM »

You just inspired me to cut the grass this afternoon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2012, 01:47:23 PM »
Any beers that you find better/worse on draft?  The other day, Weskie turned me on to Sweetwater IPA on draft.  A mighty fine product.  Bought a six this weekend and it didn't even taste like the same beer.  Most times, I find draft to be better but not in the case of Landshark.  Sorry if that's blasphemy to some but Shark is a smooth Lager IMO.  But on draft....don't care for it at all.

I generally prefer draft and usually when I am at a place that has an overwhelming beer selection I just narrow it down to what's on draft.  Draft is especially better on beer that comes in green or clear bottles as that stuff can get light struck (skunky) if it hasn't been handled right.  When you see Newcastle Brown (clear bottles) stored in a glass front cooler stay away from that stuff.  That goes for Heineken and Old Speckled Hen as well.

Also speaking as an accused beer snob (I'm not though, if somebody offers me a free PBR or Natty Light and I don't have anything else handy you better believe I'm drinking that shit) I prefer cans over bottles.  Now that Yuengling is available in cans it has become my go to beer to keep on hand around the house.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2012, 02:05:33 PM »
You just inspired me to cut the grass this afternoon.

You chose cutting grass over grilling a fine piece of dead cow?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2012, 02:11:22 PM »
You chose cutting grass over grilling a fine piece of dead cow?

Gonna do both, brah. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2012, 02:57:58 PM »

It just doesn't taste good to me at all.  None of it does. Can't stand the taste of any beer I've ever tried (and i've tried it a ton). 

I did find a house brew once when I was in Vermont or Maine or somewhere up there.  All the place had was beer so I asked for something that wasn't bitter and had some substance to it (a little thickness).  She brought me something that I liked, but it was brewed there and nowhere else as far as I know.  Can't even remember the name of it.  Something like Springbok Mudflap. 

If I absolutely have to drink a beer the only way I can choke it down is if it's almost flash frozen cold.  Like 20 degrees cold.  On the verge of turning into ice.   Otherwise?  It tastes like a gorilla pissed in a bottle to me.  I can take a sip or two and then I throw it away. 

FWIW,  don't like the taste of ANY alcohol except vodka. 

Hate brandy, sherry and cognac.  The smell of bourbon or scotch makes me want to throw up.  No way in hell I could drink any of that.  Rum tastes like pinestraw to me.  Tequila reminds me of squirrel shit.   I just don't like any of it. 

Vodka?  I can drink that.  Just by itself.  Or with Dr. Pepper.  Or Mt. Dew.  Or in a milkshake (especially the gay vanilla or whipped cream kind).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:03:05 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2012, 03:20:42 PM »
It just doesn't taste good to me at all.  None of it does. Can't stand the taste of any beer I've ever tried (and i've tried it a ton). 

I did find a house brew once when I was in Vermont or Maine or somewhere up there.  All the place had was beer so I asked for something that wasn't bitter and had some substance to it (a little thickness).  She brought me something that I liked, but it was brewed there and nowhere else as far as I know.  Can't even remember the name of it.  Something like Springbok Mudflap. 

If I absolutely have to drink a beer the only way I can choke it down is if it's almost flash frozen cold.  Like 20 degrees cold.  On the verge of turning into ice.   Otherwise?  It tastes like a gorilla pissed in a bottle to me.  I can take a sip or two and then I throw it away. 

FWIW,  don't like the taste of ANY alcohol except vodka. 

Hate brandy, sherry and cognac.  The smell of bourbon or scotch makes me want to throw up.  No way in hell I could drink any of that.  Rum tastes like pinestraw to me.  Tequila reminds me of squirrel shitake.   I just don't like any of it. 

Vodka?  I can drink that.  Just by itself.  Or with Dr. Pepper.  Or Mt. Dew.  Or in a milkshake (especially the gay vanilla or whipped cream kind).

Makes sense since good vodka isn't really supposed to have any aroma or flavor of its own.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2012, 03:43:12 PM »
Makes sense since good vodka isn't really supposed to have any aroma or flavor of its own.

^^^This
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions