Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Young Receiver Eager To Show What He Can Do

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Young Receiver Eager To Show What He Can Do
« on: March 28, 2012, 08:10:15 AM »
Auburn, Ala.--Sammie Coates is back in the saddle again as a football player and hopes to ride up the depth chart during Auburn’s spring football practice.

After missing the 2011 season while recuperating from an injury that forced him to redshirt as a freshman, the wide receiver from Leroy High said, “Since I sat out so long it feels good to get back on the field and be able to play.”

Coach Gene Chizik’s Tigers will be back on the practice field on Wednesday for their fourth of 15 spring dates. One of the players he is keeping an eye on is Coates.

“He is a receiver with a lot of length and he is extremely fast,” Chizik said of the 6-2, 203-pounder. “He has got very, very good hands. He is just a young, raw guy. He has got a lot of talent. He is a very promising guy for down the road.

“He has got to continue to work,” Chizik noted. “He has made improvements daily everywhere. We are really proud of him in the classroom and some things he is doing all the way around and he will develop, day by day. He has definitely got the tools and the desire to be a good wide receiver in the league.”

A three-sport star at Leroy High, who could have probably played baseball or basketball college if he had not decided on football, Coates noted he is ready to show the Auburn coaches what he can do. “I’m full speed and I’m going at it trying to win the (starting) spot,” he said.

One of numerous players in the 2011 signee class who have gained sized and strength since he arrived at Auburn, Coates has added 25 pounds since his senior season in high school. “I did it by working out and eating right,” he said. “I have just been taking care of my body.”

Coates said he believes he has a legitimate shot at contributing to the team this fall and noted he is focused on moving up the depth chart. “I’ve got a big chance to play this year and if I keep working hard I can get on the field,” he said. “It’s up to me on how I do at practice and stuff.”

Asked what his goals are for this season, he said, “I just want to get on the field and score and get some big numbers.”

Like all members of the team he is learning the new offensive system being put in by new coordinator Scott Loeffler. He said he is pleased with what he is seeing so far.

“I love it,” the wide receiver said. “The new coach is good. He knows what he is doing. He is young so we get to have fun with him.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Young Receiver Eager To Show What He Can Do
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 08:44:51 AM »
I'm really excited about Coates. I would not be surprised one bit to see him in the starting rotation pretty quickly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 12:30:20 PM »
I'm really excited about Coates. I would not be surprised one bit to see him in the starting rotation pretty quickly.

Then that other boy from Leroy could be throwing the ball to him again.......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 12:33:52 PM »
Then that other boy from Leroy could be throwing the ball to him again.......

You almost seem to want that.  Do you hate Auburn, or have a man crush on Mosler?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 12:40:59 PM »
You almost seem to want that.  Do you hate Auburn, or have a man crush on Mosler?

I'd like to know what you have against Moseley.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 12:41:52 PM »
I'd like to know what you have against Moseley.

About half the 2011 season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 12:47:40 PM »
About half the 2011 season.
:rofl:

We really needs someone who can get the ball to Coates rather than spending time in the grass and giving the ball to the other team. :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 01:19:32 PM »

I really just want whoever can get the job done. But its fun to poke a stick at eh great know-it-alls on this board. If it was up to some of you, Stan White would have never set foot on an AU football field again after his first season. He was pretty bad. Ben Leard too. Jason Campbell too. Chris Todd too.  How many more can we name that struggled at a young start but turned out to be pretty good?

We have no idea how much better he, or KF have gotten. But if it is CM, then we will know that there was at least two OCs that saw something in him. It won't stop you from bitching, but it is still a possibility. He was OK last season. A young guy that stayed under pressure and bent to that pressure. Seems reasonable. But he did get a lot of game experience. If the light comes on, we might have another of the guys listed above. But if it was up to you and those like  you, several greats would never have been.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 01:39:00 PM »
I really just want whoever can get the job done. But its fun to poke a stick at eh great know-it-alls on this board. If it was up to some of you, Stan White would have never set foot on an AU football field again after his first season. He was pretty bad. Ben Leard too. Jason Campbell too. Chris Todd too.  How many more can we name that struggled at a young start but turned out to be pretty good?

We have no idea how much better he, or KF have gotten. But if it is CM, then we will know that there was at least two OCs that saw something in him. It won't stop you from bitching, but it is still a possibility. He was OK last season. A young guy that stayed under pressure and bent to that pressure. Seems reasonable. But he did get a lot of game experience. If the light comes on, we might have another of the guys listed above. But if it was up to you and those like  you, several greats would never have been.

See my last post in the "Day 4 thread".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 01:42:18 PM »

None of those QB's ever had a 4-5 game stretch as atrocious as Mosley circa 2011. Please go look at the stats and boxscores.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 03:16:15 PM »
None of those QB's ever had a 4-5 game stretch as atrocious as Mosley circa 2011. Please go look at the stats and boxscores.

That's your argument?
Because if any of those QBs were to have a stretch today anything like they had back then, you would look at the numbers and say, "Hmmm. Not as bad as it looked." And then not bitch about him never seeing the field again?

BULLSHIT!

I have no idea if he will EVER see the field again. But I have damn sure seen guys have bad years and then come back to surprise everyone.

I would hate to work for some of you flawless masters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 03:24:39 PM »
That's your argument?
Because if any of those QBs were to have a stretch today anything like they had back then, you would look at the numbers and say, "Hmmm. Not as bad as it looked." And then not bitch about him never seeing the field again?

BULLSHIT!

I have no idea if he will EVER see the field again. But I have damn sure seen guys have bad years and then come back to surprise everyone.

I will be the first to admit that I was calling for Moseley to play.  I will also be the first one to admit between Trotter and Moseley, I choose Trotter.

You could be right though. Moseley under Loeffler's tutelage and scheme could become the next coming of Aaron Rodgers and if my aunt had balls shed be my uncle.  That said,  I still don't care for his attitude or some of the things he's said.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:28:18 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 03:25:23 PM »
That's your argument?

BULLSHIT!

There's a difference between being young and making Fr. mistakes like Stan White, and Jason, vs clearly lacking in talent. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 03:51:08 PM »
There's a difference between being young and making Fr. mistakes like Stan White, and Jason, vs clearly lacking in talent.
'

They did it as sophomores too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 04:02:58 PM »
'

They did it as sophomores too.
Actually Jason's number were good his entire career (pointed out by Kaos and is correct)

Stan White was never really that great, even during his Senior campaign.  He was just light years better than he had been the previous two years.  He managed the game well and had a good Senior supporting cast. 

I think the bottom line is we don't want to wallow in mediocrity.  No one is looking for Cam type numbers either.  Moseley does not instill either of those things in my mind.

All in all I am simply asking for an established QB perhaps one we have longer than a year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 04:08:23 PM »
Actually Jason's number were good his entire career (pointed out by Kaos and is correct)

Stan White was never really that great, even during his Senior campaign.  He was just light years better than he had been the previous two years.  He managed the game well and had a good Senior supporting cast. 

I think the bottom line is we don't want to wallow in mediocrity.  No one is looking for Cam type numbers either.  Moseley does not instill either of those things in my mind.

All in all I am simply asking for an established QB perhaps one we have longer than a year.

That's not what I'm hearing. I'm hearing:

"Mosler SUCKS!"

"I hope he don't EVER touch a football again."

"I hope he stays so far away from football that he don't even date a basketball cheerleader."

"I hope he don't reproduce."

"Oh my GOD. If he starts, I'll kill myself."

"Oh. But if he is the best one, then it's OK. I can live with it."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 04:20:42 PM »

"Mosler SUCKS!"

"I hope he stays so far away from football that he don't even date a basketball cheerleader."

He does suck, or at least his body of work does to this point.

I don't care if he touches a football, I'd just prefer it not be as Auburn's starting QB

He can carry the Cam and Todd signs on the sideline, I'd be ok with that.

Got nothing against the kid personally, and I hope he has a happy and fruitful life, and as many kids as he desires. 

No matter who the QB is, I won't do myself any harm, and haven't heard anybody say that.

It's my opinion, if he's the starting QB, he'll still suck, and that means the suckage behind him is epic. 

Could we all be wrong?  Maybe.  But we've also seen him play, and it wasn't good.  It wasn't "rookie mistakes" it was "OH MY FUCKING GOD, THESE GUYS ARE HUGE, AND THEY'RE FUCKING TRYING TO KILL ME, GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF HERE AND Y'ALL CAN HAVE THIS BALL TOO WHILE I CURL UP HERE ON THE 50 AND CRY!"

Many said the same things about Todd after 2008, failing to realize that A: he was injured/recovering from surgery, and B: part of a shittasticly disfunctional situation.  I predicted he'd win the job in 2009, he did, and he wasn't bad.  I see NOTING in Mosler to inspire confidence, not a mother fucking thing.  It would give me great pleasure to see him suddenly help Auburn to a 10 win season, but I don't think it's going to happen with him pulling the trigger.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 04:29:26 PM »

"Mosler SUCKS!"

A better question might be, what do you see that makes you think he is going to be better? What have you seen that makes you vehemently want to defend him? Besides Stan White and Chris Todd?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 04:30:08 PM »
I love Daniel Cobb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 04:37:16 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions