Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trayvon

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Trayvon
« Reply #660 on: July 23, 2013, 11:46:41 AM »
Agree on santorum. But....

That's when you vote or neither. Lesser of two evils is still evil.

Btw, Hitler wasn't elected. He was appointed with limited powers. At that point he was able to gain a majority in Germany's parliament via back door promises with Von Hindenburg that he never really kept. Once he got majority in parliament, he was able to pass the Enabling act which was what essentially gave him absolute control. He won the public over after this through systematic propaganda which centered around german nationalism. He actually had a Chief of Propaganda cabinet position.
I know all that, and as I said, it would be foolish to make a direct comparison and say it's exactly the same thing. Any direct comparison to Nazi Germany is sensational. I'm just saying, if you're willing to trample over human rights for the sake of economics and national security, that's a dangerous path. I'm saying you shouldn't have to make that choice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #661 on: July 23, 2013, 12:02:08 PM »
I know all that, and as I said, it would be foolish to make a direct comparison and say it's exactly the same thing. Any direct comparison to Nazi Germany is sensational. I'm just saying, if you're willing to trample over human rights for the sake of economics and national security, that's a dangerous path. I'm saying you shouldn't have to make that choice.

It's a shame because Cucinelli is a solid fiscal candidate. And I know it's principle and all but do you really think that law can pass in ANY state? I don't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #662 on: July 26, 2013, 10:07:09 AM »
Remember the "all white" jury that wanted to see Zimmerman get away with purifying the white race?

Meet juror B29.

http://www.theroot.com/blogs/grapevine/juror-b29-zimmerman-got-away-murder?tid=sm_tw_button_toolbar

Funny how literally every news outlet reported that the jury was entirely white when that fit their narrative. But now that one juror wants to speak out about how Zimmerman "got away with murder", she's a pariah. Now we can acknowledge that there was an Afro-Puerto Rican on the jury. Only now that THAT fits the narrative that this is all about White America vs. innocent black child.

And the switch is never called into question.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #663 on: July 26, 2013, 10:17:28 AM »
You know I didn't even get caught up on that.  What I actually pondered and really like is that she obviously personally feels like he was guilty but did not let that her cloud her judgement of what the law said should happen.   
To me that speaks volumes about her.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #664 on: July 26, 2013, 10:23:04 AM »
You know I didn't even get caught up on that.  What I actually pondered and really like is that she obviously personally feels like he was guilty but did not let that her cloud her judgement of what the law said should happen.   
I didn't see the interview, but read that she said she tried to hang the jury and that she "fought to the end", etc., which like you're saying, doesn't make sense since obviously they came to a not guilty verdict. Seems inconsistent to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #665 on: July 26, 2013, 10:34:44 AM »
I didn't see the interview, but read that she said she tried to hang the jury and that she "fought to the end", etc., which like you're saying, doesn't make sense since obviously they came to a not guilty verdict. Seems inconsistent to me.

Or maybe I am giving her too much credit but I guess either way it worked like it was supposed to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #666 on: July 26, 2013, 10:35:01 AM »

Unless she is claiming that all of the white people ganged up on her and forced her to capitulate!

Wait. I thought they were ALL white!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #667 on: July 26, 2013, 10:36:22 AM »

Just the bad parts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #668 on: July 26, 2013, 10:55:48 AM »
Unless she is claiming that all of the white people ganged up on her and forced her to capitulate!

That's basically what she was saying, at least that's how it was spun in the editorial I read about it. And how black twitter has decided it happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #669 on: July 26, 2013, 11:08:02 AM »
I think she should eat a bag of razors and die. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #670 on: July 26, 2013, 05:53:06 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #671 on: July 26, 2013, 10:27:41 PM »
That's basically what she was saying, at least that's how it was spun in the editorial I read about it. And how black twitter has decided it happened.

Wait...there's a separate but equal twitter?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #672 on: July 30, 2013, 09:43:40 AM »
We've got a local "Trayvon" incident in New Orleans.

It's now racist to protect your home and shoot someone IN YOUR FENCED IN YARD at 2am.

:facepalm:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/29/homeowner-charged-with-attempted-murder-in-new-orleans-after-shooting-teen-he-says-he-thought-was-breaking-into-his-home

HOMEOWNER CHARGED WITH ATTEMPTED MURDER IN NEW ORLEANS AFTER SHOOTING TEEN HE SUSPECTED OF BURGLARY — AND MEDIA ALREADY COMPARING TO TRAYVON MARTIN
Jul. 29, 2013 9:34am Jonathon M. Seidl

New Orleans boy Marshall Coulter shot by Merritt Landry in case being compared to Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin shooting

In a story some are already saying bears resemblance to the Trayvon Martin case, a homeowner in New Orleans has been arrested and charged with attempted second-degree murder after he shot an unarmed teen after he says he thought the boy was trying to break into his home.

14-year-old Marshall Coulter is in critical condition after being shot in the head by 33-year-old Merritt Landry at around 2 am Friday morning.

Police, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports, said that the teen was shot near Landry’s car. Friends told the outlet that Landry’s car was behind a gate.

According to the arrest warrant, viewed by the Times-Picayune, Landry said he approached Coulter from his front yard, near his car. But as he drew closer, he said the boy made a “thwarted move, as if to reach for something.” Fearing it was a weapon, Landry shot him once from about 30 ft away.

The report also says that New Orleans Police Department Detective Nicholas Williams interviewed a witness who offered a differing account, but it’s not clear what that account was. Still, Williams determined that Coulter posed no “imminent threat” and was not trying to enter the house. The Advocat has a longer quote from the report: “victim was not armed, was not attempting to enter the residence, was not posing an imminent threat to Merritt Landry.”

Sat Jul 27 19:29:29 PDT 2013
NOPD: TEEN SHOT IN HEAD IN MARIGNY WAS UNARMED, NOT A THREAT

There are still many unanswered questions about Friday’s shooting in the Marigny. view full article
“This incident is terrible, and Mr. Landry feels terrible about how things have occurred,” Landry’s lawyers, Michael Kennedy and Miles Swanson, said in a statement. “Nevertheless, we remain convinced our client has done nothing wrong, and we are sure — as facts come to light — it’ll become clear that Mr. Landry will be fully exonerated of any wrongdoing.”

Landry posted a $100,000 bond late Friday and is out of jail. He works for the city as a building inspector for the Historic District Landmarks Commission but has been placed on suspension without pay.

The Yard of Merritt Landry showing the gate that Marshall Coulter was apparently behind when he was shot. (Source: WWL-TV)

As for Coulter, his brother admitted he does have a history of theft.

“He would steal — he was a professional thief, sure,” David Coulter told the Times-Picayune. “But he would never pick up a gun, not in a million years. He was too scared to aim a gun at the grass, let alone aim it at a person. No way. Before he’ll ever pick up a gun, he’ll be your friend first.

“He’s still a little boy,” he added. “Who pulls a trigger on a 14-year-old? What if it was your little brother or your sister? How would you feel?”

“I love Marshall,” Clarissa Keller, a friend of Coulter’s other brother Brandon, told The Advocate. “I really just see him being with the wrong crowd, trying to fit in with the wrong people. He’s not crazy, he’s not stupid — he’s just a follower. Now he’s got a big hole in his head.”

But adding to the complication is the existence of surveillance video from a neighbor and friend of Landry’s, Charles Hazouri, that may show Coulter and another boy around 1:44 am in front of Landry’s yard casing it out

Hazouri, who owns property near Landry's house, said his surveillance cameras captured two juveniles riding BMX bikes up and down Mandeville and Dauphine streets around 1:44 a.m. One of the teens was wearing a blue tank top with white stripes; the other was wearing a light-colored T-shirt, Hazouri said.

Earlier in the evening, a different neighbor said the teen in the blue tank top had been biking around the area around 8 p.m. and the neighbor believed he was looking at different houses.

"I thought about calling the cops, but the last thing I want to do is racially profile a little kid who's just biking," said the neighbor, who spoke on condition of anonymity. The neighbor and Landry are white; the two teens are black.

Hazouri said his video, which he gave to NOPD detectives, shows the two teens talking in the middle of Mandeville Street outside of Landry's house. The video then shows the teen in the light-colored T-shirt walk his bike across Mandeville toward Landry's house. Then, the teen walks back out to the middle of the road before climbing over Landry's fence, Hazouri said. The other teen in the tank top stayed on the other side of Mandeville Street, Hazouri said.

Landry's large dog started barking, which alerted Landry to the teen being inside his yard, according to Landry's friends.

Quickly, some have seized on the case as bearing close resemblance to the Trayvon Martin shooting in Florida -- a case where the shooter, George Zimmerman, was recently exonerated. The New York Daily News, for example, says Landry has been charged "despite citing the state's Castle statutes, which are similar to Florida's Stand Your Ground laws and were used as defense by George Zimmerman in his trial for the death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin."

However, Florida’s “stand your ground” laws were never cited by Zimmerman’s defense.

“The case holds an uncanny similarity to last month’s sensational George Zimmerman murder trial, where the former Sanford, Fla. neighborhood watch captain was acquitted of murdering unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin,” the Daily News writes.

Marshall, one of eight children, is still in critical condition but is making progress. Family told the Times-Picayune that he could move the right side of his body but not the left.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #673 on: July 30, 2013, 10:18:48 AM »
 :facepalm:

Here we go again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #674 on: July 30, 2013, 10:30:46 AM »
I read about that one the other day.

And it's perfect.  It's the perfect story to expose these people for who they really are.  They are just looking for anything to make it look like racism is alive and well. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #675 on: July 30, 2013, 11:49:30 AM »
One thing that I have learned through this tragedy and on this forum is that I have more respect for a blatant racist than a tiger who changes his stripes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #676 on: July 30, 2013, 12:19:44 PM »
One thing that I have learned through this tragedy and on this forum is that I have more respect for a blatant racist than a tiger who changes his stripes.

Good. Then healthy respect it is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #677 on: July 30, 2013, 12:50:45 PM »
Elaborate. So because when all we knew about the case was what the media told us - Whitey shoots a black kid for no reason other than he didn't believe he belonged in his neighborhood, I defended the kid because there is precedent in this country for things as simple and as blatantly racist as that actually occuring. But because I educated myself on the actual facts of the case, and changed my mind, that's disingenuous and something to be taken negatively?

To me, there's nothing worse than someone who sticks to their guns in the face of evidence contrary to their earlier positions. There is nothing more honorable than being able to evolve on an issue. Actually letting information enter your brain and affect your opinion on something.

But I guess that makes me a worse person than the people who gave whitey the benefit of the doubt from the get-go because they thought all along that the dark kid had no business in the white neighborhood to begin with. Ok...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #678 on: July 30, 2013, 02:32:07 PM »
Elaborate. So because when all we knew about the case was what the media told us - Whitey shoots a black kid for no reason other than he didn't believe he belonged in his neighborhood, I defended the kid because there is precedent in this country for things as simple and as blatantly racist as that actually occuring. But because I educated myself on the actual facts of the case, and changed my mind, that's disingenuous and something to be taken negatively?

To me, there's nothing worse than someone who sticks to their guns in the face of evidence contrary to their earlier positions. There is nothing more honorable than being able to evolve on an issue. Actually letting information enter your brain and affect your opinion on something.

But I guess that makes me a worse person than the people who gave whitey the benefit of the doubt from the get-go because they thought all along that the dark kid had no business in the white neighborhood to begin with. Ok...
I didn't point my finger at anyone but I don't need a weatherman to tell me when it's raining outside.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #679 on: July 30, 2013, 02:34:06 PM »
I didn't point my finger at anyone but I don't need a weatherman to tell me when it's raining outside.

Most of them don't know anyway.  Oh wait...we're not talking about weather, are we?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.