Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trayvon

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Trayvon
« Reply #560 on: July 16, 2013, 09:54:14 AM »
They didn't...thus, my bemusement at Fuhrman's involvement in the discussion.

See above.

I didn't know there had to be to give an expert opinion on circumstances regarding the crime scene. It's just analysis.

Did you know Sharpton has his own show on Msnbc? He can even say the word 'ask' properly. And has his own show to "discuss serious issues". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #561 on: July 16, 2013, 10:00:02 AM »
Not to mention the fact that George Zimmerman and his wife mentored two black kids for a few years.
His great grandfather is black. His mother is Afro-Peruvian. He is equally as white as Barrack Obama. The product of an interracial marriage himself. He is (was) registered to vote as a Hispanic Democrat. He voted for Obama. In high school, he dated a black girl. Took her to prom.

Saw them play a clip of the 911 call last night, that a pundit claimed proved beyond any doubt that he was racist. Specifically the first 35 seconds.

When asked "Is he white, black, or Hispanic?", he answered "He looks black", with an uncertainty in his voice. To anyone not looking desperately for racism, it is clear that he doesn't even know for sure that he's black at this point. He just knows that he's walking around suspiciously.

After seeing the mountain of evidence over the last few days, as well as the jury's verdict, I'm with you guys now. He didn't do a damn thing wrong. It was obviously a bad situation that I'm sure he wishes never got in, but when it comes down to it, he was reporting suspicious activity in his neighborhood. He was assaulted. He defended himself. Period.

The reaction to all of this is really disturbing. Any evidence that Trayvon had a history of physical violence (see the transcripts of his texts that the judge for some reason didn't allow as admissible) are completely ignored. Any facts of the case, like the fact that Trayvon clearly physically confronted Zimmerman, are ignored.

But it feels racist, so we must convict him for murder. No facts of the case, or of Zimmerman's background are admissible in the steel trap minds of so many across the country.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:14:54 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #562 on: July 16, 2013, 10:06:58 AM »
But Eric Holder is coming for him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #563 on: July 16, 2013, 10:21:56 AM »

The reaction to all of this is really disturbing. Any evidence that Trayvon had a history of physical violence (see the transcripts of his texts that the judge for some reason didn't allow as admissible) are completely ignored. Any facts of the case, like the fact that Trayvon clearly physically confronted Zimmerman, are ignored.

I say candy is the real culprit in this case.  If he hadn't had been off to the store for skittles, it would have been Reese's. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #564 on: July 16, 2013, 10:33:14 AM »
I say candy is the real culprit in this case.  If he hadn't had been off to the store for skittles, it would have been Reese's. 

Yeah, some of the pictures they posted in that article distract from the disturbing ones. Don't know why they showed all the random ones like this ominous horseback riding pic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #565 on: July 16, 2013, 10:53:41 AM »
I like the moral outrage from Rachel Jeantel.

"Weed don't make him go crazy," she said. "It just makes him go hungry."

I don't read the cusrsives...

http://now.msn.com/rachel-jeantel-slams-zimmerman-verdict-in-piers-morgan-interview?ocid=ansnow11
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #566 on: July 16, 2013, 10:55:29 AM »
I like the moral outrage from Rachel Jeantel.

I don't read the cusrsives...

http://now.msn.com/rachel-jeantel-slams-zimmerman-verdict-in-piers-morgan-interview?ocid=ansnow11

I'm sorry, but if you do enough of it your perception of reality can be somewhat skewed. 

When sounds have colors and people begin to speak in tongues, well... that's probably a sign to let it rest for a while. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #567 on: July 16, 2013, 11:32:20 AM »
I'm sorry, but if you do enough of it your perception of reality can be somewhat skewed. 

When sounds have colors and people begin to speak in tongues, well... that's probably a sign to let it rest for a while.
My dog barks brown in fluent Latin. It has nothing to do with this weed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

« Reply #568 on: July 16, 2013, 11:34:49 AM »
His great grandfather is black. His mother is Afro-Peruvian. He is equally as white as Barrack Obama. The product of an interracial marriage himself. He is (was) registered to vote as a Hispanic Democrat. He voted for Obama. In high school, he dated a black girl. Took her to prom.

Saw them play a clip of the 911 call last night, that a pundit claimed proved beyond any doubt that he was racist. Specifically the first 35 seconds.

When asked "Is he white, black, or Hispanic?", he answered "He looks black", with an uncertainty in his voice. To anyone not looking desperately for racism, it is clear that he doesn't even know for sure that he's black at this point. He just knows that he's walking around suspiciously.

After seeing the mountain of evidence over the last few days, as well as the jury's verdict, I'm with you guys now. He didn't do a damn thing wrong. It was obviously a bad situation that I'm sure he wishes never got in, but when it comes down to it, he was reporting suspicious activity in his neighborhood. He was assaulted. He defended himself. Period.

But it feels racist, so we must convict him for murder. No facts of the case, or of Zimmerman's background are admissible in the steel trap minds of so many across the country.

Gotta give ya credit

:thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #569 on: July 16, 2013, 12:54:12 PM »

Damn Django got all of them fellers learning to ride a hoss!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #570 on: July 16, 2013, 12:57:44 PM »

See. Herein lies the cruz of the issue. YOU went with the popular vote because you were raised in that first generation of beta males. Not meant to be a slap, it is what I said the other day about liberals and the education system creating the touchy feely male. There are many like you.

HOWEVER. You continued to seek more truth. Most of your liberal government educated generation will not seek any further.

There is hope for you yet!

Kudos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #571 on: July 16, 2013, 03:41:05 PM »
See. Herein lies the cruz of the issue. YOU went with the popular vote because you were raised in that first generation of beta males. Not meant to be a slap, it is what I said the other day about liberals and the education system creating the touchy feely male. There are many like you.

HOWEVER. You continued to seek more truth. Most of your liberal government educated generation will not seek any further.

Kudos.
Not a whole lot of my opinion has changed throughout the course of this thread. I was never convinced he should be convicted of murder.

I still think Zimmerman is a bit overzealous, certainly more so than I would be in the same situation, which got him into this mess to begin with.

That being said, nothing he did was a crime. It has been proven in a court of law, based on the accounts of first hand witnesses, that Trayvon confronted Zimmerman and attacked him. It has been proven, based on these same accounts and medical records that Zimmerman was being severely beaten.

And I definitely don't think anything he did was any kind of product of racism.

A small part of me still feels that he probably could have done more to avoid having to take the kid's life. But there's no way to prove that in a court of law, and they weren't able to.

Really, it's the media, Twitter, and generally most people whose opinions I've heard on this act like babies over the verdict. The prosecuting attorney's tasteless responses after the verdict. The pundits and tweets refusing to accept that race played no part in this. The outrage. The riots.

It's fucking insane. People aren't adults any more.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #572 on: July 16, 2013, 04:01:42 PM »
A small part of me still feels that he probably could have done more to avoid having to take the kid's life.
Your penis part?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #573 on: July 16, 2013, 04:06:47 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #574 on: July 16, 2013, 04:40:09 PM »
Curious:

What do you guys think of this?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hunterschwarz/florida-mother-receives-20-year-sentence-for-firing-warning

I have my own opinions, which I'm sure you can guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #575 on: July 16, 2013, 06:51:22 PM »

Kudos.

On the flip side of the coin, there are those who adamantly defended Zimmerman as completely innocent prior to knowing all of the facts.  Just because the case turned out to support their premature conclusions does not mean that they're geniuses and everyone else who made opposite assumptions or remained undecided are brainwashed beta males.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Vandy Vol

« Reply #576 on: July 16, 2013, 07:12:57 PM »
Curious:

What do you guys think of this?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hunterschwarz/florida-mother-receives-20-year-sentence-for-firing-warning

I have my own opinions, which I'm sure you can guess.

The media isn't doing a very good job at giving the facts on this story (surprise!)

Her husband (Gray) found texts between her (Alexander) and her ex-husband.  I don't know exactly what was said or done, but an argument ensued.  Alexander managed to get around Gray who was blocking her attempts to exit a bathroom, and she went to the bedroom.  Gray followed her to the bedroom, but then left her in the bedroom and sat in the living room with his sons.

She then left without any interference from Gray, went to the garage, got the gun, came back in, pointed the gun at Gray from the kitchen, who raised his hands, and then shot at him.  Keep in mind that his sons were sitting near him, and they were listed as victims in this case due to the shot also being fired at them.  The bullet went past Gray's head and into a wall, and then was deflected into the ceiling; it was not shot at the ceiling as a warning shot.

Gray then fled the house with his sons and called 911.  Alexander did not leave the house and never called 911.

Although Gray had a history of violence with her, nothing that I can see in this case indicates that he physically harmed her.  Maybe he threatened her verbally and acted in a threatening manner physically, but when you are able to leave the house and escape danger without being pursued, you can no longer be considered as standing your ground against those perceived threats that you just walked away from.  Especially when you come back in, point a gun at the guy, and he raises his hands up in the air.  The imminent threat is no longer there, and firing a shot at someone who has surrendered is attempted murder (or potentially a lesser charge if she can prove she was undergoing extreme emotional or mental distress or provocation, but the fact that she responded with deadly force is pretty clear); she's lucky she got aggravated assault.

This document gives you the facts of the case as the court determined them:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/89763280/Order-Denying-Defendants-Motion-for-Immunity-and-Motion-to-Dismiss
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:17:00 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

« Reply #577 on: July 16, 2013, 07:16:22 PM »
On the flip side of the coin, there are those who adamantly defended Zimmerman as completely innocent prior to knowing all of the facts.  Just because the case turned out to support their premature conclusions does not mean that they're geniuses and everyone else who made opposite assumptions or remained undecided are brainwashed beta males.

But is that not what they are presumed until proven otherwise?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

« Reply #578 on: July 16, 2013, 07:23:32 PM »
But is that not what they are presumed until proven otherwise?

In a court of law, yes.  But those who asserted Zimmerman was innocent from the beginning were not trying to say that he was innocent until proven guilty.  They were saying that Zimmerman was flat out innocent prior to knowing all of the facts.

I'm sure there were those who were arguing the technicality that he is innocent until proven guilty, but you know as well as I do that there are those who automatically made the assumption that he was innocent and didn't want to hear anything to the contrary.  Some people made this assumption due to racism or stereotypes.  Others made it out of fear that their self defense rights could be diminished if a guilty verdict was reached.

Regardless of what assumption people made prior to all of the evidence being released, and regardless of why they made that assumption prior to seeing all of the evidence, those who made a correct assumption prematurely aren't suddenly alpha male prodigies from the best generation evarrrr who are superior over those of us who waited to hear the facts before making a decision.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:29:52 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #579 on: July 16, 2013, 11:48:44 PM »
In a court of law, yes.  But those who asserted Zimmerman was innocent from the beginning were not trying to say that he was innocent until proven guilty.  They were saying that Zimmerman was flat out innocent prior to knowing all of the facts.

I'm sure there were those who were arguing the technicality that he is innocent until proven guilty, but you know as well as I do that there are those who automatically made the assumption that he was innocent and didn't want to hear anything to the contrary.  Some people made this assumption due to racism or stereotypes.  Others made it out of fear that their self defense rights could be diminished if a guilty verdict was reached.

Regardless of what assumption people made prior to all of the evidence being released, and regardless of why they made that assumption prior to seeing all of the evidence, those who made a correct assumption prematurely aren't suddenly alpha male prodigies from the best generation evarrrr who are superior over those of us who waited to hear the facts before making a decision.

As soon as they showed the blood on the back of Zimmerman's head, I proclaimed self defense. Only a weak beta male would not see it this way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions