Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trayvon

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Re: Trayvon
« Reply #420 on: July 08, 2013, 08:55:34 PM »
Yes, it's been speculated, but those speculations are racist.

Only if the purple drank was going to wash down his fried chicken dinner
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #421 on: July 09, 2013, 06:54:15 AM »
Stop me if I'm wrong but the report did not say he was high.  It said he had mary jane in his system.  There is a pretty big difference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #422 on: July 09, 2013, 11:34:40 AM »
Stop me if I'm wrong but the report did not say he was high.  It said he had mary jane in his system.  There is a pretty big difference.

Depends on the test they did.  Because they did the toxicology report after he was dead, my guess is they tested his blood.  If you've got a drug in your bloodstream, then you're still feeling the effects of it.

But of course, I also don't know what concentration level they found in his bloodstream.  Marijuana is detectable in your bloodstream for up to a few hours after use, so he may have been off the high for the most part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #423 on: July 09, 2013, 03:15:06 PM »
Are you high?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #424 on: July 09, 2013, 03:34:26 PM »
Are you high?

Not yet, although I am going to Colorado later in the week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Vandy Vol

« Reply #425 on: July 09, 2013, 04:23:55 PM »
Depends on the test they did.  Because they did the toxicology report after he was dead, my guess is they tested his blood.  If you've got a drug in your bloodstream, then you're still feeling the effects of it.

But of course, I also don't know what concentration level they found in his bloodstream.  Marijuana is detectable in your bloodstream for up to a few hours after use, so he may have been off the high for the most part.

After doing some Googling, it looks like he had 1.5 nanograms per milliliter of THC in his blood.  In all likelihood, he wasn't high at the time of his death.  These levels are around 100-200ng/ml after use, typically fall to around 5ng/ml three hours after use, and apparently these levels can spike after death.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #426 on: July 09, 2013, 04:28:00 PM »
After doing some Googling, it looks like he had 1.5 nanograms per milliliter of THC in his blood.  In all likelihood, he wasn't high at the time of his death.  These levels are around 100-200ng/ml after use, typically fall to around 5ng/ml three hours after use, and apparently these levels can spike after death.

Don't go all NCIS Ducky on us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Vandy Vol

« Reply #427 on: July 09, 2013, 04:29:59 PM »
Don't go all NCIS Ducky on us.

I wish somebody would go all NCIS Kate/Ziva on me.

Or Tony.  I'll take that too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #428 on: July 09, 2013, 04:36:19 PM »
I wish somebody would go all NCIS Kate/Ziva on me.

Or Tony.  I'll take that too.

Yeah, Tony is pretty ho.....I mean...there's something incredibly sexy about that Abbey.  Wouldn't want to date her but just once....boom...pow.....to the moon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #429 on: July 10, 2013, 04:43:33 PM »
Da' Dafence, has done rested. The prosecution is calling a few rebuttal witnesses but they expect closing arguments by tomorrow afternoon.  Even though I'm in the law bidnezz, I normally detest how the media picks up on a trial and makes a production and spectacle of the whole thing for weeks on end.  I want to skull-fuck Nancy Grace's sour face with a shovel...but my sexual fantasies aren't important right now.

And as soon as the verdict is rendered and the analysis plays out afterward, they'll find another trial to focus on.  Now having said that, I have followed this one from the start.  I think because this one hits close to home. As I've said earlier, I can't count the times I've run people out of our neighborhood that clearly didn't belong there.  I can't count the times I've had my .38 right by my side when I did it.  Never pulled it on anyone....just made sure I had it.  Up until about a month ago, my house and the one across the street were the only two on my road. If you drive past my house you've got about 1/4 mile past a pond and to a cul-de-sac.  If you drove past my house after dark and you didn't come out....you don't belong there.  And yes, we've had two instances of people ripping us off.  And we also had several cases of people blowing up malatov cocktails and setting shit on fire down that road.

Very few times has anyone been confrontational but it has happened.  That's why this trial intrigues me.  I don't know George Zimmerman from Don Zimmer. But, I totally get what he was doing.  And it damn sure is not profiling to know who does and doesn't belong in your neighborhood. He might have a been a cop wanna-be, but I respect what he was doing.  We just recently had the chief of police and some other police peoplez out in our neighborhood to help us set up a neighborhood watch program.  And being aware of everything that's going on in your hood is priority one.

I honestly hate that the kid died.  Wish it had never escalated to that point.  But, I also honestly believe that Zimmerman never wanted that either.  He may not have handled it correctly.  I don't know.  But I'm 100% sure the last thing he wanted to do was kill someone that night.  So, I find myself really pulling for an acquittal. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #430 on: July 10, 2013, 04:53:23 PM »
You've seen the trial from start, everyone has.  Put yourself in the jury box.  You're a juror, that has heard every shred of evidence. 

What is your verdict?  Not what you want to happen, or what you feel should happen.  Based on what you've seen, what is your verdict?

Now keep in mind, the trial has been extremely public.  People are going to know you, find out who you are, and possibly who your kids are.  Does that factor in your decision? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #431 on: July 10, 2013, 05:06:01 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #432 on: July 10, 2013, 05:19:03 PM »
You've seen the trial from start, everyone has.  Put yourself in the jury box.  You're a juror, that has heard every shred of evidence. 

What is your verdict?  Not what you want to happen, or what you feel should happen.  Based on what you've seen, what is your verdict?

Now keep in mind, the trial has been extremely public.  People are going to know you, find out who you are, and possibly who your kids are.  Does that factor in your decision?

This may be a little too simplistic, but I believe the potential jurors who were really concerned about that, probably found a way to get out of it. The questioning by the lawyers during voir dire is extremely thorough and intense and they want to know if there is anything whatsoever that would influence you from making a decision based solely on the evidence.  If you truly believed that you or your family might be in danger, you'd never make it in the box. 

Despite what I want to see happen, I think I can be fairly objective based on what I've seen and heard about the evidence and the way it was presented.  In my opinion, Zimmerman has a very good shot at winning.  I thought, and many of the "experts" thought as well, that several of the prosecutions key witnesses did more harm than good.  Some thought the trial was over before the defense put on their case.  I wouldn't go nearly that far.  Today, the defense wound it up by doing two things.....painting George Zimmerman as a "pudgy wimp"....and using the prosecutions own prop in a demonstration that in my mind, should have been pretty convincing.

The defense brought a gym owner in to testify that Zimmerman joined to try and lose weight and that he was one of the least athletic people he had seen.  Rated his level of athleticism as a .5 on a scale of 1-10.  One of the lawyers also used a mannequin the prosecutors had presented earlier in their case, to demonstrate how Martin was on top of Zimmerman pound his head in the ground.  Great way to end it and leave that as one of the last things the jury sees.

Would love to get JR's take from a prosecution perspective if he followed any of it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #433 on: July 10, 2013, 05:28:17 PM »
Today, the defense wound it up by doing two things.....painting George Zimmerman as a "pudgy wimp"....and using the prosecutions own prop in a demonstration that in my mind, should have been pretty convincing.

The defense brought a gym owner in to testify that Zimmerman joined to try and lose weight and that he was one of the least athletic people he had seen.  Rated his level of athleticism as a .5 on a scale of 1-10.  One of the lawyers also used a mannequin the prosecutors had presented earlier in their case, to demonstrate how Martin was on top of Zimmerman pound his head in the ground.  Great way to end it and leave that as one of the last things the jury sees.
I agree with you ultimately on the verdict, but doesn't it seem kind of manipulative that this was the case they're making and he gained over 100 lbs since the incident?

Clearly, his lawyer instructed him to get on the Joey Chestnut diet.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #434 on: July 10, 2013, 05:36:37 PM »
I agree with you ultimately on the verdict, but doesn't it seem kind of manipulative that this was the case they're making and he gained over 100 lbs since the incident?

Clearly, his lawyer instructed him to get on the Joey Chestnut diet.

That's called good lawyerin'.

What would Johnny Cochran do?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #435 on: July 10, 2013, 06:33:58 PM »
Is second degree murder the only choice the jury has?  Can they still find him guilty of manslaughter or negligent homicide or some lesser charge? 

If so, IMHO YMMV, he may be found guilty of one of those, but no way does he get Murder Two. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #436 on: July 10, 2013, 07:40:53 PM »
  So, I find myself really pulling for an acquittal.
So, here is one yes vote for the riots. Anyone else?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #437 on: July 10, 2013, 08:13:06 PM »
So, here is one yes vote for the riots. Anyone else?

I 2nd
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #438 on: July 10, 2013, 08:36:35 PM »
3rd
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #439 on: July 10, 2013, 09:32:50 PM »
3rd
Going once twice motion carried..... Bring it on. Anyone comes in my neighborhood. Shoot first ask questions later.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions